Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Officially Gone Today

• Founders

Well as of 12AM of Today, Pontiac officially ceased to exist as a franchise. Goodbye my favorite brand, may you rest till you can be rightfully be put back together. You will be missed but not forgotten. 1926-2010.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Here's to this website, us and keeping the memory of Pontiac ALIVE!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

maybe someday gm will do the right thing and bring them back, its possible, just look at what happened with the camaro, it took a while but its back now

Bringing back a model is one thing, but an entire brand? As much as I'd love to see it, the final nail has been hammered. As far as GM's image goes, bringing back Pontiac from the dead would be a doubled edged sword. Good in the eyes of us enthusiasts, bad to everyday folk (look at GM's new motto, "Come see the New GM") with word of all about the "New GM", bringing back an axed brand that was costing them money would only confuse people, and think that GM is still pumping out bad cars. Most still sadly think the majority of American cars can't make it past 100K and have to be in the shop all the time. I've seen just as many imports have issues, but alas, the majority of the populace seem to be like sheep, believing what they want, and anything foreign companies will say (mainly Honda, Toyota, and Nissan) and I've seen first hand how their mindset is. I've gone to a Toyota dealership with my car, brought a friend of mine to see about a new V6 Camry Sport. First thing out of one of the salesman's mouth was "Yup, another one coming for the better car! How much has that Pontiac cost you so far?" I lol'd and replied "Only $600 in repairs in three years, not counting maintainence. 120,000 miles and going strong. My friend needs a car, not me," the sales dude looked at me like I was a liar. "No way," I lol'd again, "Uh, yes way. I actually take care and maintain my car, I don't like Toyota," The evil eye was then given to me by all inside.

Once again, I lol'd.

Also, I play this song in the company's memory.

Damn........................tear.

Ya know I wasn't going to add anything new to my 6 until I get my career started next year, kind of a reward to myself for staying focus. Just to show my respect I might do a few simple things, just as long as they don't break the bank.

I've been wanting a new box for my subs so I might do that. I've got some hyper white bulbs but I don't have them in my fog lights or high beams so that'll be another easy thing to do. And I might buy one of the forever Pontiac stickers. I said I'd never put a sticker on my car but it's for Pontiac and they deserve it.

HIDS FTMFW

ill give my Pontiac a big hug today.. and i think a sticker is in order..

as much as i do remain faithful to two other brands i must admit Pontiac has won a good portion of me over.. soon it will be time to purchase my fun car.. ( so the torrent can remain as my daily driver and drunk taxi, and the CUV that loves to eat little rice rockets) but i gotta say the G8 has made it to my list of possibles!

• Founders
' date='Jun 1 2010, 08:58 AM' post='27905']

First thing out of one of the salesman's mouth was "Yup, another one coming for the better car! How much has that Pontiac cost you so far?" I lol'd and replied "Only $600 in repairs in three years, not counting maintainence. 120,000 miles and going strong. My friend needs a car, not me," the sales dude looked at me like I was a liar. "No way," I lol'd again, "Uh, yes way. I actually take care and maintain my car, I don't like Toyota," The evil eye was then given to me by all inside.

Once again, I lol'd.

Reminds me of a couple years ago when I went to pick up my sister from a Toyota dealership when she was having her car done. I parked near the showroom a bit and one of those Toyota sales sharks came running out at me and said "Looking for a trade in?" I just laughed and said "Good one!" and continued laughing as I walked towards the service department.

I know this is still no consellation for the lose of our favorite brand, but a Pontiac dealer general manager told me that GM has said that Pontiac signs, the advertising of "new" Pontiacs, etc. do not have to stop until October 31st. I guess that is GM's official end to the 2010 model year. The fact there are virtually no new 2010 Pontiacs to sell makes some of this somewhat of a mute point. Still the signs will be around for a little while longer.

Washed two of the Grand Am's today (SE isn't here right now) and the LeMans, and just spent the whole day driving (More of that to come, the day isn't over yet!). Felt like a good thing to do on a day like this.

As far as I'm concerned, Pontiac isn't dead until they're all off the road and people like us are gone. Still though, RIP Pontiac.

Been driving the TA since Tuesday since the Avalanche is in the shop with a bad fuel pump and a corroded main fuel line. It's been a hoot to drive to work but I am going to dread cleaning it. Black car and 2 days of rain...not a good combination! :(