Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Street Racing? How bad can it be? (Discussion)

Since it was brought up with a new G8 member, then got a bit antsy with two other members.

I for one, don't approve of the big gatherings at midnight, were they'll find a huge industrial park to race on. Big groups of people like that is just asking for trouble, as far as if something goes wrong.

BUT, I'm not 100% innocent here either. I occasionaly will find somebody to go stoplight to stoplight with usually, or just some tool in a slow car that thinks I'll eat his dust (V6 Mustangs, lul) I'll be the first to let off, and then I'll get the usual ricer flyby with his hazards flashing. B)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'm no where near innocent I will race and have many times. Only if someone is talking shit then I will line up to see. Other than than it's not racing just fast driving. Ocasionally light to light but I'm smart an main road are not where it all goes down.Either lots of open space on highway or a back road thats completely dead. Not saying it's right but you just gotta be smart

I'm no where near innocent I will race and have many times. Only if someone is talking shit then I will line up to see. Other than than it's not racing just fast driving. Ocasionally light to light but I'm smart an main road are not where it all goes down.Either lots of open space on highway or a back road thats completely dead. Not saying it's right but you just gotta be smart

great chris trying to get me in trouble not going to happen chris

I've got a spot on a split highway, speed limit 65, I typically run there when there's no one around. I either run from 25-40 to 75-100. I try not to race if there's traffic, but some people (Hemis and Mustangs come to mind) just don't give up and NEVER in city limits.

I go here alot but no streetracing.

http://www.vimeo.com/9361292

Normally its in the freekin ghetto. If you look at french road racing there is 1 house on that street and its a crack house. The cops drive by just to make sure 2 are going at a time and no one is fighting.

So its completely fine here in Detroit.

to continue from the other thread

" (illegal street racing)wow not that bad? so its ok if i come plow my car into your grandmother driving home from church and kill her?

jesus man do you watch the news like EVER? i dont give a shit if you kill yourselves, i really dont. but they are called PUBLIC roads. that means EVERYONE is on them. recently, a car full of girls were racing some @$$hole in an eclipse. none of the racers were killed, but the driver of the eclipse managed to nail a 73 year old woman and kill her while she was on her way home from church. that was someone's grandmother. could have been yours, could have been mine. THINK ABOUT THAT... DO YOU LOVE YOUR GRANDMA??

maybe you need to watch someone you care about decapitated before you care. then maybe your thick head will absorb reality. theres no reset button in real life

sorry for jumping on ya, but where i live there are a lot of stupid kids who think they can drive and go fast on public roads. i personally have almost been killed by a few of them. if i could have, i would have chased them down and shot them in the face, no one gets to risk my life but me."

00grandam15-

you callin me punk kid ??? and i cant drive ? if you learn to watch cars around you its not a problem learn basic driving skills and than come tell me how bad it is i dont need you tellin me all this shit no duh it causes wrecks but you need to back off of me

i didnt say punk once, i said stupid kids. what about "there are stupid kids around where i live" made you think i was talking about YOU? and i NEVER said anything about you being able to drive or not.

"if you learn to watch cars around you its not a problem"? right because no one else on the road ever makes mistakes either... so they would never accidently cut you off in the middle of your street race and make you swerve and take out a family of four...

learn basic driving skills and come tell you? im 23 and been driving since 15, owned or driven at least 10 different cars, and race autocross with my brother who is a LICENCED RACE INSTRUCTOR. i think i got driving skills just fine, but that STILL doesnt qualify me to race on the street...

no, its doesnt just "cause wrecks" it gets people killed. YOU CAN NOT DETERMINE WHAT EVERY OTHER DRIVER ON THE ROAD IS DOING OR GOING TO DO. you simply driving fast around them could cause them to freak out and do something stupid, possibly causing you, the guy you're racing, or someone else to wreck and possibly get injured or DIE.

it doesnt matter HOW good a driver YOU are. you could be mario f*cking andretti but it only takes one mistake, not just from you but from the OTHER person on the road, to cause a huge accident.

people have accidents every day that DONT involve street racing. so what do you think cars going twice the speed limit does? it DOUBLES the chance of an accident, if not a more exponential increase. i dont care WHAT you say, its SIMPLY MATH!

go find a dark deserted highway if you're gonna do it. and for the love of god dont brag about it you just look stupid <- that isnt directed at anyone, its directed at everyone.

i had to help one of my very best friends bury his two year old daughter who was killed in a car wreck. the mother of the child was driving slowly minding her own business. the car that T boned her pushed the door in so far it broke her skull open. she was still alive but died at the scene.

if other car had been doing the speed limit, it possibly could have been avoided.

YOU GO BURY A TWO YEAR OLD GIRL THAT YOU HAD PLAYED WITH TWO DAYS PRIOR AND YOU COME TELL ME HOW "not so bad" IT IS.

alright im really done arguing now because there is simply nothing else to discuss. my arguement is 100% infallible. if you try to argue with me any further, then you are saying to everyone here that you think its OK to kill anyone's grandmother and/or 2 year old little girl. simple as that

you arent god, or jesus, or allah, or whatever omniscient being you worship , you dont know what will happen even as much as you might "watch the cars around you" but if you keep it on the track you know you are at least in a controlled environment WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU ARE THERE VOLUNTARILY!!!!

im not going to go through all this. you guys better keep it clean and civil.

to continue from the other thread

" (illegal street racing)wow not that bad? so its ok if i come plow my car into your grandmother driving home from church and kill her?

jesus man do you watch the news like EVER? i dont give a shit if you kill yourselves, i really dont. but they are called PUBLIC roads. that means EVERYONE is on them. recently, a car full of girls were racing some @$$hole in an eclipse. none of the racers were killed, but the driver of the eclipse managed to nail a 73 year old woman and kill her while she was on her way home from church. that was someone's grandmother. could have been yours, could have been mine. THINK ABOUT THAT... DO YOU LOVE YOUR GRANDMA??

maybe you need to watch someone you care about decapitated before you care. then maybe your thick head will absorb reality. theres no reset button in real life

sorry for jumping on ya, but where i live there are a lot of stupid kids who think they can drive and go fast on public roads. i personally have almost been killed by a few of them. if i could have, i would have chased them down and shot them in the face, no one gets to risk my life but me."

00grandam15-

you callin me punk kid ??? and i cant drive ? if you learn to watch cars around you its not a problem learn basic driving skills and than come tell me how bad it is i dont need you tellin me all this shit no duh it causes wrecks but you need to back off of me

i didnt say punk once, i said stupid kids. what about "there are stupid kids around where i live" made you think i was talking about YOU? and i NEVER said anything about you being able to drive or not.

"if you learn to watch cars around you its not a problem"? right because no one else on the road ever makes mistakes either... so they would never accidently cut you off in the middle of your street race and make you swerve and take out a family of four...

learn basic driving skills and come tell you? im 23 and been driving since 15, owned or driven at least 10 different cars, and race autocross with my brother who is a LICENCED RACE INSTRUCTOR. i think i got driving skills just fine, but that STILL doesnt qualify me to race on the street...

no, its doesnt just "cause wrecks" it gets people killed. YOU CAN NOT DETERMINE WHAT EVERY OTHER DRIVER ON THE ROAD IS DOING OR GOING TO DO. you simply driving fast around them could cause them to freak out and do something stupid, possibly causing you, the guy you're racing, or someone else to wreck and possibly get injured or DIE.

it doesnt matter HOW good a driver YOU are. you could be mario f*cking andretti but it only takes one mistake, not just from you but from the OTHER person on the road, to cause a huge accident.

people have accidents every day that DONT involve street racing. so what do you think cars going twice the speed limit does? it DOUBLES the chance of an accident, if not a more exponential increase. i dont care WHAT you say, its SIMPLY MATH!

go find a dark deserted highway if you're gonna do it. and for the love of god dont brag about it you just look stupid <- that isnt directed at anyone, its directed at everyone.

i had to help one of my very best friends bury his two year old daughter who was killed in a car wreck. the mother of the child was driving slowly minding her own business. the car that T boned her pushed the door in so far it broke her skull open. she was still alive but died at the scene.

if other car had been doing the speed limit, it possibly could have been avoided.

YOU GO BURY A TWO YEAR OLD GIRL THAT YOU HAD PLAYED WITH TWO DAYS PRIOR AND YOU COME TELL ME HOW "not so bad" IT IS.

alright im really done arguing now because there is simply nothing else to discuss. my arguement is 100% infallible. if you try to argue with me any further, then you are saying to everyone here that you think its OK to kill anyone's grandmother and/or 2 year old little girl. simple as that

you arent god, or jesus, or allah, or whatever omniscient being you worship , you dont know what will happen even as much as you might "watch the cars around you" but if you keep it on the track you know you are at least in a controlled environment WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU ARE THERE VOLUNTARILY!!!!

this right here chris is the exact resaon i didnt post who cares how long you have been driving i have drove 9 sec drag cars and i raced oval cars i no how to drive at hi speeds i have been racing before i had my permit so i highly doubt i cant handle a little 3.4 doing 85 mph get off my ass . and you no what maybe you should not be taken a 2 year old out were a bunch of kids race thing before you act i have a 5 and a month old baby i dont take her any where near that drag strip i em done with some guy i dont even no his name not worth my time

After everything going on around here I dont have the energy for this so Im going to trust in all of you that this is going well. Just like you guys did in the foreign vs american one. :welcome:

thanks guys

So footnotes of my last post. I think it's ok on streets with no houses or kids. Or basically in the ghetto.

i admit as well. i have raced and even with my daughter and wife in the car. but at the max, i will only hit 70mph and i will pull back to 45mph. their is no reason to endanger my family like that.

before, i did do the gatherings. now i grew up by a couple of years and no longer race with gatherings. i will not permit my team members in my club to attend those gatherings either. we are more mature than that and that is what i try to explain to even new members that join my team.

now i do agree that street racing is horrible bcuz just a couple of weeks ago, a regular pedestrian lost their life to a honda civic front bumper for going over 100mph on a regular street. not good. if you do happen to catch someone on the street and he wants to race, please be smart about your actions and dont let your testosterone take over your control.

Now that I have 3 kids, i have calmed down a lot. but if a dumb car comes up beside me on the highway revin that i know i can beat, of course ill jump on it but i have my limits and i think if you are going to play dangerous, get off of the road or slow down and know your damn limits.

I've been calming down with it myself, and I don't even have a family of my own yet. Mainly just, I don't feel like beating on my GA anymore.

But some people just need to learn the hard way unfortunately. When they wreck, or cause a wreck, and it'll change their life and those affected forever.

some dont even learn. i have a story to tell but have to run and check my velveeta shells and ricearoni. lol. be right back and ill explain the story

:nom_noms: :welcomeFP:

this right here chris is the exact resaon i didnt post who cares how long you have been driving i have drove 9 sec drag cars and i raced oval cars i no how to drive at hi speeds i have been racing before i had my permit so i highly doubt i cant handle a little 3.4 doing 85 mph get off my ass . and you no what maybe you should not be taken a 2 year old out were a bunch of kids race thing before you act i have a 5 and a month old baby i dont take her any where near that drag strip i em done with some guy i dont even no his name not worth my time

i no how to drive at hi speeds but i don no how to spell.

im sorry but its hard to have an intellectual debate with someone who doesnt bother with punctuation or correct spellings of homonyms.

i dont care if you can handle an aircraft carrier doing 85 mph, it doesnt give you the right to endanger innocent people who never asked to be put on your personal race course we like to call PUBLIC ROADS

i never said it was me that took out the two year old, and i never even said that the person who hit them was street racing. the area was NOT where a bunch of kids street race, it was a densely populated urban area. it was not determined whether the person was racing or just plain speeding. either way it was a tragic death that could have been avoided. the little old 73 year old grandmother that was killed? yeah that was also NOT in a "street racing" area. thats because there is no such thing as a STREET RACING AREA

just because you are near a drag strip doesnt mean thats where kids street race

KIDS STREET RACE ON PUBLIC ROADS. ITS THE DEFINITION OF STREET RACING. THEY DO IT WHERE MY GRANDMOTHER DRIVES AND WHERE YOU DRIVE AND ONE DAY YOUR KID WILL DRIVE

i only hope that the people that drive around your five year old have more common sense than you. im sorry if thats "getting too personal" guys but if you say that street racing is ok just because you "no how to drive reel guud" then you ASKED FOR IT

i no how to drive at hi speeds but i don no how to spell.

im sorry but its hard to have an intellectual debate with someone who doesnt bother with punctuation or correct spellings of homonyms.

i dont care if you can handle an aircraft carrier doing 85 mph, it doesnt give you the right to endanger innocent people who never asked to be put on your personal race course we like to call PUBLIC ROADS

i never said it was me that took out the two year old, and i never even said that the person who hit them was street racing. the area was NOT where a bunch of kids street race, it was a densely populated urban area. it was not determined whether the person was racing or just plain speeding. either way it was a tragic death that could have been avoided. the little old 73 year old grandmother that was killed? yeah that was also NOT in a "street racing" area. thats because there is no such thing as a STREET RACING AREA

just because you are near a drag strip doesnt mean thats where kids street race

KIDS STREET RACE ON PUBLIC ROADS. ITS THE DEFINITION OF STREET RACING. THEY DO IT WHERE MY GRANDMOTHER DRIVES AND WHERE YOU DRIVE AND ONE DAY YOUR KID WILL DRIVE

i only hope that the people that drive around your five year old have more common sense than you. im sorry if thats "getting too personal" guys but if you say that street racing is ok just because you "no how to drive reel guud" then you ASKED FOR IT

five months old , and don't talk shit on how i write ""no how to drive reel guud" it's know how to drive real good , and well shit happens to blame crashes on kids racing is dumb, learn how to step up like a man and realize you weren't there so you have no idea how it went down . and you better learn to keep anything about my kid out of your mouth unless you want to start some really effing problems