Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Grand Prix owner joining.

Hey everyone,

A little while back a friend of mine (Sam here on the forums) told me about the site, and I've finally signed up! I don't know how busy I'll be on here, but my Pontiac is my main hobby so I'm sure it won't be long before I become a regular. This is the only Pontiac-specific site I'm on.

My name's Bill, I'm 18 and currently in university in Alberta, Canada. My Pontiac is a '92 Grand Prix SE sedan which was handed down to me from my parents, who bought it new in the spring of '93. I just picked it up from the body shop last week after having some rust removed, and it's really coming together now.

P1100253.jpg

P1110278.jpg

P1110377edit.jpg

I first got the car last January ('09) and have been working on it since, though lately the rate has rapidly increased. The current list of changes made is as follows:

Exterior:

-OEM optional rear valence

-OEM '88-'91 base model tail lights

-Thule roof rack (Not shown)

-Thule 555 fairing (Not shown)

Interior:

-Alarm

-Broadway 270mm rear-view mirror

-OEM tape deck

-OEM push-button trunk release

-OEM red courtesy lights

Engine:

-K&N air filter

-Magnaflow catalytic converter

-Tucked headlight harnesses

Chassis:

-OEM 3.4L Cutlass convertible front strut bar

-AWeb rear strut bar

-Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines

And also sitting aside waiting to be installed are OEM optional side skirts, and an OEM sport instrument cluster.

I hope I haven't run on too much, I figured I'd try to cover it all with my first post. I'm looking forward to hearing from you all, I'm glad there's a forum for those of us that don't want Pontiac to die completely. I know I was very sad to hear the news (As I'm sure you all were), Pontiac didn't deserve it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wow, car is in stellar shape! I love the older GPs.

60*V6 FTW! I'm very familiar with 60*V6 performance, so ask away if you wanna have some fun with engine mods. :welcomeFP:

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

' date='Jul 2 2010, 04:16 PM' post='31512']

Wow, car is in stellar shape! I love the older GPs.

60*V6 FTW! I'm very familiar with 60*V6 performance, so ask away if you wanna have some fun with engine mods. :cheers:

Thanks! I haven't put too much thought into building this engine, but I'm always open for suggestions! Even though most of my focus will be on the exterior and suspension, a bit more power is always nice too. :welcomeFP:

welcometothetribe-1.gif

your sigg is a bit too tall. (600X150) thanks and have fun here. :welcomeFP:

Welcome!

car looks awesome =]

Thanks!

' date='Jul 2 2010, 05:41 PM' post='31521']

I'll let you know right now,

www.WOT-Tech.com

www.60inclusive.com

These two sites will become favorites of yours for that 3100 motor.

Thanks for the links! I'd checked out WOT-TECH before, but I've never heard of 60inclusive. I'll save those.

:welcomeFP:

keep that baby clean! you rarely see these things in as good of a condition as this one is. my uncle had a grand prix se and he let that thing go to complete waste. :(

keep up the good work!

Thanks, I will!

welcometothetribe-1.gif

your sigg is a bit too tall. (600X150) thanks and have fun here. :bacon:

Sorry about that, I resized it. It should be good now.

:cheers: anything else ur doing

Most of the big things have been taken care of, so there's not much left on my list. Coilovers and spacers some day, along with a tiny bit of vinyl work and new front floor mats. Possibly a few small things after those too. Going by my current plan, it's almost done!

Thanks again everyone!

I'll have to take some better pictures of the interior to share, the ones I have are either poor or out of date.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to thread bump, but whats up man.

Hiya Sam! Not much, just working to earn money for the car. <_< Haven't spoken to you in a while.

Heck ya, very clean car and not just because of its age. Makes me feel like a kid again...

:)

i used to have one of those...

not as clean as that one though! it was my first experience with pontiac.. i never drove it but i sold it to a buddy of mine a few weeks after i bought it and never a single problem.. then it got t boned :(

' date='Jul 16 2010, 12:59 AM' post='32793']

You know Sammy? Damn...

Err...I mean, nifty. :D

:)

I do indeed. He was actually the one to intoduce me to this site.

welcome man late welcome or not its nice to see older model rides on here and urs is clean

Thanks! As much as I love the secoond- and third-gen W-Body Grand Prixs (Wouldn't mind a 2G as a winter car), there's just something about the first-gens that always win me over.

Heck ya, very clean car and not just because of its age. Makes me feel like a kid again...

Thanks! One of the reasons I love my GP is that I grew up with it, so it brings back memories of when I was a kid (Not that I'm exactly old now, I'm just 18).

:lol2:

i used to have one of those...

not as clean as that one though! it was my first experience with pontiac.. i never drove it but i sold it to a buddy of mine a few weeks after i bought it and never a single problem.. then it got t boned ;)

Sorry to hear that. I am always a bit sad when I come across one of these that has been crashed, or just sold to the junkyard.

Thanks for the continued welcome everyone!