Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Dream Cruise / Back to the Bricks 2013

Frosty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So which baby are you coming down in? The minivan? The wagon? The Parisienne?

Any more word on your parking certificate?

im staing the night in grand rapids and then heading down to royal oak around 11ish

So this will put you into Royal Oak sometime after 1:00-1:30 pm (approximately) assuming there are no hang ups on the expressways.

Hey guys, been a while since I've been active on this forum (been busy with work/school). Anyway I saw on FB that there was a meet planned for Woodward cruise. So what are the plans? I haven't been there in like 6 years 'cause I just moved back from Florida. It would be fun to meet up with some members while I'm down there. I'll probably go down a cruise a couple nights this week too because people start cruising on Monday usually, lol. My parents went down last night in their 'vette and are going down tonight too. Anyway, hope to see lots of Pontiacs on Saturday. :)

Shoot... never mind. I forgot, I'm supposed to go to Lansing this weekend to see the GF. I won't even be around Saturday. :( Oh well, maybe next year. I'll probably go down there for a bit tonight and tomorrow night though.

Bring the girlfriend. Actually maybe not you maybe single after seeing the way we act.

Looks like it'll be the wagon. I've got a guy on an olds forum that's in SE MI that's got an 87 wagon that'll lift the front wheels off the ground ... he's dumping all the weight he can for that extra .01 ... so I'll need the room. My interior isn't bad, the the rear walls are badly UV damaged. His are the wrong colour, but if they're in better condition (and fit) I can try and dye them. There's a lot of little bezels and such that you can only really get in a boneyard ... but the ones here are totally bare. He's getting rid of everything interior behind the driver's seat so I'm making sure I don't miss something for lack of room.

pass wasn't in the mailbox when I looked this morning ... fingers crossed for tonight. Even if it doesn't get here in time, Jim at OP said to speak to someone at the widetrackers (who's name I naturally can't remember) who'd call him and they'd take care of it.

Bring the girlfriend. Actually maybe not you maybe single after seeing the way we act.

It's not an act - we are that insane.

Happy dance time? Someone must have gotten his parking certificate for Woodward this morning.

I find it amusing that this is the only "upcoming" event that has already gone 4 pages worth of conversation, amd it still hasn't started yet (for us). The first rolling cruise for Back to the Bricks was last night, I will be at tonight's rolling cruise and Woodward this weekend.

Ms Notallthere and I were talking about doing our own cruise of Woodward in September just to see the entire street without insane traffic. I will have to drop Justa6 and Frosty and see if we can get together for dinner if we do it.

lol well, that isn't really feasible. We usually trade off weekends going back and forth, and she was out here last weekend. Plus we already have plans with her friends. I'll just have to miss it.

Honestly, when I used to go on Saturdays back 6 years ago, it was so packed and crazy that it wasn't really fun. Most places the parking was reserved, or you had to go down really early to get a spot then couldn't leave or you'd lose your spot, and there were so many people on the road that didn't belong there that you couldn't actually cruise. It took like 4 hours to go 2 miles... not fun at all. I actually preferred cruising the week before the cruise. :)

That's why I tend to call it the Woodward Dream Crawl. I prefer to actually cruise on Friday night, you can still get done Woodward in a reasonable amount of time, then park it on Saturday and watch the world come to me. Last year I broke tradition since Professor was in town, I felt I owned it to him, notallthere and the missus notallthere, to cruise Woodward in a proper muscle car convertible. I will do the same thing again this year with my buddies that are coming up from West Virginia.

Every year I start a little lower on the blvd and see a little more during the quiet before the storm. And while the drive was an awesome experience, and the convertible fantastic ... you never owed me nuttin. If anything, I owe you for the invite, and the experience, and quite frankly, the entire Widetrackers for the hospitality to strangers. All I can offer in return is the near unique chance to do it facing backwards. If we're going slow enough, I think you're safe with the rear window down.

With the hotel room in Warren, the north and south routes are both still available, but given the time we'll be arriving, I doubt the experience would be worth the detour to go through windsor. Leaving is another matter and unless something keeps us in MI beyond sunday, I'll probably take us out through downtown. .... even if it means they don't get to enjoy sitting in traffic up on the BlueWater bridge.

What's the price of gas for MI and TO guys? I'm leaving here with 20G of $1.30/l

Gas was $3.65 for regular near me yesterday. I paid $3.95 for premium to top off the Lemans for tonight.

I just wanted to give you the full Woodward experience. Glad I could make it memorable.

JUSTA6 makes a good point about setting a time for the group photo op. I am suggesting after lunch - say 2 pm? The only question marks in my mind are Indymanjoe and killerspeed101 since I've not heard confirmations from them, I assume the rest of us will already be there by then.

that's a buck a litre ... no great savings on that side of the border it would seem. I'm good for around lunch. I got a request to swing by Long Lake blvd to meet the Motor City Rockets but I'll get that done early. I've seen the parking lot they're in ... my car will take up most of it. ;)

What can you fit into a Fiero?

Two weekend bags

Two camp chairs

One camping table

Two replica vintage coolers

Snacks for the Widetrackers

Net book

Two pairs of hiking shoes

Emergency tools

Oil

Windshield Fluid

Antifreeze

Car Cleaning gear (thank you ziploc)

Parking pass for Woodward.

Garmin

Purse (mine is black with skulls)

Two people comfortably

Had a fantastic day with Frosty, Notallthere and Proffessor and family's. Indyjoe came down late, and never saw Killerspeed. NEW CONTEST.....Guess the mess. BEFORE anyone starts spoutin out HAVOC......Justa remember real men don't wear PINK! LOL

Gto12045_zpsdd102908.jpg

Let the guessing begin!

For those brave/dumb enough to crash a celebration of AMERICAN Muscle with an Asian import. You had better come prepared to defend yourself!!! OR STAY HOME.

Gto12063_zps52fe338a.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.