Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Strike dude i LOVE your Progression u have done sooooo much keep it u and wat r u doing next?

Installing LS6 injectors and finishing the WOT tune.

Put on Speedline Mistrals after they're powdercoated, finally.

Install WS6 hood and fab up custom air box.

Wow! Congrats on the article. Way to make V6 performance taken seriously. I approve.

As for the next mods, I can't wait to see the outcome on that.

Still tinkering with those Speedlines?

' date='Dec 8 2010, 08:00 AM' post='43390']

Wow! Congrats on the article. Way to make V6 performance taken seriously. I approve.

As for the next mods, I can't wait to see the outcome on that.

Still tinkering with those Speedlines?

Yeah, the shop I'd sent them to had problems with their oven, I'm gonna check with my dad and see where they're at now.

Nothing much going on, hopefully installing the LS6 injectors tonight or tomorrow. Updating HPT with the latest beta.

Gave the bird a bath, just basic handwash detail, nothing too fancy since the paint is pretty rough (peeling clearcoat) and I don't have a porter cable.

100_1232.jpg

100_1237.jpg

100_1240.jpg

100_1243.jpg

Installed LS6 injectors to deal with the current stockers just getting too close to maximum duty.

Getting started!

9054336629.jpg?1292593008

LS6 connector from Casper's Electronics:

9054336630.jpg?1292593028

Spliced into the harness:

9054336628.jpg?1292592946

Injector Spacers:

9054336633.jpg?1292593089

Back to tuning!

' date='Dec 20 2010, 12:14 PM' post='44253']

The F-body still cleans up good.

Very curious on the injector upgrade's results...

Well I'm still in the process of getting it tuned, but I yielded 19mpg even with it runing rich as it has lol!

Well I'm still in the process of getting it tuned, but I yielded 19mpg even with it runing rich as it has lol!

That's not too bad, considering what's been done to the L36.

Shit, my GA could use a tune. Just to liven the bugger up, and to rid that annoying P0420 code that occasionally likes to pop up.

• 2 months later...

Long time, no post...

Need to get some lugnuts, center caps and valve stems. Probably going to run spacers to get them more flush with the body lines of the car (have ARP studs available, not looking forward to pulling rear axles)...Oh yeah and tires too!

Probably going to put the speedline spoke logo back on but in black this time. Unless I find some speedline center caps that fit, but these are going to require a 70mm back center cap. I can drop a 20oz can through the hub opening and not touch.

100_1339.jpg

100_1336.jpg

100_1340.jpg

Before:

100_0949.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Kumho Ecsta ASX 275/40/17

Gonna wait to put them on until later, got a crapton of other stuff I need to do first lol!

100_1344.jpg

' date='Apr 8 2011, 11:47 AM' post='52249']

Let me know how you like those ASX tires...I was thinking of getting those myself.

Only thing I know right now is they're freaking HUGE! I thought my 245's were big and meaty until I walked up to the rack after ordering these tires and realized just how wide the 275's are lol!

Refinished a set manual trans pedal assembly as they were a bit rusty, so I bead blasted them at my dad's shop and repainted them in satin black. Will reassemble with a bit of assembly lube to make sure I have quiet pedal operation. Still need to find some pedal covers, but will probably just deal with the unfinished metal for starters.

Before:

100_1342.jpg

After:

100_1375.jpg

100_1376.jpg