Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G6 interior LEDs

:bacon::rofl::D to previous comment. and thanks. i really dont think of this as a progression but more as i can get help on this or give help. but it is progressing!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

havent posted in here in a while. ok well i havent done this yet. ill probably finish up the doors before moving on to the center console. on the doors, i need the two lock buttons and the mirrors toggle switch, both of them have tight spaces. and on the center console, ill most likely get rid of the two gold LEDs and possibly the red on the temperature, if its possible.

• 5 months later...

i know i havent started the second set of LED mods but i may do the center console along with other things. but i have a question...the drivers window switches, the one for driver side passanger...how did i lose power on it? i lost the down control but not the up. i tried to be careful and all when i soldered. i dont think i got anything on it. and i put a piece of tape to keep the metals from touching. so whats the problem?

• 2 years later...
plenty actually. in my last posts of 2 years ago, i already had a good chuck done which was the harder part. now i only need 3 lights left.

• 3 weeks later...

i have no idea cuz it was all there and good, two different LEDs as well as resistors and i ended up using those same LEDs and resistors. anyways, i did get it working after that. all lights are done, well that was until i noticed something at night. the bright yellow airbag lights. <_< so those are the only ones left now. and no help from G6P? i thought there were people that have completed this before me? so hopefully this helps out others.

so one of the harder ones was the gauge cluster.

IMAG0139.jpg

taken apart and ready for blue LEDs. thanks Mark for that little hint.

IMAG0140.jpg

taking mine out.

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

the spare plugged in and ready to test.

IMAG0143.jpg

uuhhh...thats not right.

IMAG0144.jpg

lets try this again.

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

it works now for the needles.

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

its all perfect and now in place.

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

this was the last thing i completed two years ago.

so while I was tearing it up inside for a different reason, i decided "why not" and jus dove right in.

20130915_144040_zpsaf2e167e.jpg

20130916_114217_zps72e33416.jpg

shifter light.

20130916_115317_zpsc3c3583f.jpg

20130917_162308_zps02661551.jpg

20130917_182728_zpse340a70a.jpg

20130917_182753_zps87c10251.jpg