Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

onetrick56's 1964 Grand Prix

2020 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

AutoBlog: Pontiac Aztek rises from the ashes of infamy in Firebird Trans Am guise

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

I just don't know what to make of this... scared to read more too :lol: 

It's an Aztek...so the haters will continue to hate it. They will probably say something obviously stupid as "even a blind pig is still made of pork...."

However, like wearing black, the all back theme does have a lot of "slimming" effect to the vehicle. The gold snowflake wheels and "bird" hood decal kinda work for me. Granted, there is no shaker hood scoop or T-tops. Bo and Frog aren't screaming down the Georgia/Texarkana highways running bird dog for Snowman either. Still I think this definitely would have some more appeal that a stock Aztek.

JUSTA my 2 cents worth anyway....

9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It's an Aztek...so the haters will continue to hate it. They will probably say something obviously stupid as "even a blind pig is still made of pork...."

However, like wearing black, the all back theme does have a lot of "slimming" effect to the vehicle. The gold snowflake wheels and "bird" hood decal kinda work for me. Granted, there is no shaker hood scoop or T-tops. Bo and Frog aren't screaming down the Georgia/Texarkana highways running bird dog for Snowman either. Still I think this definitely would have some more appeal that a stock Aztek.

JUSTA my 2 cents worth anyway....

Agreed, but with blown out fenders, low profile tires, way better wheel than most today; I’d buy it over nearly all the other SUV out there today! That all look like they came of the same copy machine!

• Like 1

I like the changes...... BUT, they never moved the lights from the top of the fenders.  Always a huge buzzkill.  Need to be at the bottom or JUSTA complete delete.  I'd take it to a carshow.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Frosty said:

The gold snowflake wheels and "bird" hood decal kinda work for me

Ditto.

Although, engine quality issues for the 3400 in general coupled with a few other Aztek-specific quality issues (e.g. A/C compressor line rubbing issues and other things I saw while working in the shop) have always been a turn-off for me regarding the Aztek. However, again, I do like this from a design standpoint.

16 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I'd take it to a carshow

Me too.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:36 AM, Stewy said:

Although, engine quality issues for the 3400 in general coupled with a few other Aztek-specific quality issues (e.g. A/C compressor line rubbing issues and other things I saw while working in the shop) have always been a turn-off for me regarding the Aztek. However, again, I do like this from a design standpoint.

The wife and mum-in-law never had those issues with their Azteks. For the most part, those cars were very trouble free. I guess we were lucky.