Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

in case you guys know someone with a 09 Vibe

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong I like my car and it has done good by me but this crap with Toyota has me watching the news for recalls. In the end I still bought a Pontiac. I wish the car did have the 2.2 Ecotec from my wife's car just for the low end torque. The little 1.8L does do a decent job and on my last road trip we got 33 mpg. I still plan on driving this car until it falls apart.

I've always seen the Vibe as Pontiac's red headed step child.

Toyota Voltz

sec_21_7349.jpg

voltz2.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if the Vibe's design was originally for the US market, or there really was no effort from GM to design the Corolla platform-mate at all.

That is so wrong... beyond wrong... so I take it GM owns Toyota as well?

relax dan! GM and Toyota have traded things for years and years. The Geo Prism/Chevy Prism was a Toyota Corolla. Chevy gave the Cavalier and the Caprice Classic to Toyota to sell in Japan. GM sold Onstar in Audi's for 3 years and GM is the worlds leader and seller of trannys to lots of its competitors. Dodge and Mitsubishi use to share platforms and engines. Saturns use to have Honda engines in the VUE. Every major car brand shares stuff in exchange with each other, its how they save money. There are just too many examples to list.

• Founders

relax dan! GM and Toyota have traded things for years and years. The Geo Prism/Chevy Prism was a Toyota Corolla. Chevy gave the Cavalier and the Caprice Classic to Toyota to sell in Japan. GM sold Onstar in Audi's for 3 years and GM is the worlds leader and seller of trannys to lots of its competitors. Dodge and Mitsubishi use to share platforms and engines. Saturns use to have Honda engines in the VUE. Every major car brand shares stuff in exchange with each other, its how they save money. There are just too many examples to list.

Every business does this, thats why there's patents so that over x amount of years other companies can't copy or use their ideas thus force to either share or deal with it. Than after the patent period companies will usually trade ideas or sell them.

Spoke with my buddy at the dealership here and the way he reads it the Toyota's pedal starts to wear and it will not return. They are coming up with a back yard solution of putting some carb return springs on the pedal to force it to return easily. He said that until Toyota or GM comes up with a solution his boss maybe loaning out some of the used car fleet if it takes to long to come up with a solution and if the customers do not feel safe. The only thing that I am not sure of is that the 05-08 base Vibes use the DBW setup. My question is: What changed?

' date='Jan 26 2010, 09:46 PM' post='5996']

Yep. It's odd seeing the rebadged cars sometimes.

I really liked the idea of us getting Opels as Saturns, it's a shame we only got the Astra for a year.

The Astra coupe was a great looking little car with an A+++ suspension but was slow as balls even for an economy car. Also had one F'ed up radio that even us the sales people couldent figure out. The breaks funny as it sounds worked way way to good, you would tap them and you felt you were going to hit the windshield lol. The 5 door had all the same issues but it was exceptable that it was that slow since the people that would buy them dident care about that. The other issue with the Astra was it cost way too much to get it here and was so over priced.

• Founders

Got a question I'm sure Joe and you dealership sales side people can answer lol. If you bought say an '09 Vibe and this recall happened, you got your car fixed then found out how they fixed it and didn't deem it as a safe fix (or you didn't even want it fixed you just wanted a refund) for you and your family, would you be able to get your full money back on the car? and would you go through the dealer or Toyota (in this case)? Considering of course the car is a couple months old like in most cases with these vehicles, some being a couple years old. This is just a hypothetical case and me just wondering about these things. Like personally I wouldn't feel all to safe with just a spring type fix and the defective pedal. What if the spring breaks then your back with a defective pedal again.

They really rushed the car over here. The car gets rav reviews overseas, in England, and Europe. They get the turbo models though. GM dropped the ball giving us the Saturn Astra.

Got a question I'm sure Joe and you dealership sales side people can answer lol. If you bought say an '09 Vibe and this recall happened, you got your car fixed then found out how they fixed it and didn't deem it as a safe fix for you and your family, would you be able to get your full money back on the car? and would you go through the dealer or Toyota (in this case)? Considering of course the car is a couple months old like in most cases with these vehicles, some being a couple years old.

My geuss is no you couldent get your money back and you would have to go thru corporate. If anything the Manufactura may take the car back and give you a deal on a different car. but thats a big maybe!!!!

' date='Jan 26 2010, 10:11 PM' post='6006']

They really rushed the car over here. The car gets rav reviews overseas, in England, and Europe. They get the turbo models though. GM dropped the ball giving us the Saturn Astra.

They dident americanized it aka the F'ed up euro radio and strange cup holder locations. Yes its the 2nd best selling car in England, and Europe. Also they make about 10 diff versions of the astra overseas, anything from a waggon, coupe, 5 door, turbo, stripped one, sedan ect. A great car in its euro form but not a good car for america.

• Founders

My geuss is no you couldent get your money back and you would have to go thru corporate. If anything the Manufactura may take the car back and give you a deal on a different car. but thats a big maybe!!!!

Huh interesting, yea was thinking since it is a manufacture issue the dealership wouldn't claim responsibility too much without consent from corporate or something. Cause basically if my sisters Rav4 was in the years that got recalled I'd probably convince her to get rid of that Toyota. Would just personally be the last straw so to speak for me to allow her to have the car because I have never liked driving that thing and it feels like the steering wheel is gonna fall apart since day 1, among other issues :lol2:

I don't know, this seems like it would be a special case, and I'm sure that Toyota would do their best to give you another Toyota with probably a huge discount, just to keep their fan base and avoid losing anymore customers, as this will hurt their reputation MAJORLY