Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Can 80 PSI Of Compressed Air Make This Pontiac Firebird Faster?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

14 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Makes me think of the 4 leaf blower H-body Jeff Lutz put together for some show.  YES it worked.

Makes me think they should try a physics class:rofl:

2 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Makes me think they should try a physics class:rofl:

Naw, that and common sense would spoil all the fun! Admit it, this is way more entertaining! :pop_corn:

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Naw, that and common sense would spoil all the fun! Admit it, this is way more entertaining! :pop_corn:

Duh, of course, way more!

It’s just what fool with a elementary school education would think volume they had, at the psi they had, delivered the way in which they delivered it would net anything but a negative result?!😳

The idea of delivering compressed air to engine without the use of power adder silly!

Remember episode 16 of Roadkill?  Leaf-Blower Supercharging a 1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder! 

Or Episode 57 - The Boast Caboose?

When I watch stuff like this, my automotive failures don't look that bad. Definitely not so spectacularly epic failures either!

LMAO the compressed air was vented into the air intake tube. Which was open to run the car to begin with.  Adding the air....anything extra would blow out the intake/air filter in reverse.  They need to seal the system, then run it on the compressed air boost.  Maybe next week they will try again????   

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

LMAO the compressed air was vented into the air intake tube. Which was open to run the car to begin with.  Adding the air....anything extra would blow out the intake/air filter in reverse.  They need to seal the system, then run it on the compressed air boost.  Maybe next week they will try again????   

Right you are buddy! First off they had 80 psi only when they first cracked the valve! Then the psi in the size pipe they had when opened to atmosphere would have dropped that to maybe 40 and continued to decline from there. Secondly the air volume they had would have been gone in under 3 seconds. It would take a minimum of 1200 gals of air at 360 psi delivered in a 1” I.D. line straight to each cylinder or at least to inside of the plenum to even get close to do what they are trying to do and that’s not accounting for the weight of the containers needed to support 360 psi! :nuts:

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1