Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

I have not been on here in a LONG time. So to prove I am still alive, I will be dropping off some photos of the Sunfire, I still have it :rofl:

100_3297.jpg

100_3300.jpg

100_3230.jpg

100_2402.jpg

100_3168.jpg?t=1311433795

100_3449.jpg

Stuff done so far:

For starters, I had to borrow valid's stock tail lights because my TYC's are being customized and fitted with LEDs, so I am borrowing hers in the meantime.

Teaser of the LED:

IMG_20110825_201632.jpg

Engine:

Thrush Turbo Muffler

Cosmo Racing Intake

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

Gloss Black 03-05 Cavalier LSS Wheels

Exterior:

6000k HID Low Beam Lights

Clear Front Sidemarkers

Clear Rear Sidemarkers

Cool Blue LED License Plate Bulbs

Luminics Yellow 880 Bulb Foglights

Cool White LED Reverse Lights

Blue LED Trunk Light

TYC Tail Lights

Shorty Antenna

Red LED Sidemarker Lights

Interior:

1 Super Bright LEDS LED Dome Light (Blue)

1 Super Bright LEDS LED Trunk Light (Blue)

B&M Racing Short Shifter

Blue HVAC Knobs

Audio:

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Headunit

10" Kicker CompVR

JBL 600.1 Amp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I figured she was still active on here... I talk to her almost daily on our club site, I will have to get her back on here.

• Founders

I figured she was still active on here... I talk to her almost daily on our club site, I will have to get her back on here.

Yeah get her back :rofl:

Ok maybe a bit should be defined as maybe 2-3 weeks lol so she's still active but it's been a "bit" lol

lol! Will do!

Edit: I'm going to go outside and take photos of the car in more detail, those are pictures ranging from a week old, to a month :/

girls!? Uhm I mean yeah, bring valid back.

I think sunfires are great looking little cars. They have a unique design, same reason why I like the Aztek (haters gon hate)

I was pre-occupied with some house stuff so I haven't taken the photos yet, will do that now.

I used to really dislike the Aztek when it first came out, but then I rode in one (not sure what trim it was, but it had all the bells and whistles and the HUD on the windshield), and then drove it, and I fell in love with the features and the layout.

EDIT: Alright as promised, the car sits as of now:

100_3577.jpg

2.2L Ecotec with the Cosmo short ram intake.

100_3582.jpg

The B&M short shifter, kinda blurry, I can take a side profile shot so you guys/gals can get a idea on how low it sits (not terribly low).

100_3583.jpg

The HVAC knobs that are tintied blue. I plan on doing a set in red, I want to change my blue led dome light out for a red one to match the gauges and everything else.

100_3589.jpg

The blue dome light LED.

100_3596.jpg

Interior, needs a GOOD cleaning.

100_3600.jpg

The Sub, seeing I sometimes use the trunk to haul car cleaning stuff, I have it moved to the side in case I need too, otherwise it sits in the middle.

100_3599.jpg

Also, I have the amp drilled to the back of the rear seat to help with saving space, lots of wires too, the sub helps hide them.

100_3597.jpg

LED Brake lights for the 3rd brake light.

100_3595.jpg

Red LED in the rear clear sidemarker, really bright at night.

100_3594.jpg

Replaced the old cracked arrowhead with one from a Grand Prix at a salvage yard, direct fit, I rushed mine so its a bit crooked...

100_3593.jpg

Chrome Steal Amber bulbs.

100_3592.jpg

6000k 35w HIDs and Yellow Fog lights (non HID)

100_3590.jpg

Cool white LED license plate lights.

100_3588.jpg

Cool white reverse lights.

100_3586.jpg

Sitting.

100_3585.jpg

Rear angle, the wheels are from a 03-05 Cavalier LS, when I got the wheels they were in rough shape so a friend painted them for me, I will be getting rid of them in the spring (they were spray painted, so the paint does last long, unless a friend of mine can re-do them and powder coat them).

girls!? Uhm I mean yeah, bring valid back.

I think sunfires are great looking little cars. They have a unique design, same reason why I like the Aztek (haters gon hate)

OH HERRO. I love Azteks. No hating here! Primarily love, yes.

I used to really dislike the Aztek when it first came out, but then I rode in one (not sure what trim it was, but it had all the bells and whistles and the HUD on the windshield), and then drove it, and I fell in love with the features and the layout.

And whoooooooose Aztek did you drive, hmmm?

FYI, The only trim level option available for an Aztek was the Rally edition, and of course AWD or FWD. My dad's literally has every option on it but a block heater. Now that we have a lift my dad will be repairing the differential and maybe I'll get to drive it again this winter!?

EDIT: PS, I like your car, stranger :rofl: Oh, and where'd you get that sub and amp?

Nice. Glad to see it's still kickin' and you're still working on it! :) It's looking good.

On the topic of Azteks (lol)... my friend used to have one and he loved it. I still think it's an ugly car, and there is probably better stuff out now, but at the time it came out it had some pretty cool features and for a family vehicle it was actually very useful. He loved how much storage space it had and how easy it was to clean everything. Useful when you have a bunch of messy kids like him. hehe

OH HERRO. I love Azteks. No hating here! Primarily love, yes.

And whoooooooose Aztek did you drive, hmmm?

FYI, The only trim level option available for an Aztek was the Rally edition, and of course AWD or FWD. My dad's literally has every option on it but a block heater. Now that we have a lift my dad will be repairing the differential and maybe I'll get to drive it again this winter!?

EDIT: PS, I like your car, stranger :) Oh, and where'd you get that sub and amp?

Haha, the Aztek was your Dad's, and I drove it for 5 feet lol!

And you know who I am lol, the sub and amp was yours lol!

• Founders

Very nice, the only thing I have to say about it are those AC control knobs, they might look cool at night but during the day they just look cheesey IMO. I've never been a fan of that plastic though, take what you will from this lol.

Well I have a set of black rubber ones too, that came out of a Cavalier, there pretty easy to switch out, it just depends on the mood I am in :).

:'(

We'll see what happens next year. :)

I will try and get some nice shots of the lights at night, none of them turned out, but I played with my exposure settings on my camera and captured my dome light LED:

100_3605.jpg

:'(

We'll see what happens next year. :)

Lol, Morgan, you know we're not being critical. It's just a fact of life that stock ride height on a Sunfire is a pile of garbage!

In other news, what's Jeff's progress looking like with the taillights? I know he's moving this weekend so it's probably on hold but I want to seeee themmmmmmm!

Hahaha, I know. Thats why I am going to leave me car at your house, and Xena is coming with me bwahaha.

As for the tail lights, no updates whatsoever. All I know is that he has lights and the LEDs. The wait is killing me, but I will have to wait until he is done moving I suppose.

I can understand that some people dislike the TYC tails :lol: . I got them for a straight up trade for my set of dark tinted stock lenses, so I took advantage of the deal, plus I didn't want to copy anyone else's ideas, which is why I am having a friend of mine and valid's modify them to look different, and hopefully better, and if it works according to plan, they will be tinted so no one will know the difference.

Anyhow, So I got "stopped" by a cop, and got soaked for these this morning:

100_3685.jpg

100_3687.jpg

100_3690.jpg

100_3691.jpg

100_3693.jpg

100_3696.jpg

100_3702.jpg

100_3705.jpg

100_3723.jpg

100_3728.jpg

100_3729.jpg

100_3730.jpg

100_3736.jpg

100_3754.jpg

I live in a small town a hour north of Madison, Wi. At night its a ghost town, only headlights I see at night are cops usually. Its a town that for the most part hasn't been updated for quite a few years, lots of old buildings (I think one has a date of 1899 on it) and lighting fixtures all over town. The one thing I wish they DIDN'T update was the road that I took pictures on, it used to be a really cool brick road, but they re-paved it a few years ago. :lol:

EDIT:

I didn't want to double post so I will include this picture here:

100_3765.jpg

Took it this morning by a really old abandoned barn. :rofl:

EDIT: 2

So I was bored, and decided to see how easy/difficult it would be to take out my grill/signal lights. It wasn't so bad, but I have small hands for easy access in tight spaces:

100_3767.jpg

Super large epic air flow ftw!

100_3768.jpg

The turn signals are connected to the (unfortunately) gray plastic.

100_3770.jpg

Unless someone broke where the metal rod connects (I didn't do it, the previous owner did).

100_3771.jpg

The metal "rod".

100_3772.jpg

Metal "rod" on the broken assembly.

Now for some nasty crap that I NEED to fix:

100_3773.jpg

Horribly rusted beams that connect that assembly to the frame of the car.

100_3775.jpg

The little orange flakes that the Sylvania bulbs left 2 years ago when I took them out (talk about cheap bulbs, it was cheap tint that covered the bulbs, and it flaked like it had dandruff).

100_3776.jpg

DANDRUFF! :/

100_3777.jpg

All clean, used my Dad's rifle cleaning kit, a metal rod with cloth.

100_3778.jpg

Holding it in triumph!