Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I <3 Anti-Rice.com

Seriously, the crap that goes on...:lol2:

Okay, I find this terrible POS Scion tC on ChodeDomain, and make a thread on AR. About a page goes by, when a troll from ChodeDomain comes in to, well...troll. :P

Link:

"Hella Flush" tC: lawl

See on page two when the troll makes his appearence for massive lulz. :lol2:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL wow really that gy sucks at trolling hahaha. and what is with all those Decals on that POS I mean really

It's reffered to as "stickerbombing". Another idiotic trend of the modern day ricer.

Joe: Like my siggy over on AR? :lol2:

o my lordy. that scion looks like it has flowers for a damn lip. wtf?!?! honestly, hellaflush SUX! thats just my opinion about hellaflush. It looks retarded, its unsafe, and its just horrendously fugly.

oh... and that troll did come from cardomain so he just because another douche bag hypocritical jack off. lol. must be nice to own a riced out F&F white integra huh??? lmao.

just had to put my 2 cents in. :lol2:

' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:29 PM' post='37854']

Seriously, the crap that goes on...:lol2:

Okay, I find this terrible POS Scion tC on ChodeDomain, and make a thread on AR. About a page goes by, when a troll from ChodeDomain comes in to, well...troll. :P

Link:

"Hella Flush" tC: lawl

See on page two when the troll makes his appearence for massive lulz. :lol2:

hehe. you need to see my cardomain reply to the douche with the chameleon colored lowrider viper. hahahaha

its on your page. haha

OMG...

Just checked out the stance nation site... form>function?!?!?! WTF What a bunch of morons, I can't believe I have to share the road with people like that, Lord help us. :lol2:

Sadly, this is what our generation of car people find cool. :lol2:

Also, the trolls lurking and flaming on AR, they're from here:

www.squadronone.net

It's filled with these form over function faggots.

I wish I hadn't come into this thread.

Not because of the tC, but because of your attitudes toward it and similar cars.

Okay, he has decals. Big deal. I have some too, to represent individuals or groups who have helped me, or that I am a part of. The sticker bombed lip is just another way he's expressing himself through his car, and that's the entire point of modifying and personalizing cars anyway. Even if you don't like it, it's subjective. There is no way to prove that it's wrong or ugly because it all depends on individual tastes.

And hellaflush continues to be a huge debate between those who love it and those who hate it. There are varying degrees of it, from mild to extremely aggressive figments, and everyone has their own preference for where in the spectrum they think is the sweet spot. Extreme offsets and camber are not for everyone, but there is no denying that the proper stance can make or break a car.

The stretched tire fad is idiotic and unsafe, period.

It's real simple, want a 9" wide rim? Get a tire that actually fits the bead of the rim or don't use them on the damn car. What happens when they hit a pothole? Take a turn too fast? Not realize they're low on air? Not having the tire properly seated on the bead is unsafe, no matter what "trend" it's associated with it. And the fact that they openly say "Form > Function", they might as well say outright, their cars are rice.

Again, there are varying degrees. Everything from very minor stretches (Almost to the point of having none) to more extreme examples-all the way up to some that are in fact pushing it. However, not every single stretched tire is a ticking timebomb; as mentioned, there are cases where an individual chooses a mild stretch. I in fact will be one next year, I fully intend to have a very minor tire stretch on the wheels I choose, to get rid of the balooning sidewall.

I also have friends with mild tire stretches, who have been daily driving their cars for years (Edit: And tracking) with no issues. Day in day out, and nothing. It's all a matter of how far it's taken.

And so what if they say Form>Function? It's a saying they coined and it works. Not everyone is a diehard 'function' fan; to some, it's a fair trade-off to lose a little suspension travel or handling in order to get their car sitting how they like. I could see it being an issue on track cars, but for cars that don't have to be driven hard or daily, I see no harm.

The same could be said for many lowered cars, unless the suspension is being built for race duty, often the reason for lowering is aesthetics-lowered cars look better than those at stock height. However, the trade-off is reduced ground clearance. Some function is given up for some form. There will always be sacrifices made in instances like this, but it's not the end of the world.

the ballooning side wall is there to help dampen small bumps in the road with out it the ride will be vary rough/ harsh to the point of feeling like it has no suspention i would not recamend it for a daily driver or for a long drive

i am also an auto tech and from my stand point no matter how it looks it is unsafe the tire bead was not designed for that kind of force being put on it. it was designed to have it fully seat agianst the rim lip. i have seen the aftermath of even a small streach leaking air and being towed into the shop where we put the correct fitting tires on the car

like this??? lmao

Pimped_car.jpg

unfortunately, hellaflush is VERY unsafe. You are riding on the edge of one side of your tire. try braking hard on that my friend. You no longer have the grip that the tire is meant for therefor you are not going to have the DAILY performance that the tire is meant for. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. Especially those who drive in traffic DAILY and need to stop. Can you imagine how bad you would slide your car if you brake hard vs those who use their tires regularly? We are proving a point of safety and because these people don't think safe, one day, they could nail me with my children and could hurt my children. Just like stupid ricey street racers. another unsafe group of retards that can kill others for their stupid pleasures.

sticker bombing??? why not organize your stickers nice and neat like cars have been for the past several years??? makes it look like a floral design in my opinion. just doesn't make sense to do that. Then most of your stickers are covered by another so there is another "what's the point" for ya.

Honestly, stickerbombing reminds me of skaters, to which I hate with a passion (long story :lol2:)

Back to the stretched tires, I've had a lot of these kids with 240's, Scions, Civics, etc, ask for too small of a tire on a wide rim. I work with very, VERY experienced techs, and they all look at these kids like they're insane. And they all say the same thing, a stretched tire is unsafe, there is no "safe" amount of a stretch you can put. Any person that DD's this setup and hasn't had issues, is beyond lucky. It's unsafe for a reason.

I'll be glad when this highly illogical and unsafe trend blows over.

' date='Oct 5 2010, 09:07 AM' post='37955']

Honestly, stickerbombing reminds me of skaters

good observation! I can see that and :lol2: