Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Epic parts fail..Show us whatch got

Go to solution Solved by JUSTA6,

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 2/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, Ringo64 said:

Need to get the card looking doohicky and put it in the reader doodad so you can connect the thingamobob to your beeboop machine :lol:Β 

Much, much better! Thank you.

Getting the granddaughter than can speak technobabble is probably the best bet. We can't afford any ID-ten-T errors here (IDIOT) now would we?

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

Last week lost the brakes on my truck. Was closer to the only shop I trust to work on my daily drivers, so I limped it there on a Sunday nite.Β  Was a lil shocked when they replaced the drums on the rear and the cyl blew on that wheel too.Β  I asked them to save the drums.Β  Have pretty much a full load of scrap metal to go.Β  I've never seen anything like this.Β  07 truck, notice how the lip is rotted off??? WTF?Β  The other side is normal wear/rust.

Β 

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_0512.JPG

• Sad 3

So the GTO was hardly running when I got it out for the 1st time.Β  A simple plug change brought her right back to normal.Β  When on an ice cream run with the wife only to find the 200R4 is not shifting.Β  Checked the fluid when I got home, was down a 1/2 quart but not enough to make a difference.Β  Drove it on the back roads to get to Golling show.Β  It wasn't shifting, had it screaming in 1st from a stop and finally get it to shift, but wouldn't go farther than 2nd gear.Β  Got to the show N raised the hood only to find all 3 carbs leaking gas all over the intake from every gasket!!!!Β  Β  Thankz for the ethanol.....SOB's.Β  Can't find a station that sells straight gas anymore around here.Β  Β Only the queer stuff.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Last week lost the brakes on my truck. Was closer to the only shop I trust to work on my daily drivers, so I limped it there on a Sunday nite.Β  Was a lil shocked when they replaced the drums on the rear and the cyl blew on that wheel too.Β  I asked them to save the drums.Β  Have pretty much a full load of scrap metal to go.Β  I've never seen anything like this.Β  07 truck, notice how the lip is rotted off??? WTF?Β  The other side is normal wear/rust.

Β 

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_0512.JPG

i completly agree !!! WTFΒ 

i have never seen cast iron rot like that !. what the heck are they putting on your roads ???? acid ???

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Brake drums are THICK. That metal should in theory outlive us all. Perhaps they had a bad batch at the factory, or as Kiwi suggested, perhaps the bloke who mixes up the salt mixture for deicing roads had a senior moment and tipped too much product in?

You might want to get it up on a hoist and see what other delights are awaiting you.

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Brake drums are THICK. That metal should in theory outlive us all. Perhaps they had a bad batch at the factory, or as Kiwi suggested, perhaps the bloke who mixes up the salt mixture for deicing roads had a senior moment and tipped too much product in?

You might want to get it up on a hoist and see what other delights are awaiting you.

JustA.may not be happy to see what else is rotten out under there !!!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i completly agree !!! WTFΒ 

i have never seen cast iron rot like that !. what the heck are they putting on your roads ???? acid ???

Chloride on the dirt to keep the dust down.Β  Close to acid,Β  5 times as corrosive as salt.Β 

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

JustA.may not be happy to see what else is rotten out under there !!!

My muffler, but it sounds racy so I haven't touched it!Β :rofl:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

Damn bro, justa glad you made it home safe bro!

The rear wheel cyl blew on the same side as the bad drum on my truck.Β  Was closer to drop it off than try and get it home.Β  Drove past the place with the GTO Saturday, taking the back roads home from Golling.Β  They will never touch that car.Β  But would be happy to hang a pic.Β  Soooo ....Β  Β  Β  Funny, (or NOT) when backing the GTO into the garage, was making a funny grinding noise from the driver rear.Β  Only heard it in reverse.Β  Wondering if I broke a spring or retainer???Β  Β Not spending another dime on the GTO. (said that last year!) Sunbird will be back on the road.Β :indian:

DSC_0508.JPG

DSC_0510.JPG

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Damn it man, your justa not having any kinda luck right now. Seriously sorry to hear that about your GTO, it’s justa badass bro. What’s left to do to the bird?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last year when I tried to fire it, I'm messing around having to get in/out of the car. (You've seen how close the cars are in my garage and how careful I have to be about the door paint.)Β  Moving the dist slightly and getting back in the car to try and start it. (have to push the clutch in to start, even in neutral.)Β  By the time it starts turning over slowly and gas smell is getting bad. I realize the float is stuck and filling the engine with gas.Β  There is even wet on the floor next to the exhaust.Β  Gas is running down the side of blower from every gasket in the carb and all over my freshly detailed engine.Β  Pulled the plugs and it was like a washing machine pukin gas out of every plug hole and nailing the fresh paint in the engine comp.Β  I quit!!!!Β  This was right before JustaG6's wedding and I was having other issues as well. Traced the electrical and have power from the lightning maker, through the lightning pipes and to the sparkalators.Β  Now have to rebuild the carb, gauge says no pressure, so need to drop the tank and check for trash around the pickup or replace the fuel pump. Kids....make sure your new gasket sets, rubber lines ect in your fuel system is MADE to withstand todays gas.Β  Β JUSTA sayin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1