Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Useless Post Thread

danmccormick87

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If he keeps buying cars mark will need to get a dealers license lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Founders

If he keeps buying cars mark will need to get a dealers license lol

I'm surprised he doesnt have the DMV on speed dial

HAHA You guys are funny.

I still have the G8. :P

For now................

• 2 weeks later...

quick question...can anyone clean the throttle body on a 2010 Lancer at home or can the dealership be the only one to do it? car went in on Friday for a recall and to also check the cause of an O2 CEL. the guy comes back and says the the throttle body is the cause and needs to be cleaned. i asked if thats something i can do at home and hes looking at me like im stupid and says "no, you need a machine. we have to do it." and im thinking "wait wha..?" shouldnt this be a simple clean up or are modern cars more delicate and to go to the dealership?

and he almost had a smirk before he said no. also, this is a 15k maintenance (SERIOUSLY?!!?). anyways, its done and had a reflash too and it runs smoothly.

quick question...can anyone clean the throttle body on a 2010 Lancer at home or can the dealership be the only one to do it? car went in on Friday for a recall and to also check the cause of an O2 CEL. the guy comes back and says the the throttle body is the cause and needs to be cleaned. i asked if thats something i can do at home and hes looking at me like im stupid and says "no, you need a machine. we have to do it." and im thinking "wait wha..?" shouldnt this be a simple clean up or are modern cars more delicate and to go to the dealership?

Doesn't make sense to me on 2 levels. I don't believe that is the issue and yes you can clean it yourself.

Yes you can remove it yourself and clean it with carb / throttle body cleaner. Just make sure to clean all the nooks and crannies behind the throttle blade thoroughly. I did it on my one Envoy's 5.3L throttle body this summer - it had 100k miles on it.

I think the guy was eyeing you up to see if you would fall for needing headlight fluid, muffler bearings, and a new kanewton valve. :nuts:

Apparently it's easy to enrage Mustang owners :lol:

attachicon.gifmustang.PNG

:rofl:

Yes you can remove it yourself and clean it with carb / throttle body cleaner. Just make sure to clean all the nooks and crannies behind the throttle blade thoroughly. I did it on my one Envoy's 5.3L throttle body this summer - it had 100k miles on it.

I think the guy was eyeing you up to see if you would fall for needing headlight fluid, muffler bearings, and a new kanewton valve. :nuts:

im not completely settled in so i dont have any tools here to have done it myself. but there was a computer reflash with it. also, every 15k miles? the G6 has 73k and no problems, the Explorer had 150k and never did it.

Just got my first speeding ticket :/ and of all times to get one... my mom was with me bahaha, but the fun doesnt stop there, the guy ended up writing my moms name on the ticket(she was riding shotgun), idk how he could mess that up that bad from looking at her id for 5 seconds.... so even when i get a speeding ticket.... i dont

• Like 1