Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WTF? Why do import fanboys think this is cool?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it was started by VW guys. They wanted wide rims, but tire shops didn't have tires that fit, so they used what they had, and apparently, thought it looked cool. Then again, define "cool" if you think that look is good.

BRB guys, I just bought a set of 18x10 rims, gonna put a 205/40 tire yo!

• Founders

My friend does this is his '90s lexus. Its not nearly this bad but he claims its the only way he can get the rims he wants, yadda yadda yadda. Its only stretched a little bit, hard to tell (unlike these) if your not looking for it but still not safe and only 1 shop will stretch it for him like that in the Tampa area. I think that's saying something <_<

My friend does this is his '90s lexus. Its not nearly this bad but he claims its the only way he can get the rims he wants, yadda yadda yadda. Its only stretched a little bit, hard to tell (unlike these) if your not looking for it but still not safe and only 1 shop will stretch it for him like that in the Tampa area. I think that's saying something <_<

Exactly.

Not to mention, if you get in a wreck...you think stretched tires will look good on your part? I don't fucking think so. Hello safety hazard, goodbye coverage.

VW owners are so blatently dumb. They started the whole rusted hood thing going too now all the retarded honda owners do it.

VWs are pretty worthless, prob the single worst car to mod. At least Hondas you can make fast, in the almost decade or so I've been going to the track I've never saw a single one go into the 13s or faster, not one. The only ones that did were not powered by a VW engine.

Import fads always seem to be chock full of fail.

Wonder what's gonna be popular next? Take a bat to their cars, fix the flaked paint then clearcoat it? Or maybe key thier cars and clearcoat that?

Honestly i like the fitment. I really do. When you can take a playing card and slide it in, and it stays. Thats when you know you have fitment. Tucked is cool to, but to a certain degree. Now i'm not saying that stretching the hell out of the rubber is cool, just buy a rim that fits and still has nice fitment.

In other words, buy a tire that fits a 10 wide rim, like somebody with common sense.

285/45 on a 18x10 = win, especially when there's molded flares to cover them.

215/45 on a 18x10 = fail, everytime.

Why the hell would you do that? Stuff that think into the corner and the tire slides off.

The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

wouldent the rim scrape on the ground in hard cornering? lol fail!

YO MAN Dats some JDM Shizz yo. Dat be tight up in my hoopdie nugga.

lol WTF is up with this crap. how stupid is this. F-ing retards

yeah. hellaflush is starting to become a trend. i personally don't like it too much and i am an import fanboy. one of my team members does but we keep tellin him, if you like it so much, just get some wider wheels instead of stretching the tires and bag the car! I hate the off camber look soooooo bad. its just not practical and if they want to wear the inside of their tires out and go through them like they go through their underwear, they can feel free to.

VW owners even started the stupid retarted looking rusty hood and trunk trend. I HATE THAT STUPID TREND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, never bring up to import fans that this is a hazardous idea...

I'm apart of a local crew, Team631 (you've seen my decals) and it's dominantly import. One of the head guys countered my concerns with this "trend":

" If your not into modifying cars, then you don't stretch tires. If you simply want to go from point A - B, this website isn't the place you want to be. Not everyone wants to build pure race cars, some people like to have style. Running aggressive rims is a huge trend right now, and it looks SICK. Yes, a downside to running an aggressive rim is having a stretched tire, but hey, theres always something you have to give up to get that unique look that everyone else is too scared to pull of. If everyone followed the rules and put skinny rims and never stretched a tire, what would "Car customizing" be, it would be boring, no one has anything unique, nothing worth going to a car show to see because its all the same. The reason the car scene exists is because people like to push the limits and do things that others don't do.Welcome to the world of aggressive rims, rubbing tires, and turning heads."

WTF? I could only shake my head at this. Pushing the limits? Uh...no. More like you don't understand the concept of wide rims. Asshats, you BUY A WIDE TIRE TO FIT YOUR WIDE RIM! OMG!

• Founders

WOW, the main issue I have with that statement is if they want to be individuals why do ALL of them seem to be doing it? Let alone, having a good looking and working car > modding it like a retard.

:cheers:

lol at the quote cuz theres a ton of BS'ing there!!! push the limits of your a dumb ass and so full of sh@t! IMO

OMG too funny but ill give him he types a good game. :cheers: but he is still wrong! :blink:

Pretty much.

I'm waiting to be made of for having a properly fitted tire now. I did my homework when getting new tires for the ROH's, 225's would have been a tad too small, I really wanted a 245, but 245/45 R17 are less common, and more pricey. 235's would have still sit perfectly and my Generals were $95 less than 245's. $456 total for my set, and that's a steal.

Moral of the story: buy the proper width tire for your wheels kids.

they want to be individuals

Just like everyone else.

Just like everyone else.

Yup.

They say it makes them stand out. How is that now when everybody rocks this look? Sorry, I'll take my 17x8's with a 235/45 tire plz.

I don't understand why I had to be labeled a "hater" when I pointed out the all too obvious reasons why NOT to rock a tire with too small of a width for it's rim.

Hey guys, I'm gonna run without a timing cover on my motor. It's an agressive look and making my car stand out yo.

I bought a wheel well lip roller so I could put a wider rim on a couple of my cars without rubbing but damn it the tires will fit on the car. Most of the tire shops here in town refuse to do this since the lawsuits for improper tire fitment could be huge.

That's another good point, these guys are going out of state to special shops that mount tires like that.

There's a reason WHY shops wouldn't touch a stretched tire setup with an 80ft pole...

i agree with everyone else. that comment that was stated is RETARTED! I know some people like that look but it is DEFINITELY NOT DIFFERENT ANYMORE! I would never in the right mind do that only because I have a family and I want a GOOD modded car that ANY shop wouldn't mind touching in case something goes wrong. I don't want to have to drive out of state to fix something that was a mistake in the first place.

THAT COMMENT IS TOO FUNNY! Joe is right, he can type a good game but that doesn't prove anything. For instance, if you want to be different, do something that doesn't look retarted and is still safe. im too sure that I would NEVER ride in a car with stretched tires in case something fucked up happens. Im not too confident that those tires hold up for so long and will cause a big accident that could've been prevented. oh well. if they want to risk it, thats up to them.

• Founders

Hands down if someone ever hits me because of their fuckin tires are setup like this they're getting a tire iron to the head!