Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WTF? Why do import fanboys think this is cool?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this vip style bullshit, it is disgusting and epically lame.

this isn't really considered VIP. VIP is a different category, BUT, some of the VIP cars roll the "HELLAFLUSH" look. That is what this is called. I have the group added to my facebook.

Some VIP cars can be real nice though. :lol2:

Good

20090720_0928_edited-2.jpg

Better

_MG_7596.jpg

852584787_NxLH2-XL.jpg

This looks good. No stupid dumb JDM bomb shit tire stretch. But still flush. Back is a little to tucked, but you get the point.

this isn't really considered VIP. VIP is a different category, BUT, some of the VIP cars roll the "HELLAFLUSH" look. That is what this is called. I have the group added to my facebook.

Some VIP cars can be real nice though. :)

that's right. hellaflush was the work i was looking for

VIP style is stupid, if only for the extreme lowering and the negative camber. Unless you're racing, and I mean circuits, you shouldn't ever need negative camber. If your wheels are too big to fit without rubbing, you need to re-prioritize, not go negative camber.

Stretched tires is even more stupid. Not only is it a safety risk to the driver, it's a safety risk to the installer of the tires, both being liability concerns for the shop.

Lame fads are lame.

Currently... I am sorry to say... my T/A is rocking the rims too big for the tire look... sometimes previous owners sux. :)

I don't care what you say, what the owner of this subie has achieved is pure sex.

DSC_0233.jpg

Also:

IMG_3317.jpg

Not all V-dubz are stupid stretched.

4452756193_3026c721e7_o.jpg

Bah, it's still not right.

On both those cars, the bead of the tire is not set against the lip of the rim, leaving a gap. You don't want that gap, period.

It's cool you want wide rims, but just get a tire that fits entirely over the width.

I dont get it either, the point of wide rims is so you can have a wide tire for better handling. So why get a tiny tire and have less contact surface than stock even????

• Founders

I dont get it either, the point of wide rims is so you can have a wide tire for better handling. So why get a tiny tire and have less contact surface than stock even????

I know what you mean but in reality its just for looks, not for performance what so ever.

Camber and stretched tires no. But lowered wider rims and good figment yes.

There is a difference between negative camber to get figment and just good figment with a wide rim the right tire and coilovers.

IDK I have mixed feeling about this "look"....

the ones posted by Chaos are ghey as aids, while the ones posted by Erat are tits!

I say done right and no to exagerated you can pull the "look" off! just my .02.... would I do it?

HELLMUTHAFUCKINNO! :D

I remember when I was in school cars came with 14 or 15 inche rims. If you upgraded to 15 or had the cake for 16's (rare size back then) you were a god! lol boy how things have changed lol I remeber when I changed out my 14 inch rim spoke hubcap factory setup on my monty to 15 inch berlinetta camaro rim eveyone was blown away. lol

you guys make me feel old sometimes.

ewwww omg a berlinetta those are just ewwww lol

Remember, Joe is old. :D

Things were different back then. God only knows how's they react with my blacked out GA, with 17"s. :D

the 83 berlinetta interior was ew but had nice rims.

http://www.zorly.com/images_camaro/gen3_ga...0Berlinetta.jpg

I refinished the rims and changed the gold to black and yes I was styling with big ass sidwalls. thats another thing that has changed alot too.

Berlinettas are hard to find nowadays. But yep, the average car has sidewal profiles of 55-45 now. Although, I'm still very fond of white letter tires. :D

:D

whats so funny Water Boy?

' date='May 5 2010, 10:05 AM' post='23579']

Berlinettas are hard to find nowadays. But yep, the average car has sidewal profiles of 55-45 now. Although, I'm still very fond of white letter tires. :D

that was another thing that was big back in the day.

;) water boy....? :D

I preffer "offical muff diver of FP" thank you! :D

Oh and berlinettas... you should have threw some Irocs on that beeotch!

VIP style is stupid, if only for the extreme lowering and the negative camber. Unless you're racing, and I mean circuits, you shouldn't ever need negative camber. If your wheels are too big to fit without rubbing, you need to re-prioritize, not go negative camber.

Stretched tires is even more stupid. Not only is it a safety risk to the driver, it's a safety risk to the installer of the tires, both being liability concerns for the shop.

Lame fads are lame.

Hello, you!

VIP is a style, NOT built for performance, for show. You contradicted yourself in your own statement.

All these are VIP, if you look at them you will notice that they are NOT built for performance, rather luxury and show.

51120d1221762246-vip-style-cars-car.jpg

quartershotfinal-2.jpg

3918893642_26ca268da8_b.jpg

D1Rd3-228.jpg