Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

High Mileage bad?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be fine. Atleast engine wise. My 01 GP with the 3100(baby LA! basically, which the LX9 you have is just a revised LA1) had 159000 when I sold it, and it is still running today.

Yeah I'm pretty proud of it. I've got a few friends who keep telling me I'm going to blow a head gasket within the next few years but I don't like hearing that. I've got good faith in the engine, no coolant leaking into the oil yet, so I'm pretty well solid. Still gotta seal up my trans pan gasket but otherwise, it aint stopping anytime soon! My bonnie has 205k on it, so that's a lot to speak for. Got a coolant leak I've got to fix in that, but we're storing it through the winter and I'm going to do some hardcore work on it in the spring so we can give it to my younger brother for his birthday when he gets his license!

Its not about mileage its about maintenance. Someone who changes oil like a religon will see high mileage. My old 90 Cavalier Z24 went to the grave with 342,000 km on the odometer and still could hang with some of the older 80's stangs and Camaros.

• Founders

Its not about mileage its about maintenance. Someone who changes oil like a religon will see high mileage. My old 90 Cavalier Z24 went to the grave with 342,000 km on the odometer and still could hang with some of the older 80's stangs and Camaros.

Wow that's great! 212,508.948 miles for us southerns :lol2:

My GA is just about to graze 131K.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised how trouble-free the GA has been.

For all the horror stories, warnings, and grief that I was told about owning a Grand Am, this car has shattered all myths.

Of course, my GA has been 3 for 4 with GA quirks: LIM gasket failed, cat clogged, and wheel assembly failure, but only the right side.

Yeah the van makes good on the mileage. I check my oil almost every day and trans fluid every couple days because I know it leaks. The oil change, I'll probably change it soon here because the last time I did it was in the end of August right before I went to Florida. I've got a little over 7k on the oil change and it still looks pretty clean, I hate to change it in that state but kind of want to get it done before Winter rolls around. I plan to take this thing to FL at least one more time, probably a couple runs to Chicago, maybe a shot out to NYC to show Des the Big Apple, I went there a few years ago and wasn't all that impressed -- probably doesn't help any that I was with my church group at the time but Papaya Dog is where it's at!!

Want to take the van to Vegas when I turn 21 (2 more years) and California next Winter and use up my 2011-2012 vacation time. I got mileage planned for it. As long as it continues to behave well, I'll never leave this thing home :D besides at the young age of 19.. I got a few more years to go before I can rent cars on these trips so I HAVE to bring the van with me :). My mom gets upset with me for putting miles on it but in my eyes the higher the better.... just more to be proud of :) when I bought it in January 2009 it had 112,000 at the DMV for title transfer. In 2005 it conquered 60,000 horrific Hawaii miles as a rental vehicle. It's been reliable and no accidents so as long as I can keep anything underneath from rusting out, she's solid and never goin anywhere :)

The best part is that you can pick up all of the chicks at the bar. Literally, all of them in a van.

Want to take the van to Vegas when I turn 21 (2 more years) ....

im down for a Vegas meet. ;):D anyone else?

...and California next Winter and use up my 2011-2012 vacation time.

another meet. :bacon: where in Cali?

I'm down! Who wants to help out pay for a plane ticket for the boss? :P

I will how tall are you and what do you weigh I will get the UPS quote right away.

• Founders

I will how tall are you and what do you weigh I will get the UPS quote right away.

I feel like shipping me would be more than a plane ticket :P At 6'1" and 170lbs yea...

haha good joke on the shipping!! And why left out? Things to be proud of:

1. Low mileage

2. Excessively high mileage on a fully operable vehicle.

No be left out :P haha, and on the meet, well, we'll come back to Illinois I'm sure, only next time, I'll be adopting a hotel room for a night haha.

I feel like shipping me would be more than a plane ticket :lol2: At 6'1" and 170lbs yea...

2 Day UPS could be there for $378.00 roughly.

It actually would not necessarily be cheaper but on the outside of the box I would have White House dishes printed. You could then tell us how the ride was.

2 Day UPS could be there for $378.00 roughly.

It actually would not necessarily be cheaper but on the outside of the box I would have White House dishes printed. You could then tell us how the ride was.

He'd probably end up with a broken neck just because you wrote that... haha