Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Dream Cruise / Back to the Bricks 2013

Frosty

Since we are three weeks away from the Woodward Dream Cruise and Back to the Bricks events and we've been sort of talking about it, its time to open this year's thread.

So who is going?

I know myself, JUSTA6, Mr & Mrs.. notallthere, and the Professor and his clan are coming for sure.

The Woodward Dream Cruise occurs the 3rd Saturday in August (officially). Just north, in Flint, the Back to the Bricks events kicks off the Tuesday before with a drive-in, 2 days of rolling cruise, and other events.

Here are the links to both events:

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

http://www.backtothebricks.org/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Indyjoe is back to work, no update on how his cars comming along. Getting engine parts back from the shop was the last I heard. Bruce#### posted about the Dustoff. Does anyone know if thats BUNKER? Hasn't replied back to me.

I have no idea what Bruce's alias would be. I forgot about Indymanjoe since I haven't heard anything from him since the Dustoff. Is he a definite?

We'll be rolling friday night to get there saturday morning. Kids will all sleep on the road. I'd hoped to roll thursday or even wednesday to have more 'tourist time' , but things work out as they work out. We'll probably hang a couple of days after to sightsee.

We'll be rolling friday night to get there saturday morning. Kids will all sleep on the road. I'd hoped to roll thursday or even wednesday to have more 'tourist time' , but things work out as they work out. We'll probably hang a couple of days after to sightsee.

Let me know what things you might interested in seeing. Lots of automotive stuff around for sure, not sure the family wants to see that. However, Henry Ford Musuem and Greenfield Village would be a good family spot. Lots of cars and other American history to see.

I just got my parking pass for the Widetrackers/Oakland Press lot in the mail today! Sweet!!! :pontiac:

Sorry to hear that "Honey" the Sunbird won't be there. You will have to bring your wife instead huh? LOL!

Cool.

What happened with saving the Turbo McLaren GP from the crusher? Besides I thought you might have to work.

Cool.

What happened with saving the Turbo McLaren GP from the crusher? Besides I thought you might have to work.

It needed a engine, plus i would have to import it into canada, since it had no motor i lost interest in it. And i booked the next 3 weekends off, tomorow im heading to Norwalk ohio for pontiac nats for the weekend. then a gm plant carshow next weekend, then woodward the weekend after that

Hell ya hookers and cocaine.

That's down on 8 Mile - the Dream Cruise don't go into Detroit - technically.

The idea has been presented to me to arrive through the tunnel from Windsor to Detroit and run the full length of Woodward. Thoughts?

It would allow you to drive the entire length of Woodward Avenue (or M-1 as it as designated). You would see the GM Ren Cen on right right as you exit the tunnel, old Mariner's Church (from Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald song fame) on your left as you exit the tunnel. Joe Louis' arm along Jefferson. Going up Woodward you would see the famous Fox theatre, Comerica Park and Ford Field (home of the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions respectively). From that point on, you will see lots of famous Detroit urban renewal and blight until you leave the city. The Michigan State Fairgrounds is at the northern most part of Woodward in the Detroit city limits (Woodward and 8 Mile road). The Woodward Dream Cruise does not include the city of Detroit by the way.

It is at the point that you start the Woodward Dream Cruise route properly in the town of Ferndale, 16 miles later ending at the Pontiac loop (a.k.a. Widetrack Bouldevard) which heads south again down Woodward.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2013WDC_MapFINAL_Page_21.jpg

The only problem maybe the time of day that you arrive, there may be traffic backups that might cause 30 or minute delays coming over.

I have driven Woodward from start to finish. Alot of different neighbourhoods to go through and alot that you have to lock your doors. I went on a Saturday at 730pm in the summer and caught most of the green lights. Great drive I had. In traffic it does suck tho.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.