Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Seeking assistance with repair. Single woman who loves getting her hands dirty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hey Dawn, I'm sorry I can't help you with this. I'm sure somebody will be on shortly who can. I justa want to welcome you to the site. Great pics of a beautiful ride. 

• Like 2

If your car has the obd 2 port under the dash , you could hire a reader and get the codes then it will tell you what’s faulting 

• Like 2

Welcome.  You can stop in at an Orielly's auto parts or Autozone auto parts and they will read the codes for you at no cost. Nice pic's

• Like 2

Welcome...

Are you experiencing a Drivability issue..??  Realistically...If the ECM is throwing the code for the fuel pressure regulator with a code reader...That doesn't necessarily mean that the pressure regulator itself is the issue...It could be somewhere else in the fuel system such as the fuel pressure sensor... Weak/failing fuel pump...A short in the wiring...A bad ground...Loose connection...Or any number/combination of things that can manifest itself by the throwing the fuel pressure system code...So rather than just throwing unnecessary parts/$$$$ at it and hoping you get the right one...You would be better off to have someone with a scanner with the correct software...Plug it into the diagnostic port...Then go from there...

TLBT..

Nice car..👍

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Green Machine said:

I own a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. Code for fuel pressure regulator appears. Is this something I can fix on my own? I’ve managed to change out the battery and radiator fan module. IMG_1830.thumb.jpeg.b3640d3bfdd560b57de2c3a590157f66.jpegIMG_1828.thumb.jpeg.72fe86328bd2ee5c23ba60a3d5543855.jpegIMG_1822.thumb.jpeg.24d923831436af6e77bb9a090814c5d1.jpegIMG_0035.thumb.jpeg.42966ce05b1d9e817dd03ba31b975a04.jpeg

Welcome to the site Dawn. What code? There are a lot of codes for fuel pressure, P0089, P0090, P0091, P0092, P00C6, P00C8, P00C9, etc, etc.

So knowing what particular code would help to start. There may be more than one. There may also be codes set for miss fires as a result of the fuel issue. You should also check the pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the welcoming, insight and suggestions y’all. Good to be here!  The car has been unregistered and slightly driven in the past year. I had to replace the turbo years ago bc of an overboost situation. I’m now hearing a ticking sound coming from the top of the engine. IMG_0270.thumb.jpeg.fc6324960803fd6913d82d052e575ab1.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Green Machine said:

Thank you for the welcoming, insight and suggestions y’all. Good to be here!  The car has been unregistered and slightly driven in the past year. I had to replace the turbo years ago bc of an overboost situation. I’m now hearing a ticking sound coming from the top of the engine. IMG_0270.thumb.jpeg.fc6324960803fd6913d82d052e575ab1.jpeg

I would believe you need a knowledgeable mechanic. Why? Unless you are very adept at troubleshooting a direct injection system, you’ll end up just being a part’s replacer! Which can get expensive quick. Without being there I would believe that the pressurizing pump that mounts to the upper front of the engine is causing the trouble. This pump increases the fuel pump supplied fuel from between 35psi to 155psi depending on engine rpm. 

Additionally the evac system is at the back of the car usually in the upper area behind a rear tire. This involves a vacuum canister & a pump.

E9ED7698-214E-4A16-A611-9C720DB54428.jpeg
this is a high pressure pump for a Solstice.

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

I would believe you need a knowledgeable mechanic. Why? Unless you are very adept at troubleshooting a direct injection system, you’ll end up just being a part’s replacer! Which can get expensive quick. Without being there I would believe that the pressurizing pump that mounts to the upper front of the engine is causing the trouble. This pump increases the fuel pump supplied fuel from between 35psi to 155psi depending on engine rpm. 

Additionally the evac system is at the back of the car usually in the upper area behind a rear tire. This involves a vacuum canister & a pump.

E9ED7698-214E-4A16-A611-9C720DB54428.jpeg
this is a high pressure pump for a Solstice.

Thank you for your very helpful feedback! On the hunt for a knowledgeable mechanic. Definitely out of my league. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1