Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The09GXP Progression thread

Lack of aftermarket support, the cars fall apart almost instantly around themselves. Just over all the stupid issues with it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Some people have had great luck with the car and some have had lots of issues with them. It's kinda funny..... I'm glad mine has held up well and I'm one of the guys that yes more aftermarket would be nice but it doesn't kill it for me.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jgqjps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Founders

Some people have had great luck with the car and some have had lots of issues with them. It's kinda funny..... I'm glad mine has held up well and I'm one of the guys that yes more aftermarket would be nice but it doesn't kill it for me.

Same here. I've come to terms with the aftermarket support on the G6, another reason why I got a Camaro. Still can't seem to let the G6 go though just something about it :)

I wish I had the money to blow I would snag the rims & tired off you. They would look bad ass on my coupe!¡!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hf1jqe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I might have accidentally listed the wheels forsale locally. Whoops........

i'm gonna keep mine i have had no issues with it and with the lack of aftermarket gives me more reward when people say thats a nice looking, sounding and performing car

Not selling the wheels, they're the only ones that I have for the car.

Should have kept the stock ones handy. :lol2:

Now I just need to redo the grill mesh, thinking a semi gloss black. Hoping the sheen will hide the plastics behind the mesh. I also need to drop it down a little more. I wish I was good with body work as I would love to get a Evo8 hood scoop and graft into the hood.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey just thought I would update as I haven't been here in a while. While we still have the GXP I have a new project now. The 08 G6 GT was traded off for a 09 Ford Mustang. The GT was just giving too many issues and was coming up on the end of it's warranty. The GXP is somewhat demodded, it's back on stock wheels, stock intake. Still has the exhaust, lowering springs, and some other small things.

But here is the new project.

Fresh from the dealer

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

As it currently sits.

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

Here is a vid of the exhaust I put on it which was a Dynomax catback with ultraflo mufflers and a X-pipe

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1fVGaFq04o