Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1963 Grand Prix - Need new rear trailing arms

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I would try Jegs or Summit, but anyone should have em really.  NPD, Ames, OPGI, Ebay.   Tube is strongest of course, but you can get originals and box them.  

• Like 2

Thank you JUSTA6

I only found one company PMT but the set with the hardware and braces are close to $900 + tax + shipping...

Ames, OPGI and ebay do not have it.  I am going to look at NPD now.. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi performance tubular control arms or,trailing arms are a tad more expensive than stamped steel OEM/OER replacements. However, the resist deflection more because they are stronger units. 

Shop around. The GP is also on a Catalina/Bonneville chassis, I would be surprised if the control-arms or trailing arms for a 63 Chevy didn’t interchange. Chevy prices are often lower. 

The cost factor you are dealing with is that this is a full size car and not an A or F body car. Therefore demand for full size performance suspension parts is a lot lower.

• Like 2

No disrespect to QA1 gear, it is top notch, but it also pricey. I often find better pricing with UMI Performance products.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Jegs has em, you could contact their tech support.  Showing some as affordable as a couple hundred bucks.  Was going to suggest contacting QA1 directly, but contact Jegs or Summit my original choices.  

I checked Jegs and Summit they dont have it listed... I am going to try to connect with Jegs tech support.  QA1 only has 69+ pontiacs nothing for the earlier years...

• Like 1

UMI's 64-70 B-body also shows fitment for 59-70 full size Chevy's. Should be the same chassis. You can also call UMI Tech Support too in order to validate fitting your GP.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, indymanjoe said:

i have the umi on my a-body with the roto joints. real happy with them. 

Thanks Indymanjoe... but they do not make one for a 1963 Grand Prix

• Like 2

Build you own with Speedway parts.  There is a heim joint company that will build whatever you need, seen on 4 wheeler show on Motortrend. Can't seem to find them, but came across this....

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/the-toolbox/how-to-build-a-diy-3-link-suspension/29030

• Like 2