Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

'61 Bonneville progress update

Paul , I replaced my carter with the edelbrock 1906 … best move ever !!! Car drives and gets up wayyyy better ! I can even do one wheel skids now !!! :rofl:
watch out !!! Your stock air cleaner won’t fit !!! Check my 64 rebuild thread for what I did to it :dancingpontiac:

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I've got the Edelbrock 1913 currently with no plans on changing but I have run a number of the 1406's before the AVS2's came out. Justa great all around carb's for the street.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wrongway said:

I've got the Edelbrock 1913 currently with no plans on changing but I have run a number of the 1406's before the AVS2's came out. Justa great all around carb's for the street.

yeah mine ones a avs2.. i do like it, never had a edelbrock before and they are soooo hard to get down under locally, i had to go with e bay and that one came from speedway motors !

• Like 2

I've actually dealt with Speedway motors in the past a couple of times. On their website mostly, they seemed like an aright company. Personally, I've always liked an Edelbrock carb, I've owned a few Hollys and a couple others over the years but Edelbrock justa seemed to hold a "tune" better on the street. At least for me, again that's justa my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

I've actually dealt with Speedway motors in the past a couple of times. On their website mostly, they seemed like an aright company. Personally, I've always liked an Edelbrock carb, I've owned a few Hollys and a couple others over the years but Edelbrock justa seemed to hold a "tune" better on the street. At least for me, again that's justa my opinion.

I am with you on this one wrongway … I have had more than enough holleys .. they. Are a pita when you want to change jets , power valves that blow … needle valves that stick .. 

every time you want to work on them you have to dump fuel everywhere ! 
kinda like how you don’t with the edelbrock :cheers:

2 hours ago, Fitzy said:

As we all know I elected to rebuild my Carter. It runs fine. At about 60mph I give her a little gas and the car just surges forward. Since the rebuild, I can adjust the idle with the large single idle air screw and it now responds - it never used to. The fact that Edelbrock actually based their carb on the Carter was good enough for me to persevere with it.

I think you need to visit me again and take my 89,000 mile 389 for a drive with the edelbrock avs2 on it … you may want to go home and hit buy now on one ! . I was certainly impressed with the night and day. Difference  :dancingpontiac:

• Haha 2

Nice work on the Badge.  With your wife on the skirts..... a must have!  Simply makes the side profile.:bowdown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also experimented with skirts off...ah, the memories. No, wait a minute - we're talking Pontiac skirts? Oh, well I tried on & off and I like 'em on.

Whew. I messed up there but I think I got away with it and nobody noticed.

• Haha 1

Not me you fools - girls in skirts. You remember girls - those nice soft things we used to play with before the Pontiac entered the garage.

The rumour about me in a skirt is a viscious lie...besides, I haven't got the legs for one.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bonne61 said:

I've found some Australian made LED units that (by all reports) look very similar to OEM lights (ie: a more warm light, rather than the typical LED cool blue), but provide excellent lighting (at a price though - about $450/pair).

JustA watch out that they are legal where you are Paul, i put leds in my 59 and next wof i got told to take them out, the car did not come factory with them, they are illegal !! crazy aye... you would think a upgrade like that is a saftey issue !!... but thats  nzta for you :rofl:

i found myself a set of cibie seamy sealed beams and they are way better than the old ones but no where near as good as led !!!

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

JustA watch out that they are legal where you are Paul, i put leds in my 59 and next wof i got told to take them out, the car did not come factory with them, they are illegal !! crazy aye... you would think a upgrade like that is a saftey issue !!... but thats  nzta for you :rofl:

i found myself a set of cibie seamy sealed beams and they are way better than the old ones but no where near as good as led !!!

Thanks for that - I've done a bit of digging on that, & these ones are ADR Compliant.

Also, here in Paradise (Queensland, Australia), we don't do yearly Safety Inspections like any other places. They are only required if you either significantly modify or sell a vehicle.

Ergo, until I sell it, I'm safe 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bonne61 said:

Thanks for that - I've done a bit of digging on that, & these ones are ADR Compliant.

Also, here in Paradise (Queensland, Australia), we don't do yearly Safety Inspections like any other places. They are only required if you either significantly modify or sell a vehicle.

Ergo, until I sell it, I'm safe 😆

Lucky bugger !!!

• Haha 2