Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

99% of the population neglects cars. I have seen far too many almost-new cars at work that have been beaten to a pulp. :angry:

B5 A4s still have my attention though, but finding one in a decent colour is proving hard. Most are black (I will NOT get a black car, too high maintenance).

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black paint...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm never buying a black car again. I personally want a shade of blue my 95 Intrepid was, or silver metallic.

• Founders

99% of the population neglects cars. I have seen far too many almost-new cars at work that have been beaten to a pulp. :bacon:

:lol:

Drive, where I live for a day and you'll see this first hand.

and I still love black for a car color, I'm looking at the IBM color for my Camaro but if I find a Black one for cheaper w/ everything definitely getting it.

' date='Jul 4 2011, 10:54 PM' post='56674']

Black paint...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm never buying a black car again. I personally want a shade of blue my 95 Intrepid was, or silver metallic.

Blacks beautiful but a PAIN IN THE ASS and I would never get a black used car for sure.

Silver FTW but the lighter shade of blue on the new Camaros is awesome looking too.

UPDATE: Time Attack Stripes

P1140315.jpg

To break up all of the black, I decided to try some Time Attack stripes as a subtle contrast. A quick trip to Canadian Tire got me a couple of different colours to try, silver and white. I ended up using the former, but being vinyl I can change them down the road should I change my mind.

The wheels' lips were cleaned and then began the tedious process of placing the vinyl. With some patience I was able to keep the vinyl in a smooth circle and am pleased with the results. Because my wheels also have the hammered-on weights (Which I had specified to NOT use...), I then wrapped a portion of each with the vinyl to keep the stripe continuous.

After not too much time all four wheels were ready and I was happy with the results.

P1140308.jpg

P1140309.jpg

P1140311.jpg

P1140312e.jpg

The silver is a subtle accent, and gives some definition to the wheels.

Meanwhile the intake is still coming along, I'm just waiting to get some pipe cut so that it can be painted and assembled. The new dogbone mounts are still in transit somewhere too. Eventually the 3.1 will get some more attention.

P1140313.jpg

Thanks! :)

I still have to come up with something for the center caps, either an arrowhead or something custom for the car.

Also, I should be able to update the thread again soon, just after I left town on Friday (Just as I was leaving my neighborhood in fact) a Canada Post truck showed up. I called a friend and sure enough a parcel for me was left on our front step. It should be my engine mounts.

UPDATE: MRZ Dogbone Mounts

P1140325.jpg

Sure enough, the Canada Post truck that I passed on Friday had my new dogbone mounts from MRZ performance. After arriving home this afternoon I installed them. They basically fell into place, it was painless compared to fitting the previously-tried 'dogbones'. I haven't driven the car yet to see how they feel, that'll have to wait until tomorrow morning when I head to work.

P1140334.jpg

P1140337.jpg

So far I am very pleased with them, beautifully made pieces that fit perfectly. Hopefully they perform just as nicely as they look.

mmm nope, nope. dont like it. they are the only things that are shiny. :D jk. test them out!!

Ballin.

Seeing that makes me miss my 3.1 Regal a little bit.. I did the 1.6 junk yard rocker mod just because.

:lol: I had a fully loaded 1988 limited. The waterfall digital dash was awesome and a real fun car to drive.

Thanks everyone!

How are they? (I assume you've driven it by now :lol: )

They're what I was expecting. They are stiffer, obviously, so the car vibrates a little at idle. They're stiffer than OEM but nowhere near as bad as the mounts I tried previously.

The GP is loud now.

I wish my Regal would've been in condition like this. I don't usually like the 4dr early GP's but this one's pretty nice... I like what you've done :lol: although I agree with everyone on those wheels, they're nice but I think they'd really fit in white :) and I like the look of those motor mounts, I'd like to see a set of those for the minivan... hmm... one's torn on there anyways, maybe looking forward to a new fix for it :)

• Founders

Oh I missed the wheel update!

It looks better but from far away it's a little unnoticeable, I still think it being white would be a better :lol:

Thanks guys! In person the time attack stripes seem to stand out much more, so I'm pleased with them. The mounts are also still in, so they've lasted longer than the last set I tried. They do stand out though, but I still have a couple of aesthetic changes in store for the engine so that the mounts aren't the only items to catch your eye. I have a spare UIM and valve cover that will be painted-the installs will wait for when the engine's apart for some maintenance.

The GP has seen no changes lately, I've just been driving it and enjoying it. My focus is now on the winter-car hunt. I've decided on the DB ('94-'01 sedans, though Canada only got up to '97) and DC ('94-'01 coupes) Acura Integras, so now I'm keeping an eye out for any interesting ones that may pop up. My only requirements are that it be a standard, and that it be any colour but black.

• 2 weeks later...

Integra hunt continues...one I had my eye on sold within a day, which was unfortunate. I've found another potential though, with a JDM front end conversion already done-HUGE bonus. We shall see....

Also, a picture from this past week's meet. My parents surprised us by showing up with my mother's Thunderbird.

GPandTB.jpg

Other than that, there's no news to report as the Integra hunt is taking my car-time. :(

GPandTB.jpg

Well, this morning the papers were signed. My parents and I now have a storage unit for both of these cars that's close to home. When winter comes, they will be put away and be saved from the salt and rocks. :D

• 5 weeks later...

I've been gone for a little while, but I'm back now. :angry:

I just returned from an almost-three week vacation in British Columbia, and the day before I got back I was invited to head to a local Show 'n' Shine with ill.motion (illmotion.com), which is on the 11th.

http://quarryparkandpolish.com/

This week I fortunately have no classes (University resumes next week) and only work two days, so I have some time to address a list of minor things to fix/touch up, and maybe change a couple of things before Sunday shows up. :)