Skip to content

Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Sign up now! 🏁

Notallthere's ultimate driveway mod

Featured Replies

a6eb0839-e880-4869-9ee0-bb0b71bc7580_zps



IMG_0039_zps97ecab69.jpg



IMG_0040_zpsb04e40e8.jpg



IMG_0041_zps2930faf3.jpg



0581ff7e-6dab-4e22-8300-53cc3ab9cc44_zps



Yes a new freakin driveway.


  • Founders

That's a lot of... dirt. :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Didn't know you were building a 4X4 track.....Cool.


I would've taken out a good part of the house myself... :lol2: You installing a drain for the Garage?


  • Author

Garage already has a drain and it was hooked back up. We had a little water come in the basement over the winter and we had money saved for the driveway. So it was new driveway time. Damn concrete is expensive. The guy I hired is not the cheapest but he is the best at it in Sarnia.


Only the Michigan road commision uses the "cheapest guy""who will also pave the road to the senators,congress man/woman's cabin.."...LOL


cool. how was it before? bad? you should get the Pontiac logo engraved.
  • Author

It had some cracks in it but it was not bad for a 50 year old driveway. I just hated cutting the check for 14,000


OUCH.... I the middle of a huge water mess myself. Washer and water heater let go 2 days apart. Crew showed up yesterday and I thought they were going to reinstall my carpet and get the hell outta here. WRONG instead they are tearing out walls and sub flooring.....This is gonna be weeks longer.


  • Author

Man I feel your pain Justa. I know that 14000 could have made one hell of a crate motor and transmission for the Chevelle. I always told Ms Notallthere that the car habit I have never goes on credit no matter what. So far it has kept me financially viable. The Fiero is locked in the back yard as it was running rough first start this year. Just new plugs and wires are needed. I am going to hate the first oil stain on the new driveway tho.


Seal the new driveway.Most people dont realize it should be done.Oil etc..washes right off.


Congratulations on the new home improvement. At the old house, we went with stamped concrete on the edges too. It was the wife's idea. Sealing it is definitely a worthwhile investment. You won't freak out as much as the wife does on the first oil stain.


While you got the tools, you should build a mechanics pit :lol2:


  • Author

Holy shit that is a great idea Havoc.


  • Founders

Holy shit that is a great idea Havoc.

DO EEEEEET!

I'd make one small slight change to havoc's idea. I'd have it in the garage and out of the weather.



Somehow I don't see you changing oil or greasing the Vibe in -20C winter weather.



Plus I suspect you and the snowblower would go ass over tea kettle in the first serious snowfall of the year - "lets see I know that damn pit is around here somewhhhhaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggh!!!!!!" I think you get the idea.


Holy shit that is a great idea Havoc.

I have my moments

Nice! I will always want a concrete driveway and hopefully I can.


  • Author

Mother Nature is not co-operating.



Well the first pour was done for half of the shop and up to the house. Ms Notallthere's dog walked through the fresh concrete. So we have some paw prints in it. No biggie we were going to do that anyway since he is 14.


  • 2 months later...

So when do we get to see the inaugural grease stain on the new driveway?


is it finished?


I was told it was and that the missus daily driver was responsible for the first stain on the brand new concrete.


  • Founders

:lol: poor notallthere even the mrs gets the first stain


Create an account or sign in to comment

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.