Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

A Possible 2018 GTO? Whats your thoughts?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Looks kind of like a G8 with a grille and the back looks straight like an old Malibu. :D 

Grille seems to far up IMO but that is just how things are today.

• Like 1

But do you like it? Would it be something that would stir your emotions enough to consider buying one? Is this the Retro GTO that Bob Lutz should have pushed thru instead of the Austrailian model in 2004?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 360Rocket said:

But do you like it? Would it be something that would stir your emotions enough to consider buying one? Is this the Retro GTO that Bob Lutz should have pushed thru instead of the Austrailian model in 2004?

Agreed..... Never understood why they didn't give it a reto look.  As everything went to the G platform.  Why not make it the G10???  We forgot to cross the T in GTO.:lol:  I like it.

Edited by JUSTA6

• Founders
7 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Agreed..... Never understood why they didn't give it a reto look

The Holden Monaroo GTO came before the big retro craze with the Mustang, Camaro, Charger... Might have been if Pontiac kept on or at least a Firebird

I like the Holden personally. This I like the idea of the grille but the rest is not jiving with me.

2 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

The Holden Monaroo GTO came before the big retro craze with the Mustang, Camaro, Charger... Might have been if Pontiac kept on or at least a Firebird

I like the Holden personally. This I like the idea of the grille but the rest is not jiving with me.

Maybe it has 66 taillights.:wub:

and a VOE (aka electric cutout) exhaust, maybe a digital hood tach or the HUD?

Edited by 360Rocket
  • Like 1

I give it a 'D'. It is an attempt but misses the mark in a several ways.

1. To JUSTA's point, need the turn signals in the grille. A definite miss.

2. Need to carry the lower chrome trim line a little thicker at the bottom of the grille, given the massive amounts of chrome the '66 sports. Too little chrome at the bottom.

3. Need to chrome accent around the headlights too.

4. Loose the damn air exhaust/exchange cut out in the fender. Reminds me too much of the G8 and Trans Am. GTOs did't need this in '66.

5. Wheels I can't make out but they sure don't look like a modern interpretation of a Rally II or anything else Pontiac would have done.

6. While I accept the fact this is a modern car with retro styling, there is definitely no homage to the classic coke bottle shape in the rear quarters. The '99 Concept GTO understood this much better.

7. The doors and rear quarters appear to have a concave look ala the modern Dodge Charger. Not sure if that is shadows causing that or that styleline is actually there. Point is, I don't it should be there period, the lines should be simple.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

To me, it’s an abortion. Cadillac front end, Buick LaCrosse upper body line from the doors back, Vette mirrors. The lower section between the wheels looks like the new Camaro and the grille might resemble the old goat grille, but it sure doesn’t fit that cars styling!😬 Really bad!! Dare I say the G8 looked better!

• Like 1

The G8 did look better. It had nothing, in the Pontiac styling book, it needed to play off except perhaps the traditional split grille.

• Founders
4 hours ago, Frosty said:

The G8 did look better. It had nothing, in the Pontiac styling book, it needed to play off except perhaps the traditional split grille.

About the only thing all Pontiacs post 1990 maybe earlier had, no?

Like it..Would really really like it...If they offer a base stripper no power accesories....hand crank Windows..no cruise..no power door locks...no navigation or other unneccasary electronics ..A.C. delete..ETC..must have the top dog engine though with manual trans....basic cloth interior....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP

• Founders
44 minutes ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Like it..Would really really like it...If they offer a base stripper no power accesories....hand crank Windows..no cruise..no power door locks...no navigation or other unneccasary electronics ..A.C. delete..ETC..must have the top dog engine though with manual trans....basic cloth interior....

Even the Camaro doesn't have those option deletes so unfortunately, it's asking a lot lol

We can still dream.....The last real base strippers were the 1LE camaro and formula firebirds..from the late 90s.. Had to do a central office production order (COPO) to get one...They are extremly rare..They were available from around 1988 to 1999..from GM..The 1LE SLP cars are a completely different animal and used the 1LE moniker under license from GM...No more than 20 firebirds were produced in any given year and less than 100 per year for the camaro.... Most of them were never titled and went straight to the track..to race in the stock showroom classes in the SCCA...GM had to make them available to the public to homogulate them for racing in those classes...Chevrolet advertised them as four Konis..(the double adjustable shocks) in a plain brown wrapper...Trust me.... They are without a doubt.. Street legal HARDCORE factory track cars...

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP