Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So listen to this

Sam

So, I sold the talon a month ago as some of you know know. I've had the cash in my room waiting to find another DD car so i can go pay cash for it. I went to deposit some of the money because i didn't need all of it. The bank teller marks the bills and says that they are fake. So i bring up the rest of the cash and guess what, ALL F*CKING FAKE $20 BILLS!!!

Files a police report but police said that its not really enough money to follow. I gave them the vin number and all of they guys info that i had. They said they would "work" on it.

I'm f*cked and i'm pissed.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the VIN? Can you request information at your local DMV about the car? If they registered it, and their info is real there, might be worth the $5-10 to get the info.

I did, car isn't registered. My family lawyer said there is nothing they can really do unless the car is titled. The guy that bought it said he has 2 talons and they are beat up so he was wanting one in good shape. My guess he's stripping the car for parts.

sorry to sound like a jackmo but.... didnt you notice that the bills were fake?

do you have pictures of the bills?

our bills are printed on a type of cotton... they are super hard to counterfit.

I believe that you got the shaft (you have no reason to lie) but didnt you notice anythign funny about the bills or transaction?

Some fakes are super hard to to tell. We took one at Arbys once. I opened one morning and was counting my deposit from the day before. Went to the bank and the teller went through it and she felt one that was a bit off. There were only a few ways to tell. Jacksons shirt should have a very light texture to it, and some coloring things very very slightly off, just looked like it had went though the wash or something.

That sucks ass. Counterfeiters sometimes wash the bills, using tea, to make them look circulated. The feel of the cotton paper is unique and the hardest thing for counterfeiters to copy. They sometimes use bills of lower denomination that they erase the printing with bleach (not easy to do) and then re-print higher denominations using the correct paper. I collect paper money (no puns please) and know too much about it. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

Watch Craigs list for someone selling off parts that might be from your car!!! Might be a way to find that dirtbag.

Damn dude sorry to hear you got shafted!!! Now days you cant trust ANYONE... how much was it??? I've sold a few cars on CL and I ALWAYS check the money right there infront of them... some laugh, some seem to get mad, others are like what ever... always double and triple check your $$$.

He'll get what he deserves.... sooner or later he's gonna shaft the wrong person and gonna end up with a bullet to the dome.... :lol2:

• Founders

Sorry to sound like a dick but next time ask for a check then make him go with you to the bank and make sure it cashes before you hand over the title. Never take excuses either (IE the person can't go to the bank he has to get going), its your car you sell it the way you want to save your butt. Also verify information before hand.

That just sucks man though, the benefit of finding out now is that you don't have this pinned on you and some guy is trying to go after you because of this fake money. Just the brighter side of this dark day.

You have a pic of the money? post it if you can please!

• Founders

I'm sure the bank confiscated all the bills. Holding onto counterfeits is a federal no no. All you'll get is a receipt for them!!!

Good point and he clearly wouldn't of known they were counterfeits before hand duh, stupid me lol

Knowing this dude, no way HE made them. But the area he is from with well known for meth and other hard drugs. So who know what else they make there. Only thing i know is that if i ever see him again he will be unable to make to/transfer another fake bill again. I've call, left messages and texts. If he so much as steps foot or drives through this town again I will know. My school/city is very small and he and the car will stick out like a sore thumb. I'm so f*cking pissed off still that i probably failed my calc 3 test that i had tonight.

damn dude that sucks bad! at least it was only 1000! would have sucked if it were more.

you should contact the secret service directly and inform them, since they are who actually handles counterfeit money. granted it might not do anything, but doing everything you can never hurts.

also, if he hasnt registered the car, you could go get a duplicate title... then put a lien or something on it.

damn dude...since ur in a small town and everyone knoews everyone make a riot and find his ass and honestly a 1000 is alot to me so like it probably is to sam also but thats just my 2 cents