Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

But it will be SO WORTH IT.

Hope so. :lol:

Would you guys hate me if I got a set of these to go on the GTP hood I want to pick up? :lol:

AerocatchWhite.jpg

They'd be going on this, the OEM TGP/'91-'93 GTP/TSTE hood.

TGPHood.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Nov 20 2011, 01:00 PM' post='62268']

If they're holding down the hood, then no issue. Paint them black.

They'd be functional, no fakes. :lol: I'm torn between white or black.

What are they?

Flush-mounted hood pins.

Personally I'm not a fan of the look of hood pins

:( on modern car I say no. I like the hood thou if it will fit.

All '88-'96 GP hoods are the same, regardless of if it's a sedan or coupe, so it'll bolt right on and apart from usual panel alignment shouldn't need many tweaks. I just have to find a hood though, to go with a set of louvers I should be buying. The more I picture the 'finished product' in my head, the more I want to go with a subtle track car/old school racer look; thus, the louvered hood and hood pins.

Today my father and I took the Focus out to the storage unit (He really wanted to drive it :() and checked in on Judge. I used the opportunity to take some pictures and measurements of some items I want to work on so I have some reference for when I'm at home. Not having it in the garage makes simple tasks a little more time-consuming. Hopefully soon I can start ordering/working on parts.

Edit: Pictures uploaded

As mentioned, I want to tidy up the underside and replace some parts. On my to-do list today was to get some pictures of the components for reference when deciding what to replace or refinish.

P1170795.jpg

P1170787.jpg

P1170789.jpg

Not too bad for almost 20 winters, but not where I'd like it.

Diggin the STE hood. I think the color matched latches wouldn't be too ricey..

Question though.. Would you want to and/or Would there be any way to adapt the STE mascaraed headlights and center section above the front bumper? I think it would make the front end more aggressive.

The underside doesn't look super bad.. It should clean up nice with some new parts and paint.

I LOVE TGPs. So beautiful. I definitely approve of the hood. I'm undecided on the hood pins, I'd probably have to see a photoshop to know how I really feel, ha.

Diggin the STE hood. I think the color matched latches wouldn't be too ricey..

Question though.. Would you want to and/or Would there be any way to adapt the STE mascaraed headlights and center section above the front bumper? I think it would make the front end more aggressive.

The underside doesn't look super bad.. It should clean up nice with some new parts and paint.

I meant TGP headlights and center. *smacks head

I figured you meant TGP. :cheers:

A front-end conversion would be simple provided the parts could be found, it should all bolt right on (Bumper and lights are all that are needed). I adore the TGP front end, and would love to see a sedan with it done, but I don't know how I'd like it on Judge, to be honest. I've spent my whole life looking at it with this front end, so it'd be a big change.

I actually have a set of the Mascara corner lights though, and a center light bar could be modified to match them and a set of headlights pretty easily. I've thought about this....

@Sadie: I want to do some proper photo editing to see how it'd look. I'm sure I'll get heck for it from some people (On other forums) but I think it could look really cool once paired with some other changes, namely hood and stance.

I needs to gets to orderin'.

P1170623-1.jpg

I miss the GP. Still waiting on a chance to buy parts I need. Some things never change.

Also, I found this when going through an album from a local shop that was at the Show 'n' Shine back in September. Notice the reflection.

QP2011ReflectionofGP.jpg

:D

Spoke with a friend of mine today, he sourced a set of the Aerocatch hood pins for me and should have them here very soon.

I thought I had a potential GTP hood lined up, but only after talking back and forth with the seller, and thinking all was good, did I learn that he was 3 hours away in another city. D'oh.

• Founders

I thought I had a potential GTP hood lined up, but only after talking back and forth with the seller, and thinking all was good, did I learn that he was 3 hours away in another city. D'oh.

Ouch, was the price good? Not worth the money for transportation cost?

Ouch, was the price good? Not worth the money for transportation cost?

The price was very good, especially considering it was complete with louvers, but I can't get out there to pick it up and once I tack on shipping to get something that big down here, it'd just make more sense to find a hood locally and cut it up if needed.

At least the hood pins will give me something to play with when they arrive, and count as some progress in collecting parts.

The price was very good, especially considering it was complete with louvers, but I can't get out there to pick it up and once I tack on shipping to get something that big down here, it'd just make more sense to find a hood locally and cut it up if needed.

At least the hood pins will give me something to play with when they arrive, and count as some progress in collecting parts.

Is the hood factory oem? I don't like cutting up hoods, sometimes it can come out bad

I assume it was. It's kind of a moot point though, because for cars like TGPs (Which have the louvers as well) the hoods would be cut when they were converted to TGP-spec (Many started life as SEs).

I've been in contact with a Canadian W-body owner about possibly buying some parts (Hood, suspension), but it's frustrating. I thought he'd specifically have the items I wanted, instead he said he has more than I need for several hundred dollars.

-I want just a couple of first-gen suspension parts. I do not want a complete suspension assembly, for hundreds of dollars, which has second-generation front knuckles, requiring me to buy new rotors. Saying 'I don't need or want a complete setup' doesn't mean reply stating what companies you bought everything from.

-I can not drive 3000 kilometers to meet you half-way.

-I do not want to ship a hood across the country. I don't care if you've shipped hoods before, it's too much. How many times do I have to say I would rather find one locally?

[/Rant]