Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Getting there...

I guess this thread is due for an update. I picked up an L26 about a month ago with 25K on it

Then I painted it Pontiac Blue (the oil pan is painted blue as well, did that after I took this pic)

2011-12-02_15-22-13_819.jpg

I've ordered parts slowly but surely. So far I've got some 1.84 Yellow Terra rockers, I have some L32 heads in the mail, and I'll have a new fuel rail to show off the blower heading to me soon, then I'm hoping to snag some 105# spring with titanium retainers for cheap. I'm going to do some light work to the heads. Smooth out the intake, polish the chamber, and polish the exhaust side. I'll swap on the stock pulley back on with wrapped exhaust manifold/crossover/plog. If it hasn't been mentioned already the blower has a ported outlet. Of course It'll have a new tune on it. I'll set it up to rev a little higher to make it a little more fun. Down the road I'll add an MPS and underdrive pulleys to free up the revs some more.

The theme for the paint is Pontiac blue with a silver topend. I might throw in some black somewhere. I was thinking of rolling with the hood off for a couple of days during Christmas since I'm planning on doing it just before then :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yea, I got the motor dropped in over the New Years weekend and running beautifully. I'm in the process of tunimg it now, boy did I miss boost.

2011-12-31_18-12-46_419.jpg

The complete mod list is:

L26 bottom end

L32 heads

1.84 Yellow Terra rockers

ported GenIII blower

Plog/3" DP wrapped

180* thermo

• 1 month later...

New project for the car, the black wheels I used to have on. Since the car is paid off i get to have fun with my money for once so I got a new tire. Anyways the wheels are being stripped to be refinished black again. Red lugs and new center caps I'm stealing.

2012-03-03_16-32-10_102.jpg

2012-03-03_16-31-45_200.jpg

Also picked up some ZZP strut tower braces and I have a bad injector now so waiting on new injectors to come in to go on this super cool modified rail to show the blower off.

• 1 month later...

****ty cell phone pic but you get the idea, GPOs painted and mounted

2012-04-22_18-26-07_286.jpg

Threw on the old new wheels after getting new tires. I can't decide if I'm going to go silver or back to black. These went on unfinished since my old tires were pretty much slick and I wasn't going to wait till I hydroplaned before swapping these. Still going with the can centercaps and I need to figure out what spacer to get for the rear to get them the same offset as the front.

2012-04-25_18-49-43_581.jpg

Rear offset, I know I'm going to need something like a 1/2", its 7.5 wide +37

2012-04-25_19-04-10_136.jpg

Front offset, just where I want it, its 9" wide +40 with a 7/16" spacer which is ~11mm, puts the wheel at +29.

2012-04-25_19-05-04_281.jpg

Oh yea

2012-04-11_18-49-21_736.jpg

Don't look bad. Shot with full view of car?

:ditto:

also I love how you painted the block classic pontiac blue!!!!

No shots yet, those will come once I get spacers, lugs, and get extended bolts. I'm also going to order a new seat, red LED tails, and go a little lower when I rebuild the struts. Then I think I'll be done with the car for the most part.

Actually I bought light blue then found Pontiac blue, but grabbed light blue by accident and i didn't know till after i painted everything. It stayed that way lol.

Soooo I just bought one of these

GTSII-S20301-SR-L.jpg

Corbeau GTSII in black suede. Would've gone black/grey leather but that's way to much for me. Driver side only for now since the passenger seat is in great shape but the driver is destroyed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I never posted it here but my front passenger wheel decided to separate itself from the car, all the lugs stripped at the same time. Thankfully I was making a slow turn so nobody got hurt. The fender was pretty messed up so I got a new one and had a friend pretty of up for something different for now. Also had to replace the bearing and rotor on the car, otherwise the car is fine.

A few coats of clear and it'll be thrown on.

2012-07-17_20-26-54_458.jpg