Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Feb 11 2010, 11:42 PM' post='11096']

I love that wine red color.

What is funny is it is a pretty uncommon color, but with Lubbock TX having such a high per capita f-body population, I see a MRM colored Firebird or Camaro at least once a week lol!

What is funny is it is a pretty uncommon color, but with Lubbock TX having such a high per capita f-body population, I see a MRM colored Firebird or Camaro at least once a week lol!

I've YET to see an F-body with that color by me. Usually they're red, black, dark green, and white. :badGT:

That wine red would look awesome as a two one on my car. Black on top, wine red on the bottom. HRMMM...

' date='Feb 11 2010, 09:46 PM' post='11101']

I've YET to see an F-body with that color by me. Usually they're red, black, dark green, and white. :D

That wine red would look awesome as a two one on my car. Black on top, wine red on the bottom. HRMMM...

Here is a G6 with the Red on top and black on the bottom. :D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3088406/7

Update:

Head gaskets still not in at SDPC, delayed from snowfall up east.

Picked up some QA1 12 ways front and rear, WS6 rear springs and Intrax fronts.

Getting a slightly damaged WS6 hood, gonna install Aerocatch hood pins as the latch area is what is broken.

Bought these from a guy that is getting out of the road race stuff, some of his last things were a set of wheels. Speedline 17 x 9.5's used on his 4th gen f-body:

14558167-941.jpg

They need a full refresh on the finish, but at 20 lbs and rugged 17" wheels, I can't argue with that at all. They'll probably get powdercoated in gunmetal and have a new speedline logos placed on it.

' date='Feb 15 2010, 11:36 AM' post='11742']

I seriously love those wheels.

What is funny is I didn't realize those were OEM ZR1 rear wheels in the back. Not just cheapies, those were the real deal. There's a set on a C4 ZR1 at my dad's shop, and they are freaking WIDE! Only thing more valuable from a C4 would be the world challenge magnesiums.

What is funny is I didn't realize those were OEM ZR1 rear wheels in the back. Not just cheapies, those were the real deal. There's a set on a C4 ZR1 at my dad's shop, and they are freaking WIDE! Only thing more valuable from a C4 would be the world challenge magnesiums.

Must be nice being able to have a space for a wide footprint like that. :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay finally grew a sack and pulled the intake off. Nothing like working on a 30 mile old engine :(

Having to removed the top end as the Cometic MLS gaskets weren't sealing. I've got another way to treat them that involves pulling the layers apart, cleaning them and then spraying each side with copper gasket spray. Hopefully I'll be in the middle of tuning the car next week.

Took the heads off this afternoon just before I had to run to work, but here's the most up to date pics.

100_0950.jpg

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0959.jpg

' date='Feb 26 2010, 01:31 AM' post='13509']

Sucks about the gasket issue. Did the problem get resolved?

Not sure since I only pulled the heads yesterday. I work nights so it screws with my wrenching time.

I'll be working on it some Saturday night though since I'm off then. Hopefully I can get it thundering along sometime soon.

nice are u doing pistons next?

Nope, Not spending $800 on pistons. Don't have any plans on pushing this engine further than where it is now.

Just replacing the head gaskets.

so r u getting it dynoed?

Yes, that is the plan. I got before numbers, now I plan to get after. The big 3800 stall is going to kill it though lol! Big torque low HP :D

' date='Mar 5 2010, 11:26 AM' post='14728']

I see that bad boy making between 255-275HP to the rear wheels.

If I can get that much in torque, I'll be a happy camper. :rofl:

Good work. but personally i would have just waited until i got an LSx, but that's me.

keep up the good work, hope to see more in the future