Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

It's been 9 Years Since GM Announced Pontiac's Death

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 3 weeks later...

Mary is doing a good job with GM but she is not trying to attract its disenfranchised customers like Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn and Saab owners. GM has become a much smaller, leaner, more profitable company by having fewer divisional mouths to feed. In addition to getting rid of Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn and Saab, GM has recently sold or shut down Holden (manufacturing at least), Open/Vauxhall, GM India, and GM South Africa. GM South Korea (former Daewoo) has been put on notice to get profitable or else. GM Argentina is shut down indefinitely for political and economic reasons.

So GM has decided they don't need to be a "global" company by having a global presence everywhere. This frees up tons of cash the company will need for R&D for the electric / autonomous vehicle revolution. 

That said, Mary has said her two favorite cars are the Camaro and Firebird.

Yeah, I wish she'd bring something back, but I doubt she / GM ever will. They are making too much profit now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Who's car made October in this years calendar???  I expect to see something from you!!!  Congrat's on making the awesome calendar this year.   Who is hanging on everyones wall right now as last years winner of the October spot?? Hmmm need to see you too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Ringo64 featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been longer than that now that we are almost banging doors with 2024. Mary won't bring Pontiac back. They tried with the GTO but it wasn't what buyers wanted. Heck, they killed off the Camaro now also. But charging $70,000+ for a pickup is just not cutting it. If you put a diesel engine in it the bill gets pretty close or exceeds $80,000.

That's a lot of money for something that will only get around 20 mpg or less. Where GM needs to spend money is on automatic transmission R&D. No power when you need to pass someone without it dropping down and engine races to 4,000 rpm. You still don't get enough power to cleanly pass on a two lane highway. I have driven 2024 Chevy 3500, 2500 and 1500 Silverado. C'mon GM, you can do better and not charge so damn much.

• Like 1

I don't see that happening, sadly. Assuming that the new UAW contract is ratified, this gives GM and the other automakers license to up prices even more. It's getting to the point that their own employees cannot afford the products they make.

• Like 1

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I don't see that happening, sadly. Assuming that the new UAW contract is ratified, this gives GM and the other automakers license to up prices even more. It's getting to the point that their own employees cannot afford the products they make.

Kind of a double-edged sword there for those employees that want to buy GM.

• Like 1

• Ringo64 unfeatured this topic