Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If you haven't already, you may want to reach out to POCI's  E.T. Chapter. They should be able to direct you to a source.

http://www.earlytimeschapter.org/

Cheers 

Some engine and mechanical parts are offered through Egge and Kanter. If you are a member of the Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI), I would check their classifieds. SPRINT6 is spot about getting in with the Early Times chapter especially.

Salvage yards that specialize/carry in old Pontiacs (although I am nt sure if they go back to the 30s though) are:

East West Auto Parts Inc

Frank's Pontiac Parts

GM Sports - Auto Salvage

Indiana Pontiacs.com

Desert Valley Auto Parts (DVAP)

Other's that might you might call are:

Waldron's Antique Exhaust

Fabcraft Metal Works

Otherwise you will have to stick to eBay, Craigslist, and publications like Auto Swapper and Hemmings Motor News for leads on project/parts cars and used/NOS parts.

Edited by Frosty

The fender will be tough. However, I know this sounds a tad sacrilegious, but have you checked any Chevy sources for the running boards? In the 30s and 40s there was a limited amount of parts sharing between Chevy and Pontiac. Chevy and Pontiac running boards may well be one of those parts. 

Alternatively do you know a good metal fabricator? A friend of mine owns a '46 Chevy Panel Delivery truck and he built his own replica running boards for it. He built an extra pair and sold them at a profit.

Is the fender a total loss or can it be repaired by good metal man? Custom metal work may not be cheap but it may be your  only alternative versus nearly unobtainable parts. That's my two cents anyway.

Edited by Frosty

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

The fender will be tough. However, I know this sounds a tad sacrilegious, but have you checked any Chevy sources for the running boards? In the 30s and 40s there was a limited amount of parts sharing between Chevy and Pontiac. Chevy and Pontiac running boards may well be one of those parts. 

Alternatively do you know a good metal fabricator? A friend of mine owns a '46 Chevy Panel Delivery truck and he built his own replica running boards for it. He built an extra pair and sold them at a profit.

Is the fender a total loss or can it be repaired by good metal man? Custom metal work may not be cheap but it may be your  only alternative versus nearly unobtainable parts. That's my two cents anyway.

Maybe if you see Bruce at one of your meetings, he could chime in and help.  Believe he's working on his sedan now.

We have our monthly meeting tomorrow night in fact. If he is there, I will try to remember to ask him. His has a '37 I believe. Chuck Long has a '38, but I am sure they both have an idea of sources.

Well I struck out at the meeting. Both Chuck and Bruce were there, and I asked them about fenders and running boards for a '31. They had no idea of sources since both of their cars were fairly complete and they didn't need to source those parts.

In fact Bruce was looking for engine/carb parts for his '29. I told him to call Egge in California. He never heard of them before. I was frankly shocked by that. I figured anyone who had well out of production engines line a '29 Pontiac would know about them. Bruce said if he did have a lead that he would let me know.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.fillingstation.com/

The filling station has alot of GM parts for that era. I have a 31 chevy.  Now the running boards and rear fenders where the same. And you can get re-made steel fenders for that sedan. Not sure on the running boards tho. But,  I could make you a set of running boards for your sedan. 

• 3 years later...