Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Let’s see all those shiny reflections!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

12 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Daaaaaaaasyuuuuummmm! That’s is some nice finish! Great job!

Plus nice, Whitesnake 

beavis and butthead ac dc t-shirt GIF

That’s hilarious! :rofl: I forgot all about sound! I always have my sound off, so I didn’t listen to any of them in playback with sound!

And yes! I am so old that I am one of the original headbangers! Most folks only know of Whitesnake from the big hair era, but they came out long before then! I knew of Coverdale from his Deep Purple days. Most think of heavy metal as Metallica and the like, but the first actually Heavy Metal band was Steppenwolf!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founders

Definitely a Classic Rock fan here, pretty much all I listen to. Born in the 80s, can't stand any modern music. Tom Petty and the Heartbreaks are by far my favorite band. 

Haven't dug too deep with Whitesnake but know all the popular ones. Steppenwolf was overplayed on the radio here when I spent a lot of my time commuting in college between work/school/home so I literally cringe now when Magic Carpet Ride or Born to be Wild comes on the radio :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Definitely a Classic Rock fan here, pretty much all I listen to. Born in the 80s, can't stand any modern music. Tom Petty and the Heartbreaks are by far my favorite band. 

Haven't dug too deep with Whitesnake but know all the popular ones. Steppenwolf was overplayed on the radio here when I spent a lot of my time commuting in college between work/school/home so I literally cringe now when Magic Carpet Ride or Born to be Wild comes on the radio :lol: 

I can understand that! My wife used to cringe when I would play Boston! Same deal, I played them non-stop when they came out. The ultimate gunslinger band sound! You know multiple guitars playing in harmony! She’s over that now though!

Love Tom Petty, and pretty much any kind of music! Rock, blues, classical, some country, some of the Seattle sound, but metal always moved my soul, kind of like a beautifully designed car that looks good standing still, but when you get in and it goes from 0 to 100 and back to 0 through a road course, WOW! Kind of like that!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1

• Founders
1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

My wife used to cringe when I would play Boston! Same deal, I played them non-stop when they came out.

I am really surprised this is not my girlfriend with Tom Petty yet. Every road trip, the iPod gets set on TPATH random :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Last Indian said:

I can understand that! My wife used to cringe when I would play Boston! Same deal, I played them non-stop when they came out. The ultimate gunslinger band sound! You know multiple guitars playing in harmony! She’s over that now though!

Love Tom Petty, and pretty much any kind of music! Rock, blues, classical, some country, some of the Seattle sound, but metal always moved my soul, kind of like a beautifully designed car that looks good standing still, but when you get in and it goes from 0 to 100 and back to 0 through a road course, WOW! Kind of like that!

Boston for the win.....  Van Halen, Aerosmith, BTO, Foreigner.......the list goes on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Boston for the win.....  Van Halen, Aerosmith, BTO, Foreigner.......the list goes on.

I can agree with a Boston for the win or is it Foreigner well maybe Deep Purple, no no it’s Lynard Skynard, oh oh I know Giant! Oh crap! To quote Barbarino; I’m so confused!🤪

9 hours ago, Last Indian said:

I can agree with a Boston for the win or is it Foreigner well maybe Deep Purple, no no it’s Lynard Skynard, oh oh I know Giant! Oh crap! To quote Barbarino; I’m so confused!🤪

Got to be led zep for me guys.sorry:cheers:

black dog 

all of my love

Kashmir

but i fancy a bit of free bird from time too time:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Got to be led zep for me guys.sorry:cheers:

black dog 

all of my love

Kashmir

but i fancy a bit of free bird from time too time:cheers:

Ahh yes, some led for the head! Metal Blues! I saw Zeppelin in 1969 at Cleveland Public Hall with Grand Funk as the opening act! Best concert I ever saw, and I’ve seen many. 
For me; I don’t know how you grow up in the era that started with the Beatles and basically ended with the exit of the 80s, and pick a favorite? I know I can’t! My wife can! The Beatles! Hands down for her no one else compares, but she’s a girl who saw them at Cleveland stadium! You know that scene! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Ahh yes, some led for the head! Metal Blues! I saw Zeppelin in 1969 at Cleveland Public Hall with Grand Funk as the opening act! Best concert I ever saw, and I’ve seen many. 
For me; I don’t know how you grow up in the era that started with the Beatles and basically ended with the exit of the 80s, and pick a favorite? I know I can’t! My wife can! The Beatles! Hands down for her no one else compares, but she’s a girl who saw them at Cleveland stadium! You know that scene! 

i know what your Wife means Last indian! 

i got to see Paul mccartney live in concert last year in Auckland and man!! what a power house that guy is!

30 songs over 3 hours non stop, and he is no spring chicken!:bowdown:i was sooo impressed 

a true entertainer for the old school :dancingpontiac:

Wish I had the Dream Cruise footage from local Tv station that stopped me.  Set up in front of the car and used my 1 way mirror headlight covers to capture the north bound lanes of cruisers.  They then backed out of the headlight cover, revealing the front end of my Sunbird, had me raise N lower the hood with the hydraulic's while the reporter asked a few questions.  Had no idea what they had done until I got to work the next day.  Everyone was talkin about it,   but did anybody record it for me?  NOPE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Wish I had the Dream Cruise footage from local Tv station that stopped me.  Set up in front of the car and used my 1 way mirror headlight covers to capture the north bound lanes of cruisers.  They then backed out of the headlight cover, revealing the front end of my Sunbird, had me raise N lower the hood with the hydraulic's while the reporter asked a few questions.  Had no idea what they had done until I got to work the next day.  Everyone was talkin about it,   but did anybody record it for me?  NOPE.

What year was that? What tv station? Might be able to dig it up, you never know!

Must of been really cool! 

3 hours ago, Last Indian said:

What year was that? What tv station? Might be able to dig it up, you never know!

Must of been really cool! 

Must have been around 2002 or so.  It was channel 5 live broadcast for the 6pm news Lansing.  I never got to see it.  

9 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Thought you guys might like this! This reflection pic is of the arrowhead necklace I have worn since 1977, never take it off! I’ve worn an arrowhead necklace since I was 17, but this one I made in 1977 from 99.9 % silver! 

See I’ve been a Poncho guy forever! I guess it was meant for there to be a Forever Pontiac and for me to be here!🤪

5494893A-EF84-4C13-A9E9-D0A4F3D3A69E.jpeg

For  a guy who has spent his life in the oil industry, your truly a metal man.:dancingpontiac:

that Arrow head is sooo cool:cheers:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

For  a guy who has spent his life in the oil industry, your truly a metal man.:dancingpontiac:

that Arrow head is sooo cool:cheers:

Yes, but remember I was the mechanical/application engineer or whatever else it took to do the hardware side of things.

While the downward pointing arrowhead is a favorite of mine. As I said I’ve worn it as I said since 17! That reason? While in the “60s” and some of the “70s” the ☮️  symbol was popular, the arrowhead pointing down in the Indian culture means peace! 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:35 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Must have been around 2002 or so.  It was channel 5 live broadcast for the 6pm news Lansing.  I never got to see it.  

Not looking good buddy! Nothing so far!😭

On 9/6/2020 at 11:35 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Which Channel 5 are you thinking of JUSTA? WNEM out of Flint/Saginaw or WLAJ "the CW" out Lansing/Jackson?

56 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Which Channel 5 are you thinking of JUSTA? WNEM out of Flint/Saginaw or WLAJ "the CW" out Lansing/Jackson?

Justa remember the 5 on the side of the camera.  WNEM is all I knew about,  Flintstones and some workers were from Lansing area told me about the story.

Hey you thinkin about the Widetracker meeting or Golling show?

Edited by JUSTA6

I hadn't thought about the Widetrackers meeting, but I think I'd like to go. The boss is away all weekend, so I have a weekend pass. I just have to take care of the dog, unless the kid comes home from college for the weekend.

I definitely want to do the Golling show. It will essentially be the last show of the year for most of us.

Edited by Frosty