Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New member - will need lots of help

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

As far as the trunk lid goes...If you replace it...Pay close attention to the the radius (curved radius like on your car as opposed to a sharp 90 degree bend) of the front corners of the replacement lid...They may vary from the 2 door hardtop.. convertible...2 door sedan (post)..4 door sedan ( post) from the 4 door hard top..

• Like 2

Well firstly the name's Marcus, been a week or so, so I thought I would give you an update. Bit of background, am waiting for wife's cousin to get his shop together so I can get started.... So in a holding pattern it terms of physical work. But I'm like a dog with a bone, so took the wife over to see 'Lucky' and had another good look round. Saw a few bits that need replacing... And this week have managed to score all the parts. So am now a dog with two tails..... and dying to get started. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Untalented_Amateur said:

Well firstly the name's Marcus,

hi Marcus :dancingpontiac:, dont forget to post your progress!!

i bet your super ready to get dirty... good on you :cheers: 

• 4 weeks later...

So been a few weeks but some replacement parts have started to gather in my garage.......  

IMG_20210613_144010.jpg

IMG_20210523_113651.jpg

So next question for all you experts, if I go for a Ridetech Street Grip suspension upgrade which lowers her by 2", what is the largest wheel and tire combo that will fit without rubbing issues? 15x8s or 17x8s? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Untalented_Amateur said:

So been a few weeks but some replacement parts have started to gather in my garage.......  

IMG_20210613_144010.jpg

IMG_20210523_113651.jpg

So next question for all you experts, if I go for a Ridetech Street Grip suspension upgrade which lowers her by 2", what is the largest wheel and tire combo that will fit without rubbing issues? 15x8s or 17x8s? 

Marcus I dropped my 64 3 inches in the front and there is tons of room with my stock tires and rims 

I think to get what your after you should front a rim and tire up to the front end and check your clearance . Offset is a big issue to check , 

I would talk to your tire shop 

they will know what will fit well and what won’t 👍👍

• Like 2

yeah but what you can do with that rim is, change the tire profile to suit the space....

you gotta have a mate that you can loan a rim/ tire set up off before you commit to buying stuff that may be wrong! 

having said that, i think your pretty safe with a 15 inch rim.... justA watch that off set mate, then get a tire of say a 50  or 60 profile...

That is the cool part about what we do! your not only rebuilding a car, your upgrading it, to suit today's roads and performance specs ! back in 62 they didnt have tires like today, let a lone trick rims :cheers::driving:

you do have to tell us about this ride tech upgrade kit ??? 

• Like 2