Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Vacuum Rules.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That's right - it's the factory centre console mounted unit. My GP is a 65 like your Bonnie, so it'll be a straight fit. At the moment, I know how much my car sucks coz it ain't going so well! I don't need a gauge to tell me that it sucks.

• Haha 2

Fitzy I was trying to send u a PM with a Canadian postal code so we could look into shipping costs, probably a thing of the past on public forums? One thing. I am not really sure how I could mount that gage in the Bonny without a console. There is most likely a dash bezel of some sort for the left side upper corner that the internals might fit into or I could get creative and find another way. I have a feeling we would be looking at a big shipping cost but so be it can’t hurt to check. Maybe just pack it up and come on up this summer, I take you walleye fishing in Saskatchewan. 

• Haha 2

Bonnzo, I'm not sure how to PM, but the guys have managed to send me stuff privately before. Perhaps Ringo could advise?

I only know Saskatchewan from being a Corner Gas fan!

Without a console it's probably not going to happen, unless as you say, you get creative and perhaps fabricate a little pod or something for it.

I'm going to guess about AUD$50 - 70 for postage.

I just played around with it. Click on my avatar and it'll take you to a screen where there's an envelope symbol. You can email me from there.

Edited by Fitzy
  • Like 2

Spam bots? I love the spam bots that find me. The content is sweet! I'm not sure WHY they think I am chasing a 30 year old woman with big tits, but let's go with that.

• Haha 2

• Founders
3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Spam bots? I love the spam bots that find me. The content is sweet! I'm not sure WHY they think I am chasing a 30 year old woman with big tits, but let's go with that.

The spam bots aren't as nice as the ads :lol: 

13 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Our users in our “New Members” group with 10 posts or less, may not be able to initiate messages but can respond. (Prevention method to avoid spam bots messaging people). I’ll double check this when I’m on a computer tomorrow morning. 

I lied with this. Our new members are limited but can send messages. Let me know if you are having issues finding it :) .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fitzy said:

yeah, but you forgot they also dont speak english !:rofl:

On 3/16/2023 at 10:13 PM, BONNZO said:

Ok so I been thinking about owning this car for 52 years just cause it’s a Pontiac. I get the thing and it has no factory vacuum gage. Not sure if that was even a thing in the Bonny, maybe a option. Why would I care,,,

My father RIP sold new GM cars for local dealership and in 1970 he would bring demonstrators home for lunch and weekends. I was neck high to this at the time and old enough to remember to this day. I was eye ball to beak in front of a GTO judge enduro bumper.  Every demo he grabbed was a poncho. He bragged about Pontiac as his favourite and had access to the Buick’s and Cadillacs at the same time (we owned a Buick) This went on till 1975 or so. I can’t recall what car it was in but the vacuum gage I spied tweaking around curiously during our rides was as enduring as the enduro. I asked dad about it and am sure he explained in full detail but I had no clue at the time, I was 6.

So looking for an original gage cause I just gotta have one right now, compelled by something way back in that grey matTer. Nope! I can’t spend this months mortgage on a NOS gage. Moved onto this auto gage which just happens to fit bang on into the factory 65 Bonny bezel. I have a spare bezel shown here, no cutting or mods of any kind. I gotta get under there to work I on the heater anyhow, in she will go and my ride transformed,,,

16059E8B-3BB2-4068-947E-5BBCBD30D98E.jpeg

46A95C75-C12F-4564-9530-98E186EF7FBB.jpeg

A lil 65 add on......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384185552340?hash=item59733e4dd4:g:abUAAOSwFkxfczRM

Yeah I think they gave the award to the entire Pontiac line up that year. How’s that for a clean sweep. Not sure if that is common place for motor trend?  Done before or since? Once owned a 70 Torino which took that years car of the year solo I believe.  

• Like 1