Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Debbie Harris's 1969 Grand Prix

2022 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

A few shots of my 65 GP

Grand Prix 1965

First time posting pictures so I hope it works.

1965 GP factory 4-speed, 42,000 original miles,

Options:

WW tires

4-Speed

Radio - push button

Washer - windshield

Air cleaner - HD

Lamps - Back up

Wheel Discs - Custom - 8 Lugs

Glass - Soft Ray - Windshield Only

Mirror - Outside Rear View

Differential - Saf-T-Track

As you can see a very low optioned car but I bought it becase of the low miles and the 4-speed.

[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z318/skiinc/100_3248.jpg

100_3102.jpg

100_3097.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[img=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z318/skiinc/100_3248.jpg[/img][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z318/skiinc/100_3102.jpg[/img][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z318/skiinc/100_3097.jpg]

There that should work if you copy and paste it or just make your IMG into lowercase. But its a nice car for sure my dad has a black 66 GP but it has like every option on it.

Thanks everyone for the great replys. I think I fell in love with the 1965 full sized Pontiacs because our first new car when I was about 6 years old was a 1965 Star Chief. But I have always loved the 65 GP or Catalina 2+2.

• Founders

I love it! I just love it! I love how more and more classic cars are making it to the Forums! Gahh!! We need our own section B)

You do it's called POTM :rofl: I don't think 1 classic car that has joined here hasn't made POTM

The midwesterners should have a meet in Pontiac, IL. I feel like it will make my life come full circle since I was born in Pontiac, MI and all. Haha.

Your Grand Prix is stunning. That color is breathtaking. I took some photos of my Sunfire with a local GP that was for sale, it was a '76 or something (I don't know the years of my classics very well :()

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

That's either a 77 or 78. The GP shared it's chassis and some of the body with the Oldsmobile Cutlass of the same year. I can see the similar lines in the c-pillar and trunk.

Looks great, how does the Sunfire handle? I have never driven one.

She handles well enough; simple, straightforward, a good everyday driver. She handles a million times better on the Eibach Pro Kit springs and KYB AGX shocks/struts I have her on, though, let me tell you. Takes turns and curves like a dream!

The midwesterners should have a meet in Pontiac, IL. I feel like it will make my life come full circle since I was born in Pontiac, MI and all. Haha.

Your Grand Prix is stunning. That color is breathtaking. I took some photos of my Sunfire with a local GP that was for sale, it was a '76 or something (I don't know the years of my classics very well :()

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Nice pics. I agree that this is aPOTM worthy car. I have friends in my POCI chapter with them. I especially love the 2+2s dash!

I worked in Pontiac MI (at the old Pontiac complex) and I have been to Pontiac, IL. I know exactly where GP'65 took his picture. My favorite picture is in nearly Odell, which has an old 30s era Standard Oil gas station. I have a couple of pictures of the Lemans in front of it with the top down. Now that Pontiac, IL has both a Route 66 museum and the Pontiac museum. It is a must see destination stop for true mother road/Poncho fans.

I think thats a 1976 by the way the grills, hood and front bumper look. ;)