Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Keane165's 1970 LeMans

2022 June
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Epic parts fail..Show us whatch got

231 Buick V6 head gaskets.

231 Burnt pistons.

Padless clutch plate

AND SO IT BEGINS......................

DSC_0244.JPG

DSC_0247.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I know Frosty will display his stripped steering wheel nut.     Great stories will work justas well, if ya didn't get pic's people.  

Not really an epic parts failure, more like a momentary lapse of brain function! This is what happens when you forget to completely tighten down the distributor.

0421FDEA-F289-412A-864F-4AA19BE36AFA.jpeg

89266B7B-E3DA-4714-94D5-C47390097376.jpeg
You wipe out 4 pistons, I.E. break every piston ring in at least 3 places!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know there are more of these we can all smile at now.  Maybe NOT when it happened, but funny now! :rofl: Show us whatcha got!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I know there are more of these we can all smile at now.  Maybe NOT when it happened, but funny now! :rofl: Show us whatcha got!

I could tell more, but fortunately for me I try not to photographically record my stupidity! 😁

• Haha 2

I don't even want to share this but feel strangely compelled to do so. When I was playing around with my distributor internals I managed to fit the rotor on the wrong way, ie. 180° wrong, and then cursed because the car wouldn't start. Despite GMs best efforts to ensure that no dickhead could ever get it wrong, I managed to put the square bit in the round hole and vice versa.

I used to laugh at warnings on takeaway coffee cups that say 'Warning - Contents May Be Hot.' Maybe they were written for me. D'oh! (slaps forehead.)

• Haha 2

Ah the old square peg round hole trick !!! :rofl:

mate your not alone in the miss happs department 

i haven’t done anything worthy of this thread 

but my f- wit younger bother has ! 

Back in the day we both had fe holdens 

his was a runner,  while I was still building mine ... this super cleaver guy took off one day from our family farm 

and 30 minutes latter  turned up back at home on foot ... white as a sheet ... 

he had lost a front wheel that he had just fitted ... it took off down a big hill in front of him and the fe came to a messy Holt ! 

I will never forget him banging on about how it must have been faulty wheel nuts .... he is a mechanic 🙄

he did it again a few year later when he did a skid in his mk 3 cortina ... this time it wasn’t a wheel ! It was a drive shaft he had made out of exhaust tube !!! 

It twisted  itself in half and came up through the floor behind the drivers seat and chopped up the floor ... he was very lucky that day !!? 🙄

family !!! Durrrr 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2