Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Getting ready for My engine rebuild (400)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:14 AM, CLEARCROW said:

Stopped by the shop yesterday  before work. Oil pan is on and sealed up. Just waiting on the new intake to show up. 

I ordered paint from butler .

I went with the Restoration Colors

71-81 pontiac blue. 

How correct does it look? I'm happy with it  but someone told me this color was wrong and this is actually pre 66 blue. Any thoughts??

20220607_150015.thumb.jpg.ba228b36d862cb9c4af853bb2d03fdf6.jpg

Like the boys said, it's a nice blue and looks great. It appears to me to be the old style blue (my 65 motor is painted the same) and the later Pontiac blue is more metallic and a shade darker. Having said that, I much prefer the paint you have chosen.

It looks really good - bringing back plenty of memories of my own rebuild. Boy, was I stoked when mine fired into life the first time. You will be too.

Having said that, I sold my engine crane & engine stand today - I've done what I wanted to do and never again!

• Like 2

Let me be clear...NEVER!  It was fun, but time to tool around and enjoy it now. I wrenched, I purchased, I swore, I lay awake at 3am, I bled, I lived on 2 minute noodles whilst the car got gold plated rod bolts...did I mention never again?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Let me be clear...NEVER!  It was fun, but time to tool around and enjoy it now. I wrenched, I purchased, I swore, I lay awake at 3am, I bled, I lived on 2 minute noodles whilst the car got gold plated rod bolts...did I mention never again?

hahahha, that sounds like a tui beer add again mate !!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

, I lived on 2 minute noodles whilst the car got gold plated rod bolts...did I mention never again?

Haha so I'm not the only one who's diet suffered so the engine build could thrive

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Drink. Don't drive :lol: 

yeah JustA !!!! drink dont drive !!! wayyyyy cheaper !!!!! :rofl:

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I can't afford gas.

yesterday i filled up and it was $3.15 per litre thats $14.30 per gallon nzd so my work van took $217 to fill and that lasts me 6 days roughly 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yeah JustA !!!! drink dont drive !!! wayyyyy cheaper !!!!! :rofl:

yesterday i filled up and it was $3.15 per litre thats $14.30 per gallon nzd so my work van took $217 to fill and that lasts me 6 days roughly 

It's $2.03 CDN a litre here in Manitoba Canada. I'm right in the boarder with  North Dakota USA, so I drive over for gas once a week and pay $4.49 USD a gallon. Saves me a bit of money. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

oh and that was justA 91 octane ! 

diesel is now 3.05 per litre nzd !!! 

Think of you guys when we are bitchin bout the prices and you would be happy to pay what we are.  Sad thing is once they go up they never go back down to what they were thankz to greed.  On everything!

• Like 2

This is slightly off topic but my beloved Subaru Outback blew a head gasket after less than only 190k. I was advised by several professionals to walk away: a quad cam 24 valve VVT Subaru 6 cylinder is gonna be way too expensive, so I sold it as is and needed a car to get to and from the airport once a week so bought a 2005 low mileage 1.3 Yaris as a runabout. 42 litre tank, zippy, neat handling, cavernous interior...sure, I look like a girl (a really ugly one) when I'm in it but with the global price of fuel climbing steadily I think it was a wise move. Does anyone else believe that it's all part of a concerted effort to force people into EVs? Just need enough power stations now!

• Like 1