Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What model/year is this Pontiac?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hi, welcome to FP.

Can you try re-loading your photograph as either a JPG,PNG, or some other graphic format. I am unable to open this phonograph with the HEIC data type.

Ringo, can you help?

Guessing....71/72 Bonneville.   Pic's of the rear end would be helpful.  Rear door window slopes up sharply above doorhandle.  Not sure about piller post.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

Thank you Ringo. 

I don't think it is a Bonneville. The reason I say so is that the front fender cutout for the lights/grill is a lot deeper, as in toward the tire, on the Bonneville. Possibly 5-6 inches, where the same spot in the picture looks to be about 2-3 inches. Hence my thought of the chrome around the Parisienne's headlights. Also, the vertical body line on the fender is touching the same area in the picture, while being separated by another 4-5 inches on the Bonnevilles.

One thing throwing me off, is that there is a hole for a marker light on the same fender. I haven't seen pictures of any vehicles with marker lights there. I do know it was a Pontiac, but while searching the entire car, was only able to find Pontiac logos and none of the model. 

• Like 2

1969 Pontiac VIN....

223679N105××××××

First digit 

2 = Pontiac

2nd..3rd..digits

23= Firebird

33= Tempest

35= Custom S

37= LeMans

39= Tempest Safari

42= GTO

52= Catalina

56= Executive 

62= Bonneville 

76= Gand Prix

Fourth and fifth digits 

27= 2 dr Sport Coupe

35,36=station Wagon (2 seat)

37= Hardtop Sport coupe

39= 4dr hardtop

46= Station Wagon (3 seat)

57= Hardtop coupe

67= Convertible 

69= 4dr sedan

Sixth digit..

9= model year (1969)

7th digit = assembly plant

1= Oshawa,Ont...Canada

A= Atlanta Ga.

B= Baltimore MD..

C= Southgate,Ca

E= Linden, NJ..

G= Framington,MA

L= Van Nuys, CA

N= Norwood, OH

P= Pontiac, Mich..

R=Arlington, TX

U=Lordstown OH..

X= Kansas City, KS

Z= Fremont, Ca..

Last six digits....

1=V8. Then the rest of digits=Sequence #s

2=six cyl..sequence #s

Hope maybe this will help satisfy your curiosity....

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 10:13 AM, PumbaaToots said:

Hey everyone, first post here. So I found this Pontiac years ago in a parts yard and thought it was so cool I had to take a picture. From what research I have done, I'm thinking it is a '69 Parisienne, but I'm not 100% positive on it. Anyone have an opinion?  Unfortunately I only have the one picture. 

20191111_152626.jpg

20191111_152626.heic 2.47 MB · 6 downloads

Yea! JustA saw this! If you’re speaking of the blue car in the picture? That’s not a Pontiac! That a Chrysler! Pontiac never built anything that had a rear quarter rear door configuration that had that kind of sharp body line turn down! Only Lincoln, Ford & Chrysler. And of the three I only remember Chrysler having an individual stand alone turn signal side marker that high up in the front fender!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

Upon further review after looking at the picture closer...

I am 100% sure....The car in question is a 1969 Buick Lesabre....

The chrome trim (Buick portholes)  on the fender is what gave it away...

Looked on line..Typed in 1969 Buick Lesabre and found some pics that matched up perfectly...But I couldn't figure out how to download it to my phone and then post it here...

As I am an old guy and not really computer savvy.....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1