Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ghost's Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to. ill try to do a PSd pic of it in flat black, but it might be a bit hard to do.

jus as i thought, hard to paint your own car flat black. well...at least i tried. :dancingpontiac:

2222-flat.jpg

P0504100000-flat.jpg

I say flat black, but change the chrome accents to gloss black.

i dont think i would change the chrome accents. the flat would be temporary. and the chrome accents would go with the actual paint job i want cuz its going to be glossy black again but a bit different than stock.

and im seriously considering doing it.

' date='Mar 7 2011, 09:09 PM' post='50056']

DOOOO EEEEET.

Add the fact that it's on steelies, the win factor is amped up.

and im seriously considering doing it.

would it look good with rattle can?? and ill post bigger pics in a bit.

thought about vinyl wrap, ask Phenom. but came to the conclusion that it would cost just as much or more than painting it.

2222-flat2.jpg

P0504100000-flat2.jpg

The costs may be similar, but keep in mind it perserves the factory paint, which is more durable than aftermarket and it in turn keeps the value of the car higher.

:lol2: I think that your car CANT pull off the flat black look. I think it will end up looking like primer and the cars waiting to be painted. I say dont do it and IMO you will regret it especially if you end up sanding and painting it. Then youll need a new pricey paint job.

just%20say%20no.jpg

• Founders

:lol2: I think that your car CANT pull off the flat black look. I think it will end up looking like primer and the cars waiting to be painted. I say dont do it and IMO you will regret it especially if you end up sanding and painting it. Then youll need a new pricey paint job.

just%20say%20no.jpg

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

• Founders

hmm...

If you do it, do a vinyl wrap because I guarantee you'll want to change it back at some point :agreed: or the next owner may not want it and you could be like "bam! you either have a choice of glossy or flat black" :lol2:

The costs may be similar, but keep in mind it perserves the factory paint, which is more durable than aftermarket and it in turn keeps the value of the car higher.

true...but why save the glossy black with vinyl if its still going to get painted in the future (not flat, another)? no point of higher value since i wont sell it. but i see the vinyl point.

:lol2: I think that your car CANT pull off the flat black look...

why cant it? jus curious. if its the primer thing you said, nevermind.

If you do it, do a vinyl wrap because I guarantee you'll want to change it back at some point :agreed: or the next owner may not want it and you could be like "bam! you either have a choice of glossy or flat black" :agreed:

it will be glossy black again but different. no next owner. :agreed: unless they are me, myself and i. :agreed:

and ill do vinyl if you guys help out. :agreed: but im still thinking about this. and would it help if i added the AIT kit?

1260055773-flat.jpg

yes? no? dont know?

or should i jus skip on to the paint job i want (which is towards the end of the mod list and expensive)?

I'm just not a fan of flat black so skip it :D

ouch, that hurts. :(

:P:rofl:

but still thinking about it.

If you do flat black, make sure its with the AIT kit. Regular looks bad imo.

Also, if you do decide to do it, don't use spray paint. That's just asking to be made fun of.

...Also, if you do decide to do it, don't use spray paint. That's just asking to be made fun of.

you mean the rattle can.