Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK NEW RANT!!!!

So... Alysa (,my wife) 's cousin told us that she has a TV that we could have. it is a 27" to replace the 20" that is in the fireplace room (my 37" is in the family room) so i go there to pick it up and the development is littered with speedbumps. They suck. they are not just speed bumps they are speed TABLES. so i know to go slow over them because i tend to scrape. it is not like the bumps that you can come at it sideways ANYWAYS.

Her street has these NEW speedbumps in the beginning that are HUGEHUGEHUGE! and i noticed the first one because it is Yellow. so i try it super slow and hear a SCRAPE so i stop. Go around to the other side and come down the street from the other angle and i am going slow because there are lots of kids that live there and what happens

*** WHAM FORD SCRAPE BOOM GRIND*****

well there is another speed bump that is NOT painted and i get the front passanger wheel over it and just dead lock on the sub frame. so i back off of it and just park in the middle of the street

This was so loud that her cousin came out of the house.

so i was so pissed that i just left the FORDing car in the middle of the road while i go in the house.

Bottom line... FORD speedbumps.

OK NEW RANT!!!!

So... Alysa (,my wife) 's cousin told us that she has a TV that we could have. it is a 27" to replace the 20" that is in the fireplace room (my 37" is in the family room) so i go there to pick it up and the development is littered with speedbumps. They suck. they are not just speed bumps they are speed TABLES. so i know to go slow over them because i tend to scrape. it is not like the bumps that you can come at it sideways ANYWAYS.

Her street has these NEW speedbumps in the beginning that are HUGEHUGEHUGE! and i noticed the first one because it is Yellow. so i try it super slow and hear a SCRAPE so i stop. Go around to the other side and come down the street from the other angle and i am going slow because there are lots of kids that live there and what happens

*** WHAM FORD SCRAPE BOOM GRIND*****

well there is another speed bump that is NOT painted and i get the front passanger wheel over it and just dead lock on the sub frame. so i back off of it and just park in the middle of the street

This was so loud that her cousin came out of the house.

so i was so pissed that i just left the FORDing car in the middle of the road while i go in the house.

Bottom line... FORD speedbumps.

:cheers::woot: That's how it is where the wife lives in Cali, was really bad when I bought the Acura TL on leave, that car sits lower than the G6 stock and we had trouble getting it in and out ;)

• Founders

I feel you guys with the speed bumps, USF had fucking buildings as speed bumps. Me being stock, would come so close to rubbing, my friend would have to park so far away because his lowered Maxima couldn't even come close to making it. It was crazy! Then our other friend was so low in his Lexus that he couldn't even make it in a parking garage going straight up the ramp lol.

I feel you guys with the speed bumps, USF had FORDing buildings as speed bumps. Me being stock, would come so close to rubbing, my friend would have to park so far away because his lowered Maxima couldn't even come close to making it. It was crazy! Then our other friend was so low in his Lexus that he couldn't even make it in a parking garage going straight up the ramp lol.

Yeah, that's how it was at UNF and UF, hated visiting friends because of parking issues and just driving on campus :agreed:

I would be driving on some grass...

It was all muddy and there were like pylons made of concrete so that i could not drive on the grass. oh and trees like big ones. that i could not drive over.

but i like your style!

My friend has a lowered 240 and when we were in highschool he could not get into the student parking lot because of the speed bumps. So he parked in the staff lot right in front of the front doors haha. I'm at stock height and i rub the front skirt.

i dropped with the Eibach Pro kit. prob 1.75 inches all around then i went from a 225/50 R17 to a 225/45

well that may not look lke a big difference but all said it is like 2" lower than factory.

ONE LOW 6

Bloody fucking hell! As much as I love to post on FullThrottleV6, every now and then someone will make an asshat post:

who the hell modifies a grand am? at least a v6 f-body looks like something, a grand am like that makes me think someone's parents bought them a car and they fucked it up with a bunch of aftermarket garbage...

This is from a V6 Camaro owner, which in turn, those cars are dogged on as much as mine.

Fucking fuck!

dont even talk to me about my 2g eclipse. that thing was such a pain to take over any speed bump. i wish the vibe was lower but kind of glad its still a lil high even after lowering 2". but then again, with the 18's with tire, the wheels are just about a half inch taller than the stock 16's with full size tires.

so tupper, did you get any bumper damage at all?

Uh... well i dont know if there is any more damage than just normal wear. i have a sweet scrape under my front bumper where all the paint has scraped off. looks like my car has a Soul Patch... ahaha

I am pretty much the most pissed of person on here right now!

you know when a random person texts you and you know its a friend of someone you know? well thats happening right now and i am getting verrryyy pissed! tell me who the FORD you are and i will be happy. dont text me if you wont tell me who u are!

I know that Im new to this site, but why is it that people get soo upset when someone has an opinion about their ride? No offense to the mods or admins, but when someone posts pics of their rides, they have to be willing to accept that people are going to have their view about it. So I really dont understand why the adminstration steps in the way they do.

I understand that the administration want to keep everything on topic, thats understandable. But why post pics of your ride if you cant take the heat? you know?

Thats my rant. Thank you. :woot:

(its just a rant so you dont have to reply)

• Founders

I know that Im new to this site, but why is it that people get soo upset when someone has an opinion about their ride? No offense to the mods or admins, but when someone posts pics of their rides, they have to be willing to accept that people are going to have their view about it. So I really dont understand why the adminstration steps in the way they do.

I understand that the administration want to keep everything on topic, thats understandable. But why post pics of your ride if you cant take the heat? you know?

Thats my rant. Thank you. :P

(its just a rant so you dont have to reply)

I have no problem with you telling another member what you don't like about their car. I have done it numerous times but I DO NOT go "IT SUCKS!!!" then leave, I say "I don't like blah because it doesn't contour the car theme very well." or whatever it may be. Just saying it sucks will not help the person, although it is an opinion, thus we don't allow nonconstructive criticism. Plus we would like to keep a friendly environment where people can post their cars and opinions. If you have something bad to say about a member either don't say it, add a way they can improve it and/or why you don't like it. Flat out dissing them and telling them it looks rice will not be allowed either because it is also nonconstructive.

I hope this clarifies things and please PM me if you have any more concerns on this :badGT: