Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

UPDATE: Vinyl, Round Three?

One thing that I've been wanting to do for a while is get rid of the chrome beltline trim. Aside from the front emblem's trim, it was the only chrome on the car so it didn't really fit in. It was a simple fix though, some matte black vinyl was stuck on and trimmed to size. Over the course of two nights I had it completed, though I may go back and redo a couple of sections before I'm completely satisfied.

It's a subtle change, but overall makes a surprisingly noticeable change to the exterior.

P1120769.jpg

P1120775.jpg

P1120776.jpg

P1120770.jpg

P1120773e.jpg

The weather seems to be getting better here, slowly but surely, so if it can stay reasonable next week I'm hoping to make a start on installing the rest of the parts I have sitting around.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

I generally don't mind it, but in my opinion white cars should have black accents, not chrome. :bacon:

:ph34r:

Normally I do like chrome as well but something about the black accents does set the white off just perfect.

There are certain trim pieces that look great chrome and great black.

yeah i know wut you mean about getting better gas mileage after getting a K&N lifetime are filter. it really works sounds better and runs better. i highly recomend it to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Lighting, Round One

Last night I picked up the lights I had ordered last month. A friend of mine (Founder of our car club) had arranged a group-buy, so I was able to pick up some new fog lights and LEDs for the license plate.

The lights came from Halo Automotive, and so far I'm pleased with their products.

P1130163.jpg

My fog lights were dim and not quite as yellow as I wanted, so I decided to add yellow bulbs to the existing yellow tint.

P1130167.jpg

Out back, the extremely dim, yellow license plate lights get replaced by white LEDs.

P1130168.jpg

P1130173.jpg

P1130174.jpg

I made sure to stop halfway through to take some comparison shots. The LED is on the right, the original bulb is on the left.

P1130175.jpg

And again with the front-new bulb on the right, standard on the left. The difference is less noticable (And even less so in the picture), but the new light is brighter and more yellow.

P1130179.jpg

I then installed the last two lights and went in to warm up.

P1130182.jpg

P1130183.jpg

I am very pleased with the new lights already, the LEDs are much, much brighter than the stock bulbs and the fog lights are now more noticable from the driver's seat. Money well spent.

Thanks goes to Terence at Auto Provision Racing for the group-buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! The details keep me busy over the winter while I wait to make a start on the bigger items waiting in my basement. :woot:

Thanks! I'm a sucker for OEM+ styling, and the fact that there's almost no aftermarket helped that decision. :woot:

As I've put it before, it can be mistaken for stock by the general public, but for those that know Grand Prixs they'll notice that things have been changed.

Oh, I will be addressing the stance first this year. :D

I've known which wheels I want for the GP for a while, and I think I know what colour I want them to be now...

Wheels have been purchased. They're coming from eastern Canada so it shouldn't take too long.

Chaos knows what I've ordered. They're wider and have a lower offset than my stock wheels, so they'll fill out the arches nicely. :D

Wheels have been purchased. They're coming from eastern Canada so it shouldn't take too long.

Chaos knows what I've ordered. They're wider and have a lower offset than my stock wheels, so they'll fill out the arches nicely. :dancingpontiac:

WHINNING!

Thanks guys!

The wheels are in the mail and should be here by next week. I'll be test-fitting them as soon as I can to check for any clearance issues, and I'll be sure to take some pictures when I do. I'll probably hold off on additional pictures until they're painted and installed though.