Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL. Nice! Yours is the only car that looks "decent" with that on. Maybe "cute" would be the right word... anyway, kudos to you for having fun and rocking it! Happy holidays!

ROFL. Nice! Yours is the only car that looks "decent" with that on. Maybe "cute" would be the right word... anyway, kudos to you for having fun and rocking it! Happy holidays!

'Cute' seems to be the general opinion. :slap:

Update: All aftermarket parts for the coilovers have been ordered, and the rear struts have shown up as well. I just need the mailman to deliver the rest, and I have to get the OEM knuckles and mounts to complete the set.

Is there going to be enough room to go as low as you like with 12" springs?

I went with 10" springs due to GP guys being limited to the 12"ers they were using as far as drop goes. Your front assembly looks like it has even less room to work with.

They were also saying the length of the 12" spring was allowing flex and strut rubbing duting turns.

They should be short enough. This is the standard setup and I've seen some examples with them installed. It should get me to the height I want, but I'm more concerned with my driveway. I could very well get stuck, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. It should be okay. Extremely close, but okay. :P

Well, I should have a more substantial update early next week (Mr. UPS man is bringing me something), but here's today's good news.

My W-body forum sells a calendar each year after picking members' cars to be in it. Here are the first six months for the new 2011 calendar. Notice anything?

2011calendar.jpg

;)

Notice anything?

yes. that white car is pointing the wrong way. when you see the driver, tell em i said, ;) ;) jk.

Yes, April has the coolest car ever driven for its picture. If only I was that guy.......

;)

yes. that white car is pointing the wrong way. when you see the driver, tell em i said, :rofl::P jk.

In the next 6 months there are more cars pointing that way. I hadn't noticed that. ;)

• Founders

Nice congrats!

Nice! Congrats! :) I was in a Calendar with my G6 but I sold the car before it even got to my month lol

lol I have the calendar and laughed when I turned it to your page. I was like huh, well this is old :lol2:

Well, I should have a more substantial update early next week (Mr. UPS man is bringing me something), but here's today's good news.

My W-body forum sells a calendar each year after picking members' cars to be in it. Here are the first six months for the new 2011 calendar. Notice anything?

2011calendar.jpg

:lol2:

VEDDY NICE!

[James May] Great news! [/James May]

Many more coilover parts have arrived! For the past two days the UPS man has made a trip to my house, bringing me wonderful suspension goodies! They were all of the front coilover components I'd ordered. So pretty.

Yesterday's box contained the front struts. These are OEM VW struts (And will be upgraded later on, same with the rears).

IMG00006-20110110-1812.jpg

Speaking of the rears, they're KYB GR2s. Yes, being lowered will shorten their lifespan, but the upgraded struts were about 8 times the cost, so I passed on them for the initial coilover phase.

IMG00325-20101213-1150.jpg

Today's bigger box contained the rest of the components. Packaged inside were the 300lb springs (Which will be moved to the rear of the car), coilover plates, top hats, spherical bearing mounts, coilover sleeves, adjuster nuts, and more. It's Christmas again, but for the car this time.

IMG00010-20110111-1632.jpg

IMG00013-20110111-1641.jpg

Now all I need for the coilovers are a couple of OEM parts (I'm still waiting to pick them up locally), and a set of both coilover sleeves and adjuster nuts for the rear coilovers. These have been ordered, so I just need to wait for them to arrive now.

As a final update, my parents and I recently visited some friends for the opening of their new art supply store here in town, and I picked up a sanding block and tack cloth as a start on my collection of bodywork and paint supplies. I have plenty of experience building (And painting) models, and I want to get some experience with (larger) real car parts now, starting with my mirror.

IMG00381-20110105-1855.jpg

Day by day, I'm getting closer to a Grand Prix that'll get stuck trying to pull into my driveway....I mean, a lowered Grand Prix. :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last update, the sleeves and nuts for the rear coilovers have arrived. As well, I've ordered new fog light bulbs and LEDs for the license plate lights. :)

Oh yes, there shall be pictures. :P

In the meantime, here's a teaser of the almost-finished prototype side diffusers for the Grand Prix. These will mount under the side skirts, leaving a small portion exposed beyond the edge. They'll be there for not only aesthetics, but hopefully a bit of protection (For the skirts) as well.

SideDiffusers.jpg

If I have time tonight I hope to be able to clean up the edges and round the corners on at least one of them so that I can do a test-fit and better show what they'll look like under the car.

Thanks! DIY is basically needed with this car, but I don't mind. :willy_nilly:

It's just a snapshot, but here are the sleeves and nuts for the rear coilovers. Hopefully my free time and the weather cooperate soon so that I can actually start making some progress with all of these parts.

Rearsleeves.jpg

Also, a quick peek at one of the side diffusers resting in place. A proper post will come with more details, but that will have to wait until I have the time to write it up, and hopefully the weather to wash the Grand Prix. It's actually dirty! I'm ashamed.

Teaser.jpg