Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

new car ideas

Sam

If you have been keeping up with my fml tthread you will see that my trans am will be sold as of Friday. So I am looking for something around 8k or less. Ideally something fun but dependable.....

So suggestions please.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

G6 GT, reliable plus is fun but not WS6 fun.

Back to a Grand Am?

G5, Cobalt, Monte Carlo, Impala, Malibu, Aura...

All mid range cars that are still fun to drive and can find good deals on.

ill be the first to ask, what are you looking for specifically? do you want a vehicle that can just be your daily or do you want a vehicle that you can eventually deck out once you have some money? do you want to stay with GM or do you want to move away from GM?

we can only suggest but the choice is up to you. unless you want to buy a geo for now and then upgrade later. :P the geo thing is a joke. lol

I wish you lived near me I would hook you up with a car. Good luck with your search. :P

+03 GA's can be had for cheap. Private sellers keep the price low on them.

There's always the Delta platform too: IE the Chevy Cobalt, Saturn Ion, Pontiac G5.

W-body Impalas are dirt cheap as well, and you can easily find one with L36 power. And we all know because of the L67 the potential that motor has. Base models have LA1 power, so if you miss your GA too. :P

You could even stay F-body, 98-02 L36 powered models are sold on the cheap, and you can still have fun.

Of course, you could always go import, +03 Accords come with a variant of the K20, so fun could be had once you land on some extra cash, and they're just stupidly reliable for miles on end.

' date='Jul 14 2010, 07:06 AM' post='32591']

+03 GA's can be had for cheap. Private sellers keep the price low on them.

There's always the Delta platform too: IE the Chevy Cobalt, Saturn Ion, Pontiac G5.

W-body Impalas are dirt cheap as well, and you can easily find one with L36 power. And we all know because of the L67 the potential that motor has. Base models have LA1 power, so if you miss your GA too. :)

You could even stay F-body, 98-02 L36 powered models are sold on the cheap, and you can still have fun.

Of course, you could always go import, +03 Accords come with a variant of the K20, so fun could be had once you land on some extra cash, and they're just stupidly reliable for miles on end.

03 accords i believe come with a k24. if you get one, go with a k20 head and you will be pusshin more hp than with the k24 head. :cheers:

anyways, i can make suggestions all day but what do you feel comfortable with? american or import?

Honestly anything...

I'm looking between 91-93 accords to lt1 camaros and t/a's to try and keep some sort of fun.

I would really like something that I can mod a little bit and will be fun.

Hell I'm confusing myself lol

Like I have found an 05 GTP with 70k miles for $7,500 that i'm going to look at.

Love the Bonnie GXPs. Yeah the miles are pretty high, but if you can talk him down a bit, I'd say it's worth it.

Talked to the guy. Says the car is MINT......MINT......MINT....

Currently at a detailer to get it perfect. 90% hwy miles and hell its a northstar v8 so its got alot left in it. He says he owns a small trucking company and one of his trucks is down and needs the money to get it fixed so he is selling this.

Having my dad go check it out for me friday and if this car is what he says it is....I very well might pick this up.

Currently at a detailer to get it perfect. 90% hwy miles and hell its a northstar v8 so its got alot left in it. He says he owns a small trucking company and one of his trucks is down and needs the money to get it fixed so he is selling this.

Having my dad go check it out for me friday and if this car is what he says it is....I very well might pick this up.

good luck man

Not a Northstar, but an LS4. Same motor in the GXP GP, and Impala SS models.

Either way, I LOVE these cars. DOO EET.

• Founders

good luck man

:)

That Bonnie should be good thing, I've never liked the body style of it though just something about it but I do have to say that it will be a good car and quite some fun,

If you get the VIN# I can run its warranty history. That will tell you a lot more.

Those Bonnies are nice its like driving your sofa down the road. If it has the HUD i have heard they are a pricey repair but most people just use the dash once it goes down.

I did quite a bit of research last night and really haven't found any bad complaints other than neglect. Really don't mind the heads up display. Can't say I have ever really seen it in person. But I have been negotiating with the guy so we will see.