Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G6 interior LEDs

does anyone know the LED bulbs used in the 6? or know of a site that knows? i know what goes in the gauges. but i dont know the ones in the doors or center console. can anyone help out? thanks.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know the LED bulbs used in the 6? or know of a site that knows? i know what goes in the gauges. but i dont know the ones in the doors or center console. can anyone help out? thanks.

i no ebay has some just have to find the ones that fit i bought some for my ga there but i sold them it took some searchin or andysautosport.com or ilovebodykits.com

i no ebay has some just have to find the ones that fit i bought some for my ga there but i sold them it took some searchin or andysautosport.com or ilovebodykits.com

i was hoping if someone knew which bulbs are used. anyone know if the stereo knobs come off?

I imagine if you pull the stereo knob off, you'll find the light might be further underneath the knob and not too accessible.

Also, all lights will come off with the right pliers and force to pull...hehe

Hope you find what your looking for, I can't wait to see your blue interior.

I imagine if you pull the stereo knob off, you'll find the light might be further underneath the knob and not too accessible.

Also, all lights will come off with the right pliers and force to pull...hehe

Hope you find what your looking for, I can't wait to see your blue interior.

my blue interior? sshhh.... :D well, with the knobs out (took off knobs now), i can see the bulb that lights it. correct, cant access it. but i needed the knobs off to take apart the stereo. the bulbs that light look like regular NON LED bulbs. so i dont know if LEDs would work. but, a theory is if i "tint" the clear plastic that spreads the light to the buttons with blue, then its possible to have blue lights.

any G6s want a red and white lit stereo? jus curious.

thanks. and i will probably leave the stock stereo alone. cuz i might not be able to change the screen color. ill probably check on the rest of the lights tomorrow. so now one has changed their entire interior lights?

thanks. and i will probably leave the stock stereo alone. cuz i might not be able to change the screen color. ill probably check on the rest of the lights tomorrow. so now one has changed their entire interior lights?

I think there has been a few, over on G6P, but I love my red interior, that's the lighting I have all around the car anyways :agreed:

I think there has been a few, over on G6P...

really? who? and i checked the window switch light. same. looks like a regular bulb with a red cover. anyone know if i can jus switch it with an LED? or will the LED need a resistor?

Hope this helps!! I saw someone on G6OC did it (kinda) I asked him how hard it was and this was his response:

Wasn't hard at all but they do not match the color of the dash since they are not LEDs they are incandescent bulbs so all I had to do was pull the radio use a 3/16 to pull 4 screws of the faceplate 4 clips on top and bottom to pull it off, then on the inside there are a couple bolt that holds the mainboard to the face plate very very small I used a crescent wrench and got them out then little red caps over the light bulbs just pulled right off...

but like i said I'm gonna hard wire mini LED's to fit where these bulbs are to match the instrument cluster

:D:P

thanks, but i have pulled apart the stereo already. without the red cover, the lights shine slightly yellow. but i guess take one for the team and do it right.

thanks anyways. did he/she post about doing the doors? or center console temp, gear shifter? i couldnt tell which was the + or the -. both looked the same.

;) i dont hate the 6 right now. :lol2:;)

i didnt change this one yet. limited space. so ill wait.

1-1.jpg?t=1268380476

this one was pretty easy.

2-1.jpg?t=1268380860

3-1.jpg?t=1268380902

this was the one i was having difficulties with.

4-1.jpg?t=1268380946

5-1.jpg?t=1268380989

6-1.jpg?t=1268381013

• Founders

Huh didn't even know the trunk release button lights up :agreed: Then again I looked once to see where it was and now just feel around for it.

Looks good though!