Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 2 weeks later...

Wired in new turn signal/drl sockets. Old ones were a bit on the crispy side. Found one of my 60LED switchbacks weren't working right so I have a new set on the way...

Ordered some 3" inlet, 3.5" dual outlet corsa clones, so I'm waiting on that and my holden intake :)

Tax return is coming in soon, so I will be ordering my flywheel/clutch setup within the next week or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up shipment of my CClones (3" inlet 3.5" dual outlet) and my Holden intake manifold. Sumbuck is NASTY!

I've got plans for this one that'll come along after the manual trans swap is done.

CClones.jpg

HoldenUIM.jpg

Got these off ssclones (just google that). 3" inlet 3.5" dual outlet.

Really like the way it finishes off the catback. The guys at the exhaust shop were pretty impressed with the tips along with the low cost. They tuck up there pretty well. Not a quantifiable difference in sound, so I'm not gonna say if it helps in that area or not.

Nice and easy to clean too :)

Clones.jpg

clonesclose.jpg

clonestop.jpg

they look great!!! I have always loved the Pontiac's models that have / used the quad tips.

• 1 month later...

Flywheel and clutch are here along with some spacers for the throwout slave.

Waiting on pressure plate and flywheel bolts to get in to my local GM dealer (Scoggin Dickey Parts Center). Should start pulling this car apart pretty soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Pulling the axles to install ARP studs and gonna install the ta performance rear end cover while I'm at it.

Also, rear end fluid should not be allowed to stew overnight in the garage in your oil catch pan. It wasn't so bad when I popped it open but once left to the air it got worse. Good thing it didn't look like chocolate milk though. I'm just doing a series of things to the car while also doing the manual trans swap.

rear.jpg

More stuff today...

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...

100_1711.jpg

Powerbond SFI balancer. It's been waiting a while to go in, this was the best opportunity to do it during the swap!

powerbondtop.jpg

Hubs are all off. Gonna take it all to my dad's shop on Saturday morning, get the ARP studs pressed in. Put it all back on and then full steam ahead on the trans swap!

100_1727.jpg

100_1726.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Pulled all of the carpet out of the car...Made $3.15 out of it in loose change. Previous owner had to have left their change in the little cubby hole in the console and not in the change holder where it should be. I guess that solves the odd rattles I had at times. Pulled the brake pedal assembly as well.

Ground on the block a little, but not enough as it was getting late. I have to shorten the driver side dowel on the block to clear the mal-wood adapter. Was about 1mm shy. Gonna go to harbor freight and buy a sawzal and go to town on the trans tunnel Monday night!

Debating on sending my steering rack in to turn one, mine is leaking and helping coat the bottom of my engine block and chassis in a nice, glossy film of CRAP!