Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Dealership Pictures

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

It's amazing to see even dealerships evolve over time, as times change. Very cool.

So does this building still exist today? Clearly it is no longer a Pontiac dealership.

• Like 1

Frosty, these are 2 pictures of the same building today.

Sometime in the late ‘60’s (I think) the neon sign was removed, the facade was updated, and a porch was added to both sides of the building to display more new cars. Those changes are still what you see today.

The dealership changed ownership twice since the mid  ‘90’s but they were both dealers from 2 different cities and did not do well in this rural area. The last one closed in the early  2000’s. 
   Since then it has been a motorcycle shop and has housed 2 vintage / antique stores, which is its current state.

EE565D53-F846-4419-A098-F6AEA3275435.jpeg

ADE5E450-C44C-4824-93DA-B7B259A171B2.jpeg

Thanks for the update on the fate of the dealership. It's amazing how those things change. I can tell you since I bought my '86 Trans Am in November of '85, how drastically my local dealership changed in downtown Davison Michigan.

The dealership was called Belford Buick-Pontiac-GMC at the time. It sat at the corner of the main intersection in town, M-15 (State St) and Davison Rd/Flint St. This is where I ordered and took delivery of the Trans Am. A couple of years later the name changed to Jim Waldron Buick-Pontiac-GMC (the Belford family sold out to Jim Waldron). Shortly there after, Jim purchased some land 2 miles to the south on M-15, closer to the I-69 expressway and he built a new state of the art dealership there. He was pretty much land locked where he was downtown.

About 5-6 years after the shutting down of Pontiac, Jim Waldron sold his dealership to Grand Rapids-based mega dealer Todd Wenzel. The building has also had a slight facade change in line with GM's latest dealership mandates. The old downtown dealership building was razed to make way for a new grocery store, bank, and a small strip mall.

If the name Jim Waldron is a little familiar to you, it should be. He was the guy that wanted to buy Pontiac and GM wouldn't sell it to him. One of these days I need to interview that man and find out what happened - from his perspective.

• Like 2

Thanks for your interest and comments Frosty.

I do remember the Jim Waldron attempt to buy Pontiac and was hoping that he would acquire it and do the things with the brand to make them sporty and relevant that GM would not let them do.

I for one would like to hear his story on his attempt and also his plans for Pontiac if it had gone through.

As would I. That's why I would like to interview him. His son owns property in town so I might be able to talk to him first and get introduced to his dad that way.

My personal theory as to why GM didn't want to sell Pontiac, but wanted to sell Saab, Saturn, and Hummer, was that Pontiac was much more vertically integrated with Buick, Chevrolet, and Cadillac engineering and operations at the time than those other three brands were. GM would have had to expend a lot more time (and money) figuring out who was a "Pontiac" employee vs a GM employee and what faculties could be considered "Pontiac". It was a whole lot easier to do for Saab, Saturn, and Hummer. In the end, they only sold Saab (sort of). The rest were all folded up and closed down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

The Chevy dealership is right across the street from Maddens.  Some of the best sand Volleyball you can play in SE Michigan.  Many hours spent there and a few $$$$ made on CASH nite.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

It's up the street a little way's from the old Pontiac dealership Kiwi. That's Hank Graff Chevrolet, they've been in business for over 100 years in Davison. That's the Chevy dealership that my son is working at currently as an assistant salesman.

The old Pontiac dealership was on the very corner where the bank/credit union is today.

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

The Chevy dealership is right across the street from Maddens.  Some of the best sand Volleyball you can play in SE Michigan.  Many hours spent there and a few $$$$ made on CASH nite.😎

How well I know Madden's.....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The witer of this article is Jeff Denison, a retired GM designer and former POCI member. I've know Jeff for years. He has a gorgeous '69 Warwick blue GTIO Judge and a restored '71 Trans Am, restored by Scott Tiemann. Jeff is definitely a Pontiac enthusiast. He has become a Pontiac lecturer since his retirement, appearing at various Pontiac events around the country.

• Like 1