Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Rally style mudflaps...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My reasoning for them, is my rear fog lights. The bumper is exposed from behind, it's not covered at all, so lots of dirt and crap build up in there. Both my rear fogs have water damage because of this, so these will have a purpose...and I like the look. :)

Meh dont care for them kinda cheep and tacky looking IMO.

ProFit Molded Splash Guards - $16.99

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN1004/GAEXT/ProFit...ash+Guards.html

gn1004.jpg

Molded FTW!

Actually, those do zero for keeping crap outta the back of the bumper, just protect the outside. The rally flaps are square, and would protect the inner part of the wheelwell, which molded flaps don't.

honestly, i know you are looking for purpose so im just going to be quick, if you want them and NEED them then get them.

my opinion is that dont do it unless you are looking to go for a rally look on your car. i personally only see this being very useful for AWD cars but thats just cuz i am used to seeing them on AWD cars. but the rally focus is fwd and has them so its not too bad. just wouldn't do them on the GA imo

i like them. they look cool and indeed would work well for those of us who do drive on dirt(y) roads.

but in my opinion, to buy them is dumb. you can buy similar plastic and cut them to your own shape. they dont have to be quite as big and therefore not as ricey

i like them. they look cool and indeed would work well for those of us who do drive on dirt(y) roads.

but in my opinion, to buy them is dumb. you can buy similar plastic and cut them to your own shape. they dont have to be quite as big and therefore not as ricey

Rally cars have the same oversized style. I dig the look, but think about it... The first Subie owner who thought of it, I can betcha people second guessed the look...

They have form and function, and give Stealth some unique flair.

• Founders

I don't know though never been a fan of them on a car. Personally if I'm looking to change my looks I wouldn't go to mudflaps but who knows it may turn out good and be functional thus fitting your need and making it totally worth it

I don't know though never been a fan of them on a car. Personally if I'm looking to change my looks I wouldn't go to mudflaps but who knows it may turn out good and be functional thus fitting your need and making it totally worth it

:P

basically almost the same thing i said but different wording. :P

see... the thing with the subis is that they are known for rallying. thats why it was an easy thing to just add to the subis. plus. the styling fits it just right. same goes for the evo.

ok so just do it. u know you want to regardless everyone else's opinions. :D

That's just the thing, Evos and STis are basically rally cars, it's a norm for them. But I've seen unconventional cars with the flaps, and any car can pull it off. Most people just expect it on a car with rally racing in it's background. I've seen Celicas with rally flaps, and get made fun of. But go back +10 years, and Toyota had a successful race program with the Celica (the GT-Four models, AWD turbo cars) in the WRC. Not to mention, my car isn't lowered, so the flaps will look a bit more at home. :P

' date='Mar 31 2010, 05:31 PM' post='19493']

That's just the thing, Evos and STis are basically rally cars, it's a norm for them. But I've seen unconventional cars with the flaps, and any car can pull it off. Most people just expect it on a car with rally racing in it's background. I've seen Celicas with rally flaps, and get made fun of. But go back +10 years, and Toyota had a successful race program with the Celica (the GT-Four models, AWD turbo cars) in the WRC. Not to mention, my car isn't lowered, so the flaps will look a bit more at home. :P

JUST DO IT ALREADY! LOL!!! :P

i have mudd flaps in the mail for mine..paid 2.99 and the say grand am in white =]

Nifty. Post pics when ya can. :P

HAHAHA. you know im just messin wit ya! lol

Of course. We jest. :P

' date='Mar 31 2010, 10:52 PM' post='19517']

Nifty. Post pics when ya can. :D

well of coarse i will =] i havent got them in the mail yet..they are expected to be here today or tomorrow but i am counting more saturday..

i've got mudflaps. they're way old GM add-on pieces, they're just big chunks of black plastic that say Sunbir don them in white, but i lvoe them. i bought 4 sets when i got them, and i need to put a new set on my car, these ones have been through hell, plus they're mounted a little bit more inboard than i had wanted, but i just deal with it..... i don't have pics but you can see one poking out the front in my sig lol