Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ringo gets GTO?

• Founders

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;j...mp;aff=national

I actually just stumbled upon this GTO and everything about it just screams "BUY ME!!!!" This is my reasonable dream car right now and I really would like to have it, only thing is money. I don't have nearly 2k, let alone 23k ;)

I'm gonna talk with them about it for a while but the only thing I'm really against is the dealer is in fuckin Jacksonville a 6 hour drive!!! So looks like I may pass because if anything does go wrong I don't want to tow it back to Jacksonville lol but I couldn't let this baby just slip by figured somebody else can look at it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not you too.

:P jk.

;) My goal is to keep the 6 and just work my ass off and maybe cash in a few bonds along with scholarship overflow money. I think getting a GTO is feasible but I really have to wait till I have a full time job.

• Founders

oh. ;) well if youre keeping the 6...then carry on.

and have two Pontiacs.

That's the plan! My dads looking to buy the Monte Carlo from me so that's $2-3,000 in my pocket then I'm looking at hopefully finding a goodish GTO from anywhere from $13-16,000 and I can pay that off within a year easily. Hopefully this all works out along with advertising from here :P

wash the car and polish it up really good right before you sell it so it looks great and an extra $500 more.

holy low mileage!! all the cool kids are switching g6 for gto hahaha. but srsly thay goat is VERY expensive. i know the miles are low but damn thats a lot. u should be able to pull an 05-06 for about 18-19k with less than 36k miles on it. like how my 2004 was 16,000$ and it had 16,5k miles on it. i think u can find a better deal cuz at 24k$ u can prolly find a very nice G8 GT...not that i recommend that over a goat but its newer and if sedan is ur thing.... ill stop rambling now. GET A GOAT

Ya the car is very mint and what not. but the price tag is too high. You can pick a very nice used one for much less.

Actually, for less than 7,000mi the price on that is right. Normally I would say $18,000-20,000 AT MOST for a 2006 GTO.. but the mileage on that puts it well up there.

Things to check if you do change your mind to look at it:

Top of the rear seats neat the rear deck. These are notourois for the seams to burst from being in the sun. Have them patch it before you pick up like i did.

Check how hard it is to put the key in/out. If you had to use real effort, you will need a new ignition lock cylinder.. the new one. The one in the GTO stock wears and locks up, but with 7,000mi I doubt this one will have a issue, but eventually you will need to replace it with the new design one, which is covered by a TSB anyway free from any GM dealer.

Check the hood. The leading edge of all GTO's are know to get tiny tiny rust spots on the leading edge of the hood.

• Founders

Actually, for less than 7,000mi the price on that is right. Normally I would say $18,000-20,000 AT MOST for a 2006 GTO.. but the mileage on that puts it well up there.

Things to check if you do change your mind to look at it:

Top of the rear seats neat the rear deck. These are notourois for the seams to burst from being in the sun. Have them patch it before you pick up like i did.

Check how hard it is to put the key in/out. If you had to use real effort, you will need a new ignition lock cylinder.. the new one. The one in the GTO stock wears and locks up, but with 7,000mi I doubt this one will have a issue, but eventually you will need to replace it with the new design one, which is covered by a TSB anyway free from any GM dealer.

Check the hood. The leading edge of all GTO's are know to get tiny tiny rust spots on the leading edge of the hood.

Thanks Erik! I will check those things out when I finally find the right GTO.

I just love this GTO, everything I want and the really low mileage is a huge plus but the price is way too high for me at this time so looks like its to find another GTO.

' date='Apr 13 2010, 08:41 AM' post='20900']

Sexy GTO, but for the price? Bah.

G8 > GTO

Completely agree. Couple weeks ago a guy that i know asked me if i wanted to trade plus some cash for G8 GT with headers, long tube, Intake, spray and tune. But he dogs the hell out of it so I said no way in hell :willy_nilly: even though I REALLY wanted it lol

I'm looking at hopefully finding a goodish GTO from anywhere from $13-16,000 and I can pay that off within a year easily. Hopefully this all works out along with advertising from here :)

Like WoodburyMan said, watch out for ignition lock (can be helped with graphite lubricant, it's a powder, works great), it's very common with the GTOs... both of the GTOs in my family suffered from this problem ('04 and '06).

LS2GTO.com has some great info...

I drove my brother's GTO a lot, it's a very sweet ride, even if it is a bit over weight. :rolleyes:

Not a bad thing, but a very annoying thing, the GTO is VERY picky about how you do things, like locking the car then closing the door or popping the trunk will set the alarm off... this is a car that likes order.

Other then that... GO FOR IT!

Come on Jim you know you want to buy a KIA Rio from me. :lol2:

:cheers:

• Founders

Come on Jim you know you want to buy a KIA Rio from me. ;)

:lol2:

:cheers::lol2::lol2::rofl:;)

:rofl::rofl:

My friend asked me the other day "What would you say if I bought a KIA Forte?" I appropriately responded with "That your Gay" cause he would be going from a Jeep Wrangler to a KIA Forte, WTF!

' date='Apr 13 2010, 08:41 AM' post='20900']

Sexy GTO, but for the price? Bah.

G8 > GTO

umm....no. i would say the only thing the G8 has that is what some people would call "nicer" than a gto is 4 doors. i like the looks of both and when it comes to power and weigh GTO>G8 unless its G8 GXP of course

I honestly would get a G8 over a GTO but thats simply bcuz i have a family of 5 and need all the seats i can get and space. If i didn't have the fam, GTO would then be my choice. I know that doesn't help any but I think you should hold off until you are ready to get the GTO. too much money and you aren't even prepared money wise from what it sounds like. be patient and don't jump to conclusions. (i learned from experience) lol

• Founders

I honestly would get a G8 over a GTO but thats simply bcuz i have a family of 5 and need all the seats i can get and space. If i didn't have the fam, GTO would then be my choice. I know that doesn't help any but I think you should hold off until you are ready to get the GTO. too much money and you aren't even prepared money wise from what it sounds like. be patient and don't jump to conclusions. (i learned from experience) lol

lol yea if I do get a GTO it will become the "project" car thus even if all of sudden I have a family it won't have to go away because of its lack of family friendlyness :lol2: Another thing is yea I'm not going to purchase one unless I'm 100% certain I can afford it, hell I don't have a second job yet that will be necessary for this so basically this was just me looking around and found a perfect GTO and thought I would share my plans for one. Don't worry Mando, money control is a big thing in my family and I learned from my dad (an accountant) everything possibly you should know to manage yourself and a business. I still wouldn't make as big as financial move as this without him looking it over at least once either :cheers:

Jim you could always tell your dad that he will save money on gas for the lawnmower. :lol2:

goat_eating-447.jpg

• Founders

Jim you could always tell your dad that he will save money on gas for the lawnmower. :lol2:

goat_eating-447.jpg

:bacon:

I think my dad would buy me a GTO if I bought him an actual Goat :cheers: he hates having to mow our lawn

• Founders

Found another!!! :(

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...;standard=false

This one is literally like 5 minutes away from me but wayyyyyy overpiced. why do I keep torturing myself by looking at these :willy_nilly: