Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ghost's Progression

IIRC, the 18"s use a 45 profile, and the 19"s and up have 40 and 35. Going by Dan's wheels on his tan G6, the sidewall looks a bit smaller than the 45 profile on my 17" ROH's. But you'll be able to push the car into turns without worry of the sidewall rolling underneath the lip of the rim with a 45 profile.

Of course, there's always tirerack to find out the proper tire size for 18"s. I'd check, but I'm just on my BB right now, it'll take forever to look up with this thing. :lol2: my wireless router is on teh friz.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks. everyone, please pray or whatever you people do...for me so i can have the custom exterior mod. i hope it works out.

you gonna buy my kit? ;)

um...ya. like i want my 6 to look like everyone elses that has the kit. :lol2: jk. its nice, but no. and i said custom. but i DID NOT say body kit or anything specific. :lol2: ill let everyone wonder.

' date='Apr 7 2010, 01:21 AM' post='20191']

Lip kit maybe?

Why not get the 09.5 front and rear bumpers? IMO, that's how the G6 should have come out from the start.

i think i read that they dont fit right up. i could be wrong tho..maybe that was just side skirts...wtf do i know

hey hey wooah dude its a ga so its ur car ur dissing in some ways

Huh? Well, technically it's the 6th gen GA, but still...IMO, GM didn't really try with it's styling. I do love the interiors and the drivetrain options. (60*V6 powa! LX9, LZ4, LZ9 and LY6. But also, of course Ghost's LE5 equipped G6, even though it's a four. Those motors love boost.)

' date='Apr 6 2010, 11:21 PM' post='20191']

Lip kit maybe?

Why not get the 09.5 front and rear bumpers? IMO, that's how the G6 should have come out from the start.

i hate the front. that back looks good.

Oooh OOoh Ooooh I know What IT is!!!! :lol2:

But im NOT tellin... :D

:D

Glad to see that intake design working out for others :)

thanks again.

• 2 months later...

i jus remembered that i never posted the LED conversion in here. so, i am in the process of changing out all the regular red covered bulbs in the G6 with blue LEDs. so far stage one is complete, which are all window switches and light dimmer. on the driver side window switches, there are four but only had two bulbs. fixed it and gave each their own LED.

i didnt change this one yet. limited space. so ill wait.

1-1.jpg?t=1268380476

2-1.jpg?t=1268380860

3-1.jpg?t=1268380902

this was the one i was having difficulties with.

4-1.jpg?t=1268380946

5-1.jpg?t=1268380989

6-1.jpg?t=1268381013

7-1.jpg?t=1268811418

8.jpg?t=1268811439

9.jpg?t=1268811542

10.jpg?t=1268811573

thanks. i want to start stage two, the door locks and the mirror switch. but that one will be harder due to limited space. then stage three, center console or center dash. and do it Chaos...how hard you say? lets say if i can do it you can do it. this was my first time. im warming myself up for the gauges.

its on the bottom half of the entire door. where the bend is on the plastic panel that leads to the little holder pocket thing. arent all 6s the same?

no the coupes are under the door armrest facing the floor.

lets seee...umm i would want like an ice blue color and the price would depend on how much stuff you would feel comfortable doing.