Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1963 Grand Prix

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I could and I did think about it. But then it wouldn't match the other chrome. I thought about painting both front and rear black so they matched. Also, I hate prepping chrome for paint! :lol: I also hate killing 60yr old chrome even if it is messed up. It'll probably justa ride like it is till I can get a replacement.

Edited by Wrongway
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

I could and I did think about it. But then it wouldn't match the other chrome. I thought about painting both front and rear black so they matched. Also, I hate prepping chrome for paint! :lol: I also hate killing 60yr old chrome even if it is messed up. It'll probably justa ride like it is till I can get a replacement.

thats JustA what i am going to do to mate :cheers:

• Like 1

There's no shame in riding around with a rusty crappy chrome bumper. Just do that until a solution presents itself. I tooled around with my crappy front bumper for 2 years and nobody spat at me.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

There's no shame in riding around with a rusty crappy chrome bumper. Just do that until a solution presents itself. I tooled around with my crappy front bumper for 2 years and nobody spat at me.

I kinda like my original bumpers !

it’s a badge of honor ! 
the true age of my car 

original . 
no make up. 

It’s kind a like when you see a 70 year old movie star with her flash new plastic face 

but check out her neck !!!

aka .. bumper !!! No telling lies there aye :rofl:

• Haha 2

Of course I'm biased, but I reckon stacked headlight Ponchos are the goods. Even in that pic minus all it's front end trim, it looks mean as hell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the trunk lid, emblem and quarter panel badges are on! The rear carpet, top & bottom of back seat, arm rests and filler panels went in today! Rain all day tomorrow so I guess we'll see if the new windshield seals do what their supposed to. :lol:

Oh yeah, the stealth panel & taillights also got installed. 

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 2

So, these are the outside felts for the back windows. The fronts look the same justa longer. Can somebody tell me if that little metal piece goes towards the front of the car or towards the trunk. I need to know for both the felts on the door and the one on the back window. Thanks

IMG_5833 (2).jpg

• Confused 1

These illustrations are from the factory Body manual. Unfortunately, I read through the text and there is no mention of how they are installed and the pics are pretty basic but I THINK the metal piece goes to the front - it looks like it might be an attachment point.

20231118_092757.jpg

20231118_092829.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Fitzy, I can try that tomorrow. So on the doors would they also go towards the fronts then? Like by the vent window or towards the back where it would be next to the metal piece for the rear felt? You would think that they would come with a picture book for guys like me! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for you input Last Indian. I have actually heard of PVD but it was in relation to the firearms industry. I came across it after finishing a 1911 build a few months ago (wasn't sure about posting pics of that on this forum :lol:) and was debating between Cerakote, Duracoat & Bluing. I had no idea they were using that in the auto industry now. I will look in it for sure.

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:01 AM, Wrongway said:

Well, the trunk lid, emblem and quarter panel badges are on! The rear carpet, top & bottom of back seat, arm rests and filler panels went in today! Rain all day tomorrow so I guess we'll see if the new windshield seals do what their supposed to. :lol:

Oh yeah, the stealth panel & taillights also got installed. 

Did anyone mention we like pic's???

• Haha 2

No sir Justa, Thats the first I've heard of it :rofl: The pitting on the stealth panel is pretty bad but I can't really do anything about it until I figure out a way to fix the chrome.

• Like 1

Well, It won't let me upload a picture. I've tried 6 times. Keeps saying that an error occurred (-200). I'll try again in a bit after I get food in me or maybe the all powerful Ringo will see this and enlighten us as to what a -200 code is. :rofl:

• Haha 1

Hey Wrongway, I looked through my factory BODY manual and there are no clear illustrations nor directions on what to do with your weatherstrips. It outlines how to remove them, then says to reverse the order to install. Well, duh.

Our respective cars are 26657 styles. You're sure you have the correct strips? Do the old ones have the metal bits on the end?

Oh - the 200 code means you're old and stupid. I get that all the time and not just here!

• Haha 2

Yeah, their supposed be. These are the ones that were on back order from OPGI for almost 2 years. It didn't have the originals on it when I got it.

Ahhhh old & stupid! How could I have forgotten that! Thanks for clearing that up brother :rofl:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Well, It won't let me upload a picture. I've tried 6 times. Keeps saying that an error occurred (-200). I'll try again in a bit after I get food in me or maybe the all powerful Ringo will see this and enlighten us as to what a -200 code is. :rofl:

Mate I bet your file size is too big ! 
try resizing your pictures .. ringo should be able to help with that .. 

I gave up years ago posting pictures to fp off my computer because they all turned up side down !!!

I only up load them from my phone now ! 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2023 at 9:24 AM, Wrongway said:

So, these are the outside felts for the back windows. The fronts look the same justa longer. Can somebody tell me if that little metal piece goes towards the front of the car or towards the trunk. I need to know for both the felts on the door and the one on the back window. Thanks

IMG_5833 (2).jpg

Wrongway . I will check my 64 when I get a moment . And report back to ya 

• Thanks 1