Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

MTZVibe Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I use LEDs, don't have to worry as much about them breaking :lol2: And I would have to agree with you and say wiring any body lighting is a major pain...

i actually wanted to use LED but I have only broken 1 neon in 1yr. not bad at all if i may say. :cheers:

I am thinking of ordering the LED dancing light kit with remote. just dont want to have to wire all this crap again. lol

thnx for the compliment man!

i wish i wouldn't have to spend $5,000 for a SC if not, i would do it. the turbo kit is about $1500 but not installed, tuned, no injectors, etc.

i would really like to do that in the future but for now, i think im going to go with 550cc injectors, 2.5" custom exaust, injen or fujita CAI. just start with that. I found out that the header/exaust manifold is the same size as the aftermarket so i don't want to touch those. I do have an extra exaust manifold in case needed. :lol2:

I am concentrating more on show then go at this point because of the fact that I am going to be purchasing another 1g DSM. if that doesn't happen, expect some major mods to the vibe. lol

screw it. just be cheap and buy those cheap lil strobes from autozone and wire them up. lol

:D Have you seen the UFO series at all? If not, google them, I think you will be pleasantly surprised :lol2:

so i decided to get more parts for my money instead of buying a hood.

Next on the list is Fujita CAI, 2.5" custom exaust with custom CF muffler, Megan Racing blue billet strut bar.

still trying to figure out what else im going to want. lol

CF Muffler?

149qzxs.gif

I'd be different, and since there's space under there for it, use a crossflow muffler. IE, single inlet, dual outlet. It sits transversely, so you'll get dual tips out back.

If you want nice sound without being loud, the OEM style Camaro/Firebird mufflers sound great. Both the V6 and V8 model mufflers will work.

Lizzy has one on her GA, the Ecotec sounds great combined with the intake.

the only reason i wouldn't go dual is because i have heard this motor with a dual exaust on the RKSport sponsored vibe and didn't like it. they used magnaflow mufflers too and it looks clean as hell. i personally am a person who would only go dual for v6 and higher and stay with single for 4cyl so i can get a consistent air flow to the rear without all the curves and bends. :woot: thats just my opinion.

thnx for the advice though, i might consider the mufflers but want to make sure that the inlet is 2.5" on the mufflers you are speaking of.

oh yeah. and the CF muffler. this is what it looks like. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

it'll flush into the rear and the burnt tip will come out and even out with the back bumper. i hate mufflers that stick out further than the bumpers. just looks like something someone can jump on and snap your exaust off.

A crossflow muffler is one muffler, but you get dual exhaust from.

It sits sideways, single in, dual out.

flowmaster.jpg

This is the FM 80 style, but the OEM F-body type is quiet, but loud when you want it to be. The V8 model is 2.5" inlet, 2.25" outlets.

*EDIT*

I saw the link.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Please, no.

' date='Feb 8 2010, 09:47 AM' post='9551']

A crossflow muffler is one muffler, but you get dual exhaust from.

It sits sideways, single in, dual out.

flowmaster.jpg

This is the FM 80 style, but the OEM F-body type is quiet, but loud when you want it to be. The V8 model is 2.5" inlet, 2.25" outlets.

*EDIT*

I saw the link.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Please, no.

so with that cross flow, i wouldn't lose any power? bcuz i want the proper exaust out with gaining power instead of losing. i know if i were to go 3", my car would run like crap. lol

Nope. Your back pressure will be fine. If anything then, stick with a V6 model, it's 2.25" inlet.

Old pic, but here you'll get an idea on how the muffler looks installed:

MyGrandAm327.jpg

That was about 10 months ago. :woot: